Page 1 of 14 1 234511 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Lightweight

Posted On:
    6/06/2011 2:18am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Let's be pretentious little princesses and bash a local business owner.

First off here is the website.

Now here is what brought this school and it's bullshido to my attention. My coach, a very relaxed and laid back guy came in after a tournament upset about this school how was claiming the taught gi and no gi submission grappling. The instructor of this class is named Joe. From what I have learned by visiting the school and asking questions is that he is a level 3 in military combatives (army to be specific). I had no idea this qualified him to teach a gi or no gi class. When I waited to see a class, there was only one kid in an actual BJJ gi, the rest were in their nice little short sleeve karate ish looking gis. Class never happened, the instructor never showed. I did talk to the owner, I asked about class he told me Joe's credentials. He then went to talk about how they are in talks with 3 black belts who want them as their team. He then told me about how they didn't want to be gracie for bjj so they are going with the other BJJ family. the Sas family. How the Sas family controlled the northern part of Brazil in BJJ. The owner had no idea that I train and that I was evaluating every thing he said. I love being unassuming.

Now on to the website because lord knows there's more bs to be found. The school is owned by Mark Casey he is the Sigung. His wife is the Sifu, and then their two kids also teach. Other than the people who teach their Premier Martial Art, or Tai chi, they dont have any other instructors listed yet they claim to teach a bevy of martial arts.

Offered at their school are.

L
    i'l Dragons Program
    This is a program that teaches the students the basic martial arts and self defense techniques including blocks, punches, kicks, and stances. It is a program that allows us to teach the student how to be martial artists, developing them to be a black belt from the inside out.

Basic Training Program
    This is a beginner level program designed to introduce Students to the wonderful world of Premier Martial Arts. Exploring Karate, Kickboxing, Self Protection, etc. This program introduces you to all you need to know to step on that road to Black Belt. Fun, Fitness, and Self-defense is all included in our Basic Training Program.

Black Belt Training Program
    This is a program that teaches our students not only the basics of martial arts, but all of the techniques that are necessary to one day become a black belt.
    ISRAELI KRAV MAGA

Krav Maga is a generic Hebrew word meaning “contact fighting.“ The word, maga, means “contact“ and the word, krav, means “battle“ or “fight“. In Krav Maga, there are no rules. Krav Maga is a self defense and fighting system, not a sport. All the techniques focus on strategies and effectiveness in real-life conditions and situations. The attacks and defenses in Krav Maga training are designed generally for close quarter, possibly life threatening situations. The goal of training is to neutralize attacks, counter attack for self protection purposes and escape rapidly and safely as possible. Though self protection is the main goal of Krav Maga, the techniques, conditioning and drills make Krav Maga the ideal training for self defense, fighting, or fitness.

KICKBOXING

Knowing that self protection and fighting are totally different situations, our Kickboxing curriculum teaches our students techniques used in all ranges of realistic stand up fighting while getting them in the best shape of their lives. Premier's kickboxing curriculum incorporates the punching techniques of western boxing with the kicking, kneeing, and elbow strikes of muay thai kickboxing. This combination makes for dynamic fitness training while training in the world's best striking system.

SUBMISSION GRAPPLING

Submission Grappling teaches our students how to defend themselves in the event that they are ”taken to the ground” in an altercation. Through learning throws, joint locks, and submission holds students will be better able to defend themselves while standing up in close range or in the event that they are on the ground.

KALI

In modern world self protection, the need for weapon defense and weapons training is a reality. Whether confronted with an attacker wielding a knife, stick or teaching our student how to properly defend themselves with these weapons, the art of Kali gives the Premier Martial Arts student the knowledge needed to survive.

Leadership Training Program
    Instructor training course that teaches the student the martial arts curriculum and teaching system to make them an official assistant instructors of Premier Martial Arts™. The student would also learn advanced competition martial arts curriculum that would make them eligible for the Premier Martial Arts™ demo team.

PMA Instructor Certification College
    Are you interested in an exciting career in the martial arts? Empowering people in your community through self-defense, personal development, and physical fitness? Would you like to make a potential six figure income while doing what you love for a living?

Premier Martial Arts career placement program gives opportunities for employment from our many nationwide locations. Our staff training program makes it easy for you to gain the knowledge needed to become a martial arts professionals. We are currently looking for highly motivated individuals that would like positions in the exciting and rewarding field of martial arts!

Premier Tai Chi

Tai Chi is a low impact martial art with very controlled breathing and movement. It is an excellent exercise program for those just starting out or with physical limitations. Come in and try a class for free!

Premier Kajukenbo

Kajukenbo was created between 1947 and 1949 at Palama Settlement on Oahu, Hawaii. It developed out a group calling themselves the "Black Belt Society", which consisted of black belts from various martial arts backgrounds who met to train and learn with each other. This was the beginning of an evolutionary, adaptive style designed to combine the most useful aspects of the arts. Kenpo emerged as the core around which this new art was built. Although uncreditted by name, other influences included American Boxing (Choo was Hawaiian Welterweight Champion) and Escrima (Emperado also studied Kali and Arnis Escrima).

In the late 1940's, Palama Settlement was a community center in a violent area of Oahu where fist-fights or stabbings were commonplace. From this environment, the founders of Kajukenbo wanted to develop an art that would be readily usefull on the street. As they trained and fought in and around Palamas Settlement, the founders of Kajukenbo quickly gained reputations as formidable street-fighters. In 1950, Adriano Emperado, along with brother Joe Emperado, began teaching the new art in an open class. They called the school Kajukenbo Self Defense Institute (K.S.D.I.).

The emphasis during training was on realism - so much so that students routinely broke bones, fainted from exhaustion, or were knocked unconcious. Nevertheless, the reputation of this tough new art drew more students and Emperado opened a second school at the nearby Kaimuki YMCA. Soon Emperado had 12 Kajukenbo schools in Hawaii, making it the second largest string of schools at the time. John Leoning, who earned a black belt from Emperado, brought Kajukenbo to the mainland in 1958. In 1959 Tony Ramos started the first school on the mainland. Since that time, Kajukenbo has continued to flourish and grow.

From it's beginnings, Kajukenbo was an ecclectic and adaptive art. As time has passed, Kajukenbo has continued to change and evolve. Currently, there are a few distinct, "recognized" branches of Kajukenbo: Kenpo ("Emperado Method" or "Traditional Hard Style"), Tum Pai, Chu'an Fa, Wun Hop Kuen Do, and Gaylord Method. In addition, there are numerous "unrecognized" branches, including CHA-3 and Kenkabo. While this may be confusing for an outsider, it is the essence of the art. Students are not required to mimic the teacher, but are encouraged to develop their own "expression" of the art.

W.A.V.E. Women Against Violent Encounters
    W.A.V.E. Is designed as a no nonsense self defense program just for women. As the founders of WAVE we will show you some simple ways to stay safe and defend your self. Women become empowered knowing they can defend themselves with easy commonsense techniques. Founded in 1997 WAVE has been taught around the country and to government officials. Great for busy ladies in any field. Realators, banking personel, nurses, any field that may have you being alone with others. This will give you the confidense to know you can protect yourself and loved ones. We know that the men in your life want you to be safe. These seminars are designed to be simple and effective. Participate at your comfort level. Seminars are available on request for groups of 20, or when scheduled at Premier Martial Arts. We can also bring this seminar to you!

Karate Birthday Parties
    Our Birthday parties are a Kick! This Birthday Party will be one of the most memorable and fun party your child will ever have!

Submission Grappling / Jujitsu

7-years-old & up. The sport of hand-to-hand struggle between two unarmed contestants who try to throw each other down; the act of engaging in close hand-to-hand combat (also known as submission fighting, sport grappling, or simply as No-Gi, or Combat wresting in Japan) which is a formula of competition & a general term describing the aspect of martial arts & combat sports that focuses on clinch & ground fighting with the aim of obtaining a submission using submission holds.

Demo Team
    All those in Black Belt Training or above are eligible to be invited into this class by the instructor.

Krav Maga

Adults-Only self-defense class. Krav Maga is a self-defense & fighting system, not a sport. All the techniques focus on strategies & effectiveness in real-life conditions & situations. The attacks & defenses in Krav Maga training are designed generally for close quarter, possibly life-threatening situations. The goal of training is to neutralize attacks, counter-attack for self-protection purposes & escape rapidly & safely as possible. Though self-protection is the main goal of Krav Maga, the techniques, conditioning, & drills make Krav Maga the ideal training for self-defense, fighting, or fitness.

Cage Fitness

Cage Fitness is a complete fitness system that is based on the structure of a championship MMA bout. The key elements that Cage Fitness focuses on are endurance, strength, power, & core. This is accomplished through our five-round fitness system. The rounds are broken up into the following categories: Warm Up, Upper Body, Lower Body, Combo Round, Cool Down/Core.

Tricking- Extreme Martial Arts
    Tricking incorporates a variety of moves from different arts such as flips from gymnastics, 540 kick from sports karate, butterfly twist from Wushu and double leg kicks from Capoeira. Tricking is recognizable by its flashy kicks, complex flips and twists, and its highly stylized movements which separate it from other arts. An individual who practises tricking is typically referred to as a "trickster" or "tricker".
    Sorry but what? you have your own martial art called Premier Martial art? I have no idea what Kajukenbo sum pai is, but it sounds a little out there, and you only let 'invited' people join? You also have a martial arts college? Is it accredited? If it is where are the accreditations?

Who teaches Kali, Krav Maga, and Grappling? The instructors and their accreditations aren't posted anywhere on the site...

I will post more fun as soon as I keep digging. I've heard some interesting stuff about pricing, lets see what I can dig up there.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/06/2011 7:55am

Style: Stabbing the Face.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As a note, Premier Martial Arts in Olympia is not permitted to teach Krav Maga under any of the major North American Krav Maga organizations.

Krav Maga Worlwide, Krav Maga Global, Krav Maga Alliance, Krav Maga Federation and the International Krav Maga Federation do not list Premier Martial Arts in Olympia WA as a location authorized to teach their systems.

The nearest location officially authorized to teach Krav Maga is 30 miles away. Mr. Casey is not even permitted to teach Commando Krav Maga.
    Last edited by yli; 6/06/2011 7:58am at .

Lightweight

Posted On:
    6/06/2011 1:32pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by yli View Post
    As a note, Premier Martial Arts in Olympia is not permitted to teach Krav Maga under any of the major North American Krav Maga organizations.

Krav Maga Worlwide, Krav Maga Global, Krav Maga Alliance, Krav Maga Federation and the International Krav Maga Federation do not list Premier Martial Arts in Olympia WA as a location authorized to teach their systems.

The nearest location officially authorized to teach Krav Maga is 30 miles away. Mr. Casey is not even permitted to teach Commando Krav Maga.

Fantastic! so the Krav Maga is BS.
    The grappling is BS. Sorry but being a purple belt I dont think level 3 army combativies qualifies you to teach Gi class.

Here is what is put for each of the instructors on the instructor page.

Mark Casey (SiGung / Owner)
    SiGung Casey started training at the age of 14 in 1984 under Grand Master Bob Heuer and completed his training in Kajukenbo Tum Pai under Professor Steve Larson. He holds a 5th degree in Kajukenbo as well as an instructors' degree in Premier Martial Arts. SiGung Casey is the school's head instructor. He believes in the benefits of martial arts training not only for physical skills but also life skills. He requires background checks of all instructors (the only school in the area to do so). Sifu Elizabeth is his wife of over 20 years. His children train and help teach in the school, making it truly a family school.

"I love to empower lives and change them for the better!"
    - Mark Casey

Elizabeth Casey (Sifu / Owner)
    Sifu Elizabeth has over 12 year's training and holds a 3rd degree Black Belt in Kajukenbo as well as an instructors' degree in Premier Martial Arts. Sifu Elizabeth is a very detailed instructor. She also ensures that students and parents/family are taken care of; she's our information base. Her deep passion for the martial arts and for improving the lives of students is very apparent in the way she teaches and the personal attention she gives to everyone.

"Teaching Martial Arts to the entire family."
    - Elizabeth Casey

Blake Casey (Instructor)
    Mr. Blake Casey has attended several Instructors colleges and has earned a certified instructors certificate in Premier Martial Arts and is an Advanced student of Kajukenbo. Mr. Casey has over 12 years of Martial Arts Training and is nationally recognized as one the best forms and sparring competitors winning several Grand Champion events and national Tournaments. He also heads up the PMA Demo Team! He is a great role model for up and coming Martial Artists.

Rachael Casey (Instructor)
    Rachael Casey is a Premier Martial Arts Black Belt and has over 11 years training. She has attended numerous instructors' colleges through United Professionals/Black Belt Schools International, as well as the Premier Martial Arts colleges around the country. Rachael Casey's excitement for training and life in general makes her a great Li'l Dragons instructor(4-6 year olds). The children and parents adore her! She has won several national tournaments in Traditional forms as well as sparring in both Boys and girls divisions. She is a lead member of the PMA Demo Team.

Mel Crist (Instructor- Tai Chi)
    Mr. Crist received his black belt in Kajukenbo Tum Pai and holds a black belt in Premier Martial Arts. Mr. Crist's compassion for others comes through in his teaching. He is also the Tai Chi instructor for the school. He trains privately with Sifu Casey in Tai Chi which he loves to pass on. Mr. Crist is a great example of what our training can do for an individual - he has overcome many physical obstacles, unnoticeable now, in his life to achieve his black belts. He now loves to share the arts that have given him so much success in his life.

Aaron Miller (Instructor)
    Mr.Miller has attended several Instructors colleges and has earned a certified instructors certificate in Premier Martial Arts and is an Advanced student of Kajukenbo. Mr. Miller has a great way on instilling knowledge to the students of Premier Martial Arts. You can just tell he cares about the students.

Tasha French (Instructor)
    Miss French has attended several Instructors colleges and has earned a certified instructors certificate in Premier Martial Arts and is an Advanced student of Kajukenbo. Miss French uses her years of experience with younger children in her teaching style. The students can tell she is interested in their well being.

Brian McDougall (Instructor)
    Mr. McDougall has attended several Instructors colleges and has earned a certified instructors certificate in Premier Martial Arts and is an Advanced student of Kajukenbo. Mr. McDougall has a passion for passing on the Arts he loves and it shows with his patients and caring way of instruction.

No mention of what martial arts except for the kajukenbo thing. What is kajukenbo by the way? is it legitimate???

oh! look on the ranks page it says Bujinkan ninjutsu, do they teach that now too?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/06/2011 2:13pm

Style: Stabbing the Face.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    They conveniently forget to mention their Krav Maga ranks. The fact that none of them are even Phase A/Graduate 1 is really, really fishy, even one wasn't inclined to search official organizational directories. There are some very good Krav Maga instructors outside of the official organizations (such as Itay Gil for example), but those are the exception, not the rule.
    Last edited by yli; 6/06/2011 2:24pm at .

Lightweight

Posted On:
    6/06/2011 2:37pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    on the grappling end the owner stated the grappling coch would easily be ranked highly when he gets tested by the three different black belts in bjj. i had no idea you have to have 3 black belts at your belt test. i've only ever had one black belt at my belt tests.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/06/2011 11:19pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Brazillian Jiu-jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My emails to him and his repsonses- read from the bottom up.

To: ?????????
    Sent: Tuesday, May 31, 2011 11:52:26 PM
    Subject: Re: BJJ classes

Coach Joe Miller teaches the class, It's BJJ gi and No gi, it's the what is done at the BJJ tournaments. We have a couple BJJ black Belts that are traveling in for testing and promoting. Joe is a level 3 combatives instructor from the army, which is gracie Jui Jitsu.
    Thanks

Premier Martial Arts
    Mark and Elizabeth Casey
    360-956-0888

www.pmaolympia.com

www.premierforlife.tsfl.com

www.oursandals.com

http://www.outskirtspress.com/AnAfricanPrincess

-----Original Message-----
    To: mcasey9033@aol.com
    Sent: Tue, May 31, 2011 7:25 pm

Thanks for the quick response. I was hoping you could tell me a little about the grappling class, like what style of grappling it is, who teaches it....that sort of thing. I guess my main question would be is this just a karate version of grappling where the emphasis is on avoiding the ground or is this an actual BJJ class? I hope this doesn't come across as disrespectful as that is not my intent, I just want to learn real Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. Thanks again for your time.

----- Original Message -----
    To: ?????????
    Sent: Tuesday, May 31, 2011 4:21:12 PM

Bobby,
    Thanks For the inquirey, We have different rates for different programs. Please call to set up a time to come in and see what we have to offer. We have a couple different grappling classes for you.
    Thanks. Si Gung Mark

Premier Martial Arts
    Mark and Elizabeth Casey
    360-956-0888

www.pmaolympia.com

www.premierforlife.tsfl.com

www.oursandals.com

http://www.outskirtspress.com/AnAfricanPrincess

-----Original Message-----
    To: mcasey9033@aol.com
    Sent: Tue, May 31, 2011 10:16 am
    Subject: BJJ classes

I was looking at your website and noticed you have submission grappling/jiujitsu classes listed. I am very interested in learning Brazillian Jiu-Jitsu, can you tell me about this class please? Do you have different rates if I only want to do the grappling classes?

Thanks for your time,

Bobby

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/06/2011 11:22pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have a couple more after I told him his grappling program was a money making scam at best and most likely fraud. His responses were awesome.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    6/06/2011 11:45pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey Bobby! Thanks for putting these up! It should definitely help prove he is not legitimate

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/06/2011 11:49pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No problem, how is the leg?

Lightweight

Posted On:
    6/07/2011 12:41am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    .... It's not broken but they refuse to MRI it. I can't straighten it so they can't put the immobilizer on. So crutches.. Yay..

No visits to premier martial arts to get more info
Page 1 of 14 1 234511 ... LastLast