Page 4 of 47 FirstFirst 1234 567814 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/04/2011 10:23pm

Style: BJJ and Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yea thats why I only commented on my experience from the clubs I belong to. Wearing his blue belt to class is a little lame, but hey at least the guy wants to train Judo instead of adopting the "BJJ is undefeatable and a complete style" mentality. Did anyone offer him a loner belt? If not then its not entirely his fault, you have to keep your kimono together somehow.Now if he was offere a loner belt and refused then its a different story. Definitely agree with you about the fact that Blue belts range from mediocre to amazing, but that also has to do with the fact that blue belts stay blue belts for about three years. I see how it irked you, but maybe its a little prejudice on your part. Jits is very popular right now, and is definitely a band wagon sport. But try to keep in mind that most people that train jits to be apart of the cool club usually drop out before blue belt. Blue belt is a pretty big step in Jits and at the the very least shows he has a lot of dedication and at least some skill.

Posted On:
    6/04/2011 10:37pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    1. It isn't our job to teach someone basic politeness. It is consider a challenge to walk into a dojo and do that. You don't offer someone a "loaner" who hasn't asked for it.

2. There is no prejudice on my part. I did BJJ. I love BJJ. He was a half-educated douche.

3. I do not consider a blue belt a "pretty big step" in "jits". I consider the beginning of not being a beginner. But that is just my opinion. I consider being a blue belt for several years a big step.
    "We often joke -- and we really wish it were a joke -- that you will only encounter two basic problems with your 'self-defense' training.
    1) That it doesn't work
    2) That it does work"
    -Animal MacYoung

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/04/2011 10:38pm

Style: bjj (blue) Judo (green)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here are my dimestore observations as a shitty BJJ blue and even shitter Judo green:

Judo players do not have the world's best guards. I have a much easier time passing guard in my judo training, while it's a real pain in the ass in BJJ. I have found that Judo players have CRUSHING top games and have the ability to hold me down better than in BJJ training. BJJ player's desire to submit an opponent often provides the opportunity to escape from inferior positions. From a self defense perspective, I'd give both disciplines equal effectiveness.

From a standing perspective, Judo is a men among boys. I feel like a helpless child against higher ranks with a considerable size disadvantage. I love and respect BJJ, but Judo is a much more balanced art that's perfect for self defense.

Anyone with the audacity to wear a BJJ blue belt to a Judo class is a tool in my book.

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/04/2011 11:20pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Have you guys ever heard my rants about BJJ Blues? Biggest concentration of douchbags I've ever encountered.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/04/2011 11:31pm

Style: Boxing and No Gi BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    Have you guys ever heard my rants about BJJ Blues? Biggest concentration of douchbags I've ever encountered.
    No I haven't...care to elaborate?

I know a bjj guy who is a purple belt (I think?) who crosstrains at our dojo. Real friendly guy and is a brown in judo (never ever wears his bjj belt in our classes). So I guess the amount of ego one has is dependant on the person alone.

Posted On:
    6/04/2011 11:33pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yeah but we want to hear more. The douchebaggery has not been mined completely for our entertainment.
    "We often joke -- and we really wish it were a joke -- that you will only encounter two basic problems with your 'self-defense' training.
    1) That it doesn't work
    2) That it does work"
    -Animal MacYoung

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/04/2011 11:47pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Now, I said blue belts. Those who tend to go further tend to have the right attitude. I may share some anecdotes later. Not tonight-drinking martinis and watching UFC right now.

On that note: Chris Cope=MMA Ric Flair.

LVL 99 Photomancer

Posted On:
    6/04/2011 11:49pm

supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by crappler View Post
    yeah but we want to hear more. The douchebaggery has not been mined completely for our entertainment.
    Not sufficiently mined indeed.

I still don't have a single response to my last post, and considering what I posted, quite frankly I'm stunned that there hasn't been any comment ^_^.

With regard to the high concentration of douchebaggery in BJJ blues, the BJJ blue belts that I know personally are free of douchebaggery, and faggotry in general. None of them would ever wear their BJJ belt to Judo. They all wear their Judo Belts at Judo...

Fasten your seat belts, and prepare for lift off

Posted On:
    6/05/2011 12:25am

supporting member
     Style: Combat Cuddling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Blue and White belts are mostly fucking retarded. I would know I was one of those retarded blue belts, I had to get it crushed out of me.

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    6/05/2011 12:34am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by judoka_uk View Post
    What's a kickstand armbar?

From kesa gatame you trap the wrist with your top leg and stretch it out, putting pressure on the elbow with your bottom leg. I've seen a couple of judo guys do it, I learned it in BJJ but we don't use Kesa much, so we don't use it very often.
Page 4 of 47 FirstFirst 1234 567814 ... LastLast