Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 891011 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    6/08/2011 9:58am

Style: WHKD (Kaju), Sub. Grapple

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    To be fair, being a McDojo is pertinent to MABS. It is the degree of McDojoism that is important.
    Point. I will amend my statement to say that in the industry, Premier has a reputation of being more about business systems (which can have McDojoism in it), but has a strong emphasis on making sure the head instructors of each premier school teach martial arts they are certified in--ie they don't sell you a krotty package, you have to bring the skill.

Posted On:
    6/08/2011 9:59am

Style: WHKD (Kaju), Sub. Grapple

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    As for Kajukenbo it's a hit or miss as I've come across some highly skilled instructors and then some so so instructors to the outright insane instructors. We have a bunch of new guys trying to "investigate" you and have no idea how to do so correctly. Please stay on the board as we could use some high level people representing your style.
    Ya, there is like 3-4 of us who are regular or semi-regular posters/lurkers.

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/08/2011 10:02am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SifuJason View Post
    Point. I will amend my statement to say that in the industry, Premier has a reputation of being more about business systems (which can have McDojoism in it), but has a strong emphasis on making sure the head instructors of each premier school teach martial arts they are certified in--ie they don't sell you a krotty package, you have to bring the skill.
    Thank you.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/08/2011 2:51pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Navita View Post
    So, what we've learned Premier Martial arts is a franchise= McDojo. SifuJason what magazine did you see it advertised in?

The Kajukenbo class is by invite only. And only if you are 'good enough' for them. You have to take extra classes to be put in the running for the class. I don't get not allowing people to take the one martial arts class you are certified and ranked in.

Again this is not true and the little retraction post you did wsn't good enough. how about going back and taking down all the lies and misinformation and let's see what's left! Nothing!
    I also love how one of the emails said how BJJ is such a "tight community" but when everyone found out the situation we were in because of the trouble with our Black Belt how so many of the "tight community" were there to help! Thanks for the support by the way! What a communtiy. I guess it shows where the rumors started from a competing school who saw the opportunity when they knew about our situation to try and smear our name.
    lets Recap:
    Krav Legit!
    Kajukenbo Legit!
    BJJ Legit! Minus the Black Belt at this time, but will have our Black belt on site end of July. Again thatnks for the support!
    Kali is in Kajukenbo and Premier.
    Kick Boxin Legit!
    Tai Chi Legit!
    Did I miss anyhing? If so I'm sure one of our local "community" guys will point it out.
    Thanks for allowing me to show all the BS that is going round is false!
    Thanks for allowing me to show my cridentials and clear the air about the BJJ issue.
    What you have all done for me is something I wouldn't have had the opportunity t do, show how great our progams are!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yli View Post
    As a note, Premier Martial Arts in Olympia is not permitted to teach Krav Maga under any of the major North American Krav Maga organizations.

Krav Maga Worlwide, Krav Maga Global, Krav Maga Alliance, Krav Maga Federation and the International Krav Maga Federation do not list Premier Martial Arts in Olympia WA as a location authorized to teach their systems.

The nearest location officially authorized to teach Krav Maga is 30 miles away. Mr. Casey is not even permitted to teach Commando Krav Maga.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/08/2011 2:59pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Navita View Post
    So, what we've learned Premier Martial arts is a franchise= McDojo. SifuJason what magazine did you see it advertised in?

The Kajukenbo class is by invite only. And only if you are 'good enough' for them. You have to take extra classes to be put in the running for the class. I don't get not allowing people to take the one martial arts class you are certified and ranked in.

To my understanding, they had a coach (Franka); that coach had to leave. Now, they are finding a new coach. Like any smart businessman, he is keeping the program going as best he can in the interim.

He doesn't claim rank in BJJ, have anyone on his site who claims it, nor claims to teach BJJ on his website. Where is the fraudulence business practices? Remember, this is MABS. There is a high burden of proof here.

The ONLY thing I feel we can legitimately call him on is the use of the title Sigung (sorry to pick on you Mark, but I am trying to be fair here). Sigung is reserved for 6th and 7th degree in Kajukenbo. Alternatively, it can be used for your instructor's instructor (for instance, my students call my teacher Sigung Al Dacascos). However, Mark doesn't have black belt students with schools of their own, to my knowledge (please correct me if I am wrong), so this title should not be used. That's about it, as I can see it.[/QUOTE]

Sifu Jason Thanks for the info. However the title of Sigung was granted me by GM Heuer and Professor Larson. As I stated before the Tum Pai Branch ranks slower and it is more of a time in art rather that rank. When I was in Hawaii birth place of Kaju I was asked my rank (5th) and was called Sigung by the professoers there as well. But the official title came later.
    Hope that clears up the some of that for you as well. I didn't ask for the title, it was bestowed upon me. I will also be ranking to 6th in a short while, again upto my instructor.
    Thanks again Brother

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/08/2011 3:03pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    By the way Hermes is innocent until proven guilty. That's why I have been hesitant to push that story! Kind of wish I was given the same courtesy here. But we all now know why I wasn't!

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/08/2011 3:12pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigungmark View Post
    By the way Hermes is innocent until proven guilty. That's why I have been hesitant to push that story! Kind of wish I was given the same courtesy here. But we all now know why I wasn't!
    Yes, because this isn't a court of law.

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/08/2011 3:13pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigungmark View Post
    Excuse me? If you want respect why don't you start by giving it? Sifu Jason and I have been objective and courteous to you and have jumped some of the based accusations.

Don't group him and me in the same category.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/08/2011 3:54pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Brazillian Jiu-jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    BJJ legit minus the BB? Really so my new kajukenbo class is legit too, I am just coaching til I get somebody with qualifications to teach. The fact that some people support you teaching bjj with a white belt level 3 military combatives does not make your BJJ legit. Once you have a BJJ black belt actually teaching then you will be legit.

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/08/2011 3:55pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Purple and in some cases Blues can teach. Slow your roll with the Blanket statements.
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 891011 ... LastLast