Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Lightweight

Posted On:
    6/07/2011 8:04pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by datdamnmachine View Post
    Exactly. Could be a "our website is out of date", could be a "we totally teach the BJJ/GJJ", could be "we don't want to specifically say on our website that we teach BJJ/GJJ but if you ask us we will totally say we do".
    I went to the school and actually tried to try a grappling class. They then asked me if I was sure I didn't want to try Krav Maga. That it was better for girls. When I was waiting just to see the class, there were 2 teens in BJJ gis, and both had white belts on. When asked he was like oh yea combatives are totally allowed to teach gi and no gi. It's all the same.

Quote Originally Posted by SifuJason View Post
    Not sure if it is a Premier martial arts thing they are referring to or a Kajukenbo thing. In Kajukenbo, you get your black belt, you have to have 3 3rd+ degree black belts (in Kaju) sit on a testing board and sign off on it.
    Not how it works in BJJ, not only that they are in talks with 3 different black belts from different schools. Basically they are going to see who gives their army guy the highest rank, and go from there. Joe has never done brazilian jiu jitsu but apparently he is completely qualified to teach. That's the bs part. The owner Mark flat out told me well army combatives and bjj are the exact same thing if you're level three you're practically a black belt. He will get ranked highly by one of the black belts so then he can start ranking all of our students from there. He also kept talking about this family of bjj'ers from northern brazil called the Sas family. How they are world famous etc. and better than the gracies... Ok I've done bjj for 4 years, tried to google said family, no info came up. I asked a couple brazilian black belt friends about them. They basically said yea there's a team in northern brazil, had like 2 decent MMA fighters (one who is currently charged with sexual misconduct with a former female student that is under the age of 14) but as for being fantastic world champs and the next school after the Gracies, that's a crock.

Yelm do you have the name of a good Orthopedic doctor? I want to get my knee checked out even though I may not need surgery, I want to be safe.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/07/2011 9:06pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OK it seems several people have questioned the systems we teach. I have trained in Kajukenbo for nearly 30 years. I have studied Tai Chi for nearly as long. I've certified in Krav Maga and have trained in it for 8-9 years under Ernie Kirk of PA. The instructor colleges are held by United professionals, and are not curriculum colleges, but a how to teach college. Premier Martial arts is a system that incorporates Sport Karate, Muay Tai (Jeff Jimmo) and Krav Maga Universal (Ernie Kirk). The question seems to come about BJJ. As of right now the BJJ Black Belt we had and trained under got introuble and he can't and we won't use him. So our students and coaches were supposed to be ranked a couple months ago and it obviously did not happen. I'm in contact with another BJJ black Belt from the same lineage to come and rank the students. I never once said I was a BJJ black belt. I have too many other things going on to try and pick up another black belt. I roll with the guys but am not interested at ranking at this time. So no where will you see me claim to be a BJJ black belt. Some one is mistaken. I have recieved several harrassing email from one person, and he is trying to read between the lines of email and put his own meaning in. The other Black Belt will be here to rank between July and August depending on the birth of his child and his fighting schedule. If anyone has questions or wants to really see what we do please feel free to come by at anytime and observe any class. I have been in the martial arts for years and owned a school for nearly 15 years and taught at my instructors school before that. I personally didn't want to bring the sport of BJJ in the school, some of my students did, and I always try to help them out. Unfortunately the Black Belt we found had some issues we didn't know about and we were left hanging. Any other suggestions on how to rectify this we be appreciated.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/07/2011 9:51pm

Style: Stabbing the Face.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    EDIT: I just saw that he was licensed through KM Universal. Ernie Kirk is legit, as is Jeff Jimmo.
    Last edited by yli; 6/07/2011 10:16pm at .

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/07/2011 9:55pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OK once again, things are taken out of context and basically untrue. I never said Joe was basically a black Belt. I said he was a level 3 combatives instructor and combatives comes from Gracies. I said he knows the rules of competition for BJJ and not that he was qualified instructor but a coach. The BJJ instructor we had we won't use even if we could because of his misconduct. And for this we are being scrutinized. Also never said they were better than Gracies I said they were a large family from Bazil like the Gracies. It's a case of let's sensationalize things to make it sound better. I also asked the girl if she wanted to try Krav not that it was better for girls, don't know where that came from. We didn't have anyone here for the grappling class and the boys she was talking about had white belts on anbd were just practicing on there own because the schedule changed because of our problem with the instructor. We are not looking for the instructor that will give the highest rank. I want our students to earn rank, as in my other programs. Again we are being scrutinized because we had an instructor who was immoral, while away from our school mind you, and we can't/won't use him. I would think that would draw positive not negative comments. Maybe I should bail him out and let him test our guys, that would be great huh? not a chance. I'll let those that would rather me have an immorral black belt here keep talking, but I will get a quality Black belt to rank them instead. Thanks for the concern.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/07/2011 10:01pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OK once again, no one asked for my credentials in Kran Maga but I gave them in a previous post. I belong to Kav Maga Universal under Ernie Kirk from PA.
    Thanks again for commenting without checking or reading previous posts.
    I love the concern for facts when really all you have to do is ask and listen not read anything else into it. Anyone can come in and see what I do. The Grappling is just a practice group that competes in BJJ comps until we can get them ranked.

