Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    6/07/2011 1:05am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: wing chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wonder why they don't name the "several instructors colleges". You would think that those would be prominently posted.

Navita, I am lucky I guess, I have to wait a month for a MRI. I am 99% sure that I tore meniscus in my knee.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    6/07/2011 5:56am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ride57 View Post
    I wonder why they don't name the "several instructors colleges". You would think that those would be prominently posted.

Navita, I am lucky I guess, I have to wait a month for a MRI. I am 99% sure that I tore meniscus in my knee.
    well they have their own instructor college!!that should be enough right? if you look at what they sell, it's a black belt in Premeir Martial Arts. Not an actual living MA system

And my knee hurts through the pain medicine. It's pretty painful. 4 am my time and still only about an hour and a half of sleep

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/07/2011 12:56pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Brazillian Jiu-jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Now I have to wonder if his Kajukenbo, tai chi, & tricking (extreme martial arts) are legit. I am confident in his lil dragons program though.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    6/07/2011 1:40pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yelm View Post
    Now I have to wonder if his Kajukenbo, tai chi, & tricking (extreme martial arts) are legit. I am confident in his lil dragons program though.
    I actually saw part of the lil dragons... They make the kids recite a ton of stuff. They were 3-5 and just mumbling along to whatever the teacher said

Posted On:
    6/07/2011 1:53pm

Style: WHKD (Kaju), Sub. Grapple

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In regards to Kajukenbo, I can inquire more deeply (I'll look at my family tree at home), but his cites a legitimate instructor (Steve Larson). However, as a 5th degree, his title should be Sifu, not Sigung. That is a big no-no.

Posted On:
    6/07/2011 1:55pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Posted On:
    6/07/2011 1:59pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Navita View Post

No mention of what martial arts except for the kajukenbo thing. What is kajukenbo by the way? is it legitimate???
    Kajukenbo is very legitimate. It's a mix of KArate, JUdo, JUjitsu, KENpo, and BOxing invented in the late 40s in Hawaii. Tum Pai is the soft, more tai chi branch. With any large system though, quality is variable from school to school. Some field very competitive MMA fighters (Walter Godin was a Kajukenbo guy--he is John Hackleman's coach, as the is co-founder of BTT-Canada, Philip Gelinas). Other places teach crap.

Premier martial arts is more of a marketing system/branch/franchise people can buy into, and still teach their own arts. it is advertised in industry magazines.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/07/2011 2:47pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Brazillian Jiu-jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for that SifuJason.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    6/07/2011 3:25pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SifuJason View Post
    Kajukenbo is very legitimate. It's a mix of KArate, JUdo, JUjitsu, KENpo, and BOxing invented in the late 40s in Hawaii. Tum Pai is the soft, more tai chi branch. With any large system though, quality is variable from school to school. Some field very competitive MMA fighters (Walter Godin was a Kajukenbo guy--he is John Hackleman's coach, as the is co-founder of BTT-Canada, Philip Gelinas). Other places teach crap.

Premier martial arts is more of a marketing system/branch/franchise people can buy into, and still teach their own arts. it is advertised in industry magazines.
    So, what we've learned Premier Martial arts is a franchise= McDojo. SifuJason what magazine did you see it advertised in?

The Kajukenbo class is by invite only. And only if you are 'good enough' for them. You have to take extra classes to be put in the running for the class. I don't get not allowing people to take the one martial arts class you are certified and ranked in.

Posted On:
    6/07/2011 3:31pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I see premier Martial arts mostly in my MAIA magazine I get, which is Century Martial Arts big industry magazine. I am sure I could find it in Inside Kung Fu or Black Belt as well if I looked.
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast