Administrator

Posted On:
    6/07/2011 4:13pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by yli View Post
    As a note, Premier Martial Arts in Olympia is not permitted to teach Krav Maga under any of the major North American Krav Maga organizations.

Krav Maga Worlwide, Krav Maga Global, Krav Maga Alliance, Krav Maga Federation and the International Krav Maga Federation do not list Premier Martial Arts in Olympia WA as a location authorized to teach their systems.

The nearest location officially authorized to teach Krav Maga is 30 miles away. Mr. Casey is not even permitted to teach Commando Krav Maga.
    *ahem **** krav maga and your elitist bullshit propaganda*

On a more serious note; any relationship to....http://www.premiermartialarts.com/

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/07/2011 4:15pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Never mind......Got interrupted before I could post and everybody else seem to answer that question.

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/07/2011 4:19pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As to yli retarded post. Premier is a franchise, they do have the right to use the name Krav Maga.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/07/2011 5:00pm

Style: Stabbing the Face.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    As to yli retarded post. Premier is a franchise, they do have the right to use the name Krav Maga.
    1.) The large organizations mentioned publicly list their locations, and this place doesn't show up on any of the school directory. The location described is not certified through any of the large organizations that maintain quality control for instructors. Secondly, the instructor might have learned some Krav Maga techniques through the Premier instructor training system, but this doesn't necessarily qualify him to teach a certain curriculum more widely recognized as Krav Maga.

2.) Sure, they have the right to use the name Krav Maga, as it's a generic term. Will they be taught a martial art commonly recognized as Krav Maga? Who knows?

Lightweight

Posted On:
    6/07/2011 6:12pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    Yep they are listed in the franchise. The one from WA is them! That being said I want yelm to post the rest of the info he got about the grappling. My big beef is the fact that they do just blatantly lie to make it seem like they should be allowed to teach grappling, even though no one there is qualified.

If they are cutting corners, in other places, offering things they shouldn't they need to be called out.

Jiu Jitsu - Sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Posted On:
    6/07/2011 6:28pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Unauthorized Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For historical purposes:

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31514

The follow-up to the above thread:

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31514

Another thread which, strangely, has a bunch of posts by me:

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...t=52199&page=1

In essence, as mentioned previously, it's a Martial Arts program in a box. Many schools who already have a martial arts curriculum, based on some threads, use more the business side of the program to help them run their business. Those interested in a martial arts curriculum to package and sell can utilize theirs.

It can be a great way for a school with instructors who just want to be instructors to let another organization deal with most of the heavy lifting involved in running a business. The down side, as has been my opinion, is the "curriculum-in-a-box" idea. They are a business and that leads abuse of the curriculum to fit the business need...which is money.

I'm curious about the 3 black belts to rank us thing. It all sounds iffy but Premier is also known for hiring outside talent for their BJJ and MMA programs to come up with a curriculum and teach it to the main Premier folks and affiliates. They may also have these guys (for BJJ) travel to affiliated schools and rank the students.

I would also imagine that you may find them hiring a wayward BJJ purple belt or above in the near future if/when they realize that BJJ takes quite a long time to obtain rank in.

I'm also curious about the whole instructor college thing. I'm guessing it's just mandatory seminars from the main organization that you have to attend before being certified as a PMA black belt who can teach their stuff. Of course, it probably sounds better to call it a college.

Looking through their website, they don't make any mention of "Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu". Just generic Jujitsu/Submission Grappling with a link to a Gracie Jiu-Jitsu technique of the month from Youtube. Take what you want from that...

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/07/2011 6:44pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Brazillian Jiu-jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    [Looking through their website, they don't make any mention of "Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu". Just generic Jujitsu/Submission Grappling with a link to a Gracie Jiu-Jitsu technique of the month from Youtube. Take what you want from that...[/QUOTE]

In the 2nd email in his replies to me he mentions specifically that it is BJJ/GJJ.

Jiu Jitsu - Sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Posted On:
    6/07/2011 6:53pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Unauthorized Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yelm View Post

Quote Originally Posted by datdamnmachine
    Looking through their website, they don't make any mention of "Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu". Just generic Jujitsu/Submission Grappling with a link to a Gracie Jiu-Jitsu technique of the month from Youtube. Take what you want from that...
    In the 2nd email in his replies to me he mentions specifically that it is BJJ/GJJ.
    Exactly. Could be a "our website is out of date", could be a "we totally teach the BJJ/GJJ", could be "we don't want to specifically say on our website that we teach BJJ/GJJ but if you ask us we will totally say we do".

Posted On:
    6/07/2011 7:06pm

Style: WHKD (Kaju), Sub. Grapple

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by datdamnmachine View Post

I'm curious about the 3 black belts to rank us thing. It all sounds iffy but Premier is also known for hiring outside talent for their BJJ and MMA programs to come up with a curriculum and teach it to the main Premier folks and affiliates. They may also have these guys (for BJJ) travel to affiliated schools and rank the students.
    Not sure if it is a Premier martial arts thing they are referring to or a Kajukenbo thing. In Kajukenbo, you get your black belt, you have to have 3 3rd+ degree black belts (in Kaju) sit on a testing board and sign off on it.

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/07/2011 7:55pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by yli View Post
    1.) The large organizations mentioned publicly list their locations, and this place doesn't show up on any of the school directory. The location described is not certified through any of the large organizations that maintain quality control for instructors. Secondly, the instructor might have learned some Krav Maga techniques through the Premier instructor training system, but this doesn't necessarily qualify him to teach a certain curriculum more widely recognized as Krav Maga.

2.) Sure, they have the right to use the name Krav Maga, as it's a generic term. Will they be taught a martial art commonly recognized as Krav Maga? Who knows?
    So why don't you actually conclude your point. A big organization does not automatically mean good quality anything. What this tells me is that they're not paying to franchise the damn name. You don't know the quality instruction hence your second comment. I really hate elitist fucks like you.
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123 456713 ... LastLast