My dog is cuter and smarter than yours.

Posted On:
    6/25/2011 10:35am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kodokan Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Evergrey View Post
    *droooools* oh man, I love lamb way more than beef, goat is great in a curry or stew, or roasted if it's a nanny goat, and VENISON... I make this stew with honey and mead or port wine, sweet onion, mushrooms, young red potatoes, rosemary and thyme and a lot of black pepper, a bit of cinnamon and whole cloves of garlic...
    We just bought 4 more 4 month old kids last night for $30 each. They are now clearing our field of brush and weeds and getting fatter for this fall.

That stew sound incredible, although I'd have to make the mead (I've done it before) myself. I think Mirin would be a good substitute for the mead.

I made some spaghetti sauce out of ground venison (deer) sirloin scraps night before last. I'm having it for lunch today.

We just need a couple of more lambs now.

My wife hinted I should try harder to shoot an elk this fall.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

My dog is cuter and smarter than yours.

Posted On:
    6/25/2011 10:46am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kodokan Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChenPengFi View Post
    That sounds delicious.
    Pig?
    I keep meaning to raise a couple of pigs (they don't do well alone). My wife and I can't agree on where to put the pig pen, though.

No wild pigs in north Idaho, which is probably a good thing considering what a nuisance they are in my home state of Texas. Delicious but a problem all the same.

Ben
    Falling for Judo since 1980

Posted On:
    6/25/2011 10:56am

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We have the mixed breed feral ones that are a huge nuisance as well.

These are a little fattier than the straight boars and some say they even taste better.
    I've seen them well over 300 lbs, it's no joke coming up on one of those giant sows in the middle of the woods not knowing where the piglets are.

Goats, pigs and mufflon sheep are all pests here.
    Of course that means you can eat as many as you want!
    A friend brines goat meat in Sprite and feeds it to unsuspecting guests all the time.
    They all rave that it's the best "steak" they've ever tried, lol...

Posted On:
    6/29/2011 8:44pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would like to point out, by the way, that the BJJ guy on the front page of this site is exactly what I am talking about. To me, anyway, he doesn't seem cocky. He seems self-assured, confident, but there is almost a friendliness to him. Of course, bears look friendly too. He basically does not look like a dick.
    "We often joke -- and we really wish it were a joke -- that you will only encounter two basic problems with your 'self-defense' training.
    1) That it doesn't work
    2) That it does work"
    -Animal MacYoung

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/29/2011 8:49pm

Style: Stabbing the Face.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChenPengFi View Post
    A friend brines goat meat in Sprite and feeds it to unsuspecting guests all the time.They all rave that it's the best "steak" they've ever tried, lol...
    Carbonated drinks make the best brines/marinades for some reason. I love Dr. Pepper glazed beef short ribs for example. I can't explain why they go so well with meat except to say that they just flow really nicely. Another good combination is coca-cola and ham.

As for mead, there really isn't a good substitute unless you can get your hands on some of this: http://www.wine-searcher.com/find/wi...cky+aperitif/0

and cut it with some water so it's not as sickly sweet.

Posted On:
    6/29/2011 8:51pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think the acidity and sugar content have something to do with it. I use coca-cola on my recipe for barbecued oysters.
    "We often joke -- and we really wish it were a joke -- that you will only encounter two basic problems with your 'self-defense' training.
    1) That it doesn't work
    2) That it does work"
    -Animal MacYoung

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/30/2011 12:19am

Style: Taekkyon Kudo MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For the same reasons my mother uses pineapple and kiwi juice to marinate meat :)

She explained it's the acid, sugar, and ceartain enzymes that soften up the meat and give it flavour.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/01/2011 11:41am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    well what the ****. In the end both judo and bjj are grappling arts, focusing on different parts of grappling. In a utopian world there would only be martial arts as a concept. We could be spared this really tiresome debate of what style is best... People have throughout history strangled and punched each other all over the world. It is silly to claim that a certain form fighting in a certain geographical area would be totally alien to an other. Just different names for the same thing. Cheer up =)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/01/2011 7:16pm

Style: Getting less fat

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by urdlunga View Post
    well what the ****. In the end both judo and bjj are grappling arts, focusing on different parts of grappling. In a utopian world there would only be martial arts as a concept. We could be spared this really tiresome debate of what style is best... People have throughout history strangled and punched each other all over the world. It is silly to claim that a certain form fighting in a certain geographical area would be totally alien to an other. Just different names for the same thing. Cheer up =)
    I thought this thread was about cooking wild animals...

Anybody got any recipes for wild turkey? We got a ton of them around here.

Posted On:
    7/01/2011 7:47pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bombom View Post
    Anybody got any recipes for wild turkey? We got a ton of them around here.
    I love wild turkey.
    Smoke 'em and make wild rice, pistachio and mushroom stuffing.
    I render some of the fat and maybe a little butter/evoo with the giblets and some spices as a base for the stuffing.
    Generously coat the raw rice and mushrooms with that mixture and almost brown 'em, in the same pan.
    Bring that to a high simmer with some stock and water.
    After the rice is almost cooked add the nuts. Cover and let finish, salt and pepper to taste.

Serve with some asparagus and maybe some squash or whatever seasonal veggies you have.