Posted On:
    6/07/2011 10:06pm

Style: WHKD (Kaju), Sub. Grapple

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by yli View Post
    The problem with Mark Casey's Krav Maga is that he could just be using the name to sell Bullshido (Moni Azik anyone?). This is further made murkier by the fact that he won't say who he learned Krav Maga from. If he learned Krav Maga from a Human Weapon episode or something, he should tell his customers that. If he learned Krav Maga directly at the feet of Imi Lichtenfeld, he should tell his customers that too.
    He actually posted above who he studied under: Ernie Kirk.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/07/2011 10:15pm

Style: Stabbing the Face.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SifuJason View Post
    He actually posted above who he studied under: Ernie Kirk.
    I'll edit it, he must have replied while I was typing that post. Ernie's school in Philadelphia has gotten some pretty good reviews from the KM community, and he's highly regarded as an instructor.
    Last edited by yli; 6/07/2011 10:21pm at .

Lightweight

Posted On:
    6/08/2011 12:00am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mark I know exactly which black belt it was, and the family you are talking about is practically unknown. Saying a level three combatives is able to coach jiu jitsu is completely wrong. Youd be amazed at how many combatives guys can't do the techniques right. So having a WHITE BELT teach isn't exactly fair for the amount you make them pay. Why dont you list on your site what ranks people have? claiming you have grappling but no instructor. And guess what those kids will still be white belts when they get ranked you've warned them they cant pay a price and in 3 years have a black belt. I never once said you were a black belt. Having at least a legitimate belt rank of some form for your instructor is what is being questioned. And you never invited me to take krav maga, the female at the front asked me 3 different times if i was sure i didn't want to take krav maga instead.

Hermes Franca is a good black belt. He made his mistakes and is going through the legal process. We are not scrutinizing you for that. I am scrutinizing you for #1 not being able to tell me the name of the 3 black belts you claimed to be in contact with. Actually i had to tell you the name of one of them.

Claiming your instructors have gone to martial arts colleges is funny too. Did you know there are ACTUAL UNIVERSITIES that give accredited degrees for martial arts? Bridgeport University Indiana University. Accredited colleges, with REAL programs.

And why have classes to become a black belt in a class that doesn't actually have a martial art name. Premier Martial Art black belt. What Style is that?

Also what is your training for Kali? YOu offer it? what is your rank?
    Who taught you?

Why is bujinkan ninjutsu mentioned on the belt rank page but nowhere else?

Why can you only be selected to be in kajukenbo class, even though it's the one thing you boast about all over your website?

Why show a video of Gracies doing Brazilian jiu jitsu even though you claim you don't teach it?

Oh and why not bring BJJ in? Because kids can't get black belts? Because it takes time?

Lightweight

Posted On:
    6/08/2011 12:09am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigungmark View Post
    OK once again, no one asked for my credentials in Kran Maga but I gave them in a previous post. I belong to Kav Maga Universal under Ernie Kirk from PA.
    Thanks again for commenting without checking or reading previous posts.
    I love the concern for facts when really all you have to do is ask and listen not read anything else into it. Anyone can come in and see what I do. The Grappling is just a practice group that competes in BJJ comps until we can get them ranked.
    oh yea? how did they do? 1 person got second at a local tournament in the white belt division, right?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/08/2011 1:05am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bujimkan? give me a break it was from a joker that thought he was a ninja! He put it on my site and I thought it was all taken off! Again if you don't know what Kajukenbo is you may want to ask Chuck liddell or John Hackleman. Again we won't use the former BJJ black Belt how is that so hard for people to understand. I will get another good instructor as my students love the training. Some of the statements I'm reading are bordering on slander. Please check your facts before you post things like "What is That Kajukenbo thing anyway?' you sound a little uninformed by those staements. And Premier Martial Arts is all across America and the UK and Canada, and yes it is legit. If anyone has questions come in and check out what we do. I have invited all those who contact me to do so and nobody has come in except somebady that was looking to find an issue, which I already explained.
    Thanks for posting our website! I'll be sure to check for any errors. But aside from the ninja dude posting stuff there shouldn't be anything off on the site. But I will go through it again. You never know who gets on there and changes things. I hope I have answered enough questions here and the invite is still open to come in and ask questions. Also I understand somebody that is a BJJ black belt getting upset if they think we are teaching unqualified. But I hope I answered the questions well enough so people understand the situation we were put in by our other instructor. Thanks for the concern.
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1234 5678 ... LastLast