Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3910111213 14 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/04/2011 2:58pm

Style: Kenpo/Hapkdo/FMA/Silat.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I heard of these Premier guys - they've been in a few MA mags over here in Ireland and across in the UK - they're all about the organisation and the money, they try to 'develop' your business with some flashy marketing, I wouldn't go near one of their crowd with a barge pole after what a mate of mine had to deal with - that applies to any style. They even offered to bump the mate up to 3rd dan so he could 'make other instructors' he was a 2nd dan in TKD at the time - he's since graded for his 3rd officially thru his own association, but it was all flash - they had quite a package - letterheads - forms all sorts of stuff for him to use and of course the 'full backing of the organisation' He wasn't even going to teach TKD but a Freestyle Karate system that he had devised - but no problem to them - they would have certified him off no probs. They're not the only one who does this though - I also have to query these guys and their vetting systems for verifying Instructor grades and their willingness to promote internally without any formal grading process. I do know of another guy with a different crowd called Cobra Martial Arts Assoc. which are a British version being bumped up to 2nd Dan merely for coming up with a kids program - he did do some good work on it but still, the idea that these associations are just handing out Ranks like that - disgusts me.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/05/2011 5:24pm

Style: Limalama

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you would have separated that into paragraps, people would have read it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/05/2011 6:45pm

Style: 'Grapplin'

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by donoraen View Post
    You're so right, them paragraps really draw the eye.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/05/2011 7:04pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by donoraen View Post

I think people did mate - as for my paraGRAPHs - I'll worry about that, not! You should park your nose in a dictionary. And I think you might have meant 'people MIGHT have read it' Muppet.

Posted On:
    7/05/2011 8:54pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by maelstromd5 View Post
    I think people did mate - as for my paraGRAPHs - I'll worry about that, not! You should park your nose in a dictionary. And I think you might have meant 'people MIGHT have read it' Muppet.
    ParagraPPPSSSS are standard forum etiquette.

I don't know whether people would be compelled to read your post if you had hit enter occasionally, or whether they may have been more likely to exercise the option, but I certainly didn't. :problem:
    I'm picturing you drooling onto the keyboard as you type, one eye rotating independent of the other as your hands mash the keys. - Sophist

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/06/2011 12:31am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kashima Shinryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Para..paragrap...

...para..grappling?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/11/2011 11:39pm

Style: SEKKJBA, MACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So I was at Freedom fest at JBLM(Fort Lewis Washington), and the Premier guys were at freedom fest with a booth. They had a guy dressed up in a po suit from Kung Fu Panda. I didn't want to approach them but Charlee (my 4 year old who's first movie seen in the theater was panda)instantly dragged me to Po. As i was waiting in line with my daughter i was approached and given the sales pitch..... then i remembered reading this thread, and immediately asked question on their validity to teach Krav Maga. I mentioned Bullshido and the guy rolled his eyes, and immediately back tracked and walked away.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/12/2011 5:58am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I' m all broken hearted.......

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/12/2011 9:30am

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bill_nye68 View Post
    So I was at Freedom fest at JBLM(Fort Lewis Washington), and the Premier guys were at freedom fest with a booth. They had a guy dressed up in a po suit from Kung Fu Panda. I didn't want to approach them but Charlee (my 4 year old who's first movie seen in the theater was panda)instantly dragged me to Po. As i was waiting in line with my daughter i was approached and given the sales pitch..... then i remembered reading this thread, and immediately asked question on their validity to teach Krav Maga. I mentioned Bullshido and the guy rolled his eyes, and immediately back tracked and walked away.
    Whoa, ultimate fail on their part.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/12/2011 10:27pm

Style: SEKKJBA, MACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    Whoa, ultimate fail on their part.
    I know it was my once in a lifetime spontaneous moment to shine and represent Bullshido and no one was around who could appreciate the awesomeness of it
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3910111213 14 LastLast