Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    6/03/2011 6:41pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Karate instructor sentenced to 26 years

Hey, I'm not a reader of this um site (not that there's anything wrong with that), but saw this in a google alert:
    http://lgbtweekly.com/2011/06/02/kar...to-26-years-3/

"A judge on May 26 sentenced a karate instructor to 26 years in state prison for repeatedly having sex with a teenage male student."

Damn.

LVL 99 Photomancer

Posted On:
    6/04/2011 5:01am

supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Indeed.

We don't want Martial Arts instructorship to become the next media 'priesthood'.

ie: once upon a time, members of the clergy were respected paragons of morality. Today, not so much.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/05/2011 3:27am

Style: BJJ and Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thats fuckin disgusting. People like this should be castrated. I like how his lawyer says really PC things like "he looks older than his age" and "he was in love." Those have to be carreer ending statements. Theres got to be a line between getting paid to provide a service (x amount of dollars in order to provide legal representation and attempt to lessen a sentence for a