Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 9101112 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    6/08/2011 4:02pm

Style: bjj/judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yelm View Post
    BJJ legit minus the BB? Really so my new kajukenbo class is legit too, I am just coaching til I get somebody with qualifications to teach. The fact that some people support you teaching bjj with a white belt level 3 military combatives does not make your BJJ legit. Once you have a BJJ black belt actually teaching then you will be legit.
    This is a ridiculous statement. When our BJJ school started the owner was a brown belt. Somehow he managed to field one of the best grappling competition teams in the northeast. He has since received his black belt, and it no doubt helps for prospective students, but to say that you can only receive quality instruction from a black belt is completely false. Also to state that a black belt ensures the proficiency that a teacher has in imparting skills to students is pretty weak.

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/08/2011 4:06pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    BJJ legit minus the BB? Really so my new kajukenbo class is legit too, I am just coaching til I get somebody with qualifications to teach. The fact that some people support you teaching bjj with a white belt level 3 military combatives does not make your BJJ legit. Once you have a BJJ black belt actually teaching then you will be legit.
    Want to get on the mat with me? If not then shut the **** up.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/08/2011 4:41pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Brazillian Jiu-jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Excuse me? I was going on his statement that once he has his BB in town and teaching he will be legit. Not a blanket statement as in I was not saying you needed a BB to teach. I am well aware that purples and sometimes blues teach. Not white belts though.

As far as getting on the mat with you, sure.

Posted On:
    6/08/2011 4:48pm

Style: WHKD (Kaju), Sub. Grapple

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigungmark View Post
    Sifu Jason Thanks for the info. However the title of Sigung was granted me by GM Heuer and Professor Larson. As I stated before the Tum Pai Branch ranks slower and it is more of a time in art rather that rank. When I was in Hawaii birth place of Kaju I was asked my rank (5th) and was called Sigung by the professoers there as well. But the official title came later.
    Hope that clears up the some of that for you as well. I didn't ask for the title, it was bestowed upon me. I will also be ranking to 6th in a short while, again upto my instructor.
    Thanks again Brother
    Thanks for clarification, and it is good to know that it was bestowed upon you by your instructor. It is still a bit "wonky" in my book though, and rubs me not quite the right way. I know GM Loren (rest in peace) followed the standard protocol.

See this link
    Last edited by SifuJason; 6/08/2011 4:52pm at . Reason: Found a link

Posted On:
    6/08/2011 4:49pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The point is he HAD an instructor WHO LEFT. I agree you can't just start a program without a qualified teacher. That is a whole different story than having a gap, due to changes in staff.

Posted On:
    6/08/2011 4:50pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

As far as getting on the mat with you, sure.
    This I have to see.

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/08/2011 4:52pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Cool come over to the Mega and I'll show you how a white belt in BJJ rolls.

For the record your quote reads:
    Once you have a BJJ black belt actually teaching then you will be legit.
    So this reads like you're an asshole. At this time I won't excuse you. Either learn how to conduct a proper investigation or stop all this bullshit.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/08/2011 5:04pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    Excuse me? If you want respect why don't you start by giving it? Sifu Jason and I have been objective and courteous to you and have jumped some of the based accusations.

Don't group him and me in the same category.
    My appologies if you thought I was grouping you in with the others, that was not my intet. I really appreciate your unbiased oppinions and support. y last post was only for those who didn't bother checking facts before jumping on the bash wagon. Both you and Sifujason were fair and I'm sorry if it came pout wrong.
    Thanks

Lightweight

Posted On:
    6/08/2011 5:18pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigungmark View Post
    By the way Hermes is innocent until proven guilty. That's why I have been hesitant to push that story! Kind of wish I was given the same courtesy here. But we all now know why I wasn't!
    The bullshido community already knew about hermes' situation. I know him and have been at multiple events with him, including charity seminars. Not once did I say he was guilty. What I did WA point out the irregularities in your website. I called to question the things I had issues with. I still have issues with your take on doing nothing wrong and saying no one in the Bjj community helped you out from what I can understand you never asked for help. Pretty sure if you did someone would have. I would have WILLINGLY volunteered

Lightweight

Posted On:
    6/08/2011 5:37pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Was Hermes actually teaching at your school? Or was t Joe who at some point was going to be tested by hermes?

As for him claiming that Bjj was taught. He said to me in a conversation in his gym well no Joe isn't ranked in Bjj. But hes got a level 3 in military combatives, and that comes from Bjj. He will get ranked once we decide once we have the black belt from brazil come rank him. that is my issue he has a white belt with a level 3 in something that is not Bjj but claiming it's the same thing. It's bs.
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 9101112 ... LastLast