Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    6/04/2011 2:52pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The judo place I trained in Japan had a medical office nearby where we went to get our ears drained. They never go completely back to the way they were before. Draining, properly done and followed up on, just mitigates matters with a view to averting the most extreme changes for those who don't want them.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/04/2011 3:03pm

Style: Limalama

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If I wasn't looking for it and didn't have the two pictures side by side I wouldn't have noticed anything was wrong with your ear.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    6/04/2011 3:49pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lots of draining and compression

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/04/2011 4:33pm

Style: BJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Your ear's fine. The rest I can see is fine too while I'm at it.

*runs away*

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/04/2011 4:56pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Your ear looks fine. Unless you have serious cauliflower ear nobody without an ear fetish is going to notice, and I've never heard of an ear fetish (although it's probably out there).

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/04/2011 8:13pm

Style: Shotokan & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Barely perceptible, you should be fine.

After training BJJ for over 6 years, I got my first bout with cauliflower ear. I was partnered up with a 14 year baby huey for class and we were doing armbar from high side control. He put his hand on the side of my head to base. He folded my ear over in the process and put all his weight on it. I've been kneed in the ear, kicked in the ear, etc. on numerous occassions with no problem.

I drained it (actually using what I learned from the Phillpe Nover video Navita posted) and it looks alright. It's flat rather than rounded on part of the back of the ear now, but that's about all the deformity. I bought headgear to wear when my ears get sore, but I only wore it once. Thing was damn uncomfortable.

Posted On:
    6/04/2011 9:37pm

Style: Limalama, Judo & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You look fine. Ear is not noticable at all. Keep up the good work.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    6/04/2011 10:01pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sweats View Post
    Barely perceptible, you should be fine.

After training BJJ for over 6 years, I got my first bout with cauliflower ear. I was partnered up with a 14 year baby huey for class and we were doing armbar from high side control. He put his hand on the side of my head to base. He folded my ear over in the process and put all his weight on it. I've been kneed in the ear, kicked in the ear, etc. on numerous occassions with no problem.

I drained it (actually using what I learned from the Phillpe Nover video Navita posted) and it looks alright. It's flat rather than rounded on part of the back of the ear now, but that's about all the deformity. I bought headgear to wear when my ears get sore, but I only wore it once. Thing was damn uncomfortable.
    That video gave me the idea for my little compression clip.. That video is a lifesaver.

Thank you guys for the ego boost. Seriously it's been making me nervous. Before I got it drained someone at work commented on it.

I can't wait for my headgear.. I think I may draw on it for fun... Yes I'm a girl and I don't care lol

See my tongue. SEE IT!

Posted On:
    6/07/2011 2:31pm

Business Class Supporting Member
      Style: BJJ, MT, TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Navita View Post
    ok i've tried for like an hour to get the picasa pictures to embed in here and I am now giving up, If you would like to see my ear, follow the link here on my blog
    http://navitabjj.blogspot.com/2011/0...lower-ear.html.
    there are pics of how much blood was pulled, me doing the compression on my ear and the aftermath of it all..

but thank you i've been super self conscious about my ear, outside of my mild obsession i'm pretty girly.
    Your ear doesn't have anything noticeably "different" with it. Trust me. I am an EXPERT in looking at and passing judgment on ears:

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=98072

PS: Even if it ballooned up huge and became noticeable, it wouldn't stop you from training (obsessive tendencies of people who make it to purple belt are universal :-). You'd adapt (headgear) and continue. If you're worried now (NOTHING wrong with that!), find some snug low-profile headgear, throw it on, and keep choking the hell out of people. :-D

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    6/07/2011 2:37pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wouldn't have noticed it in the picture if it wasn't pointed out. The dings and scratches always seem the worst to the person that has them, because you're used to living in your own skin and having everything a certain way. Last summer I got a facial scar that can only really be seen in the right light, but to me its super obvious when I see it in a mirror.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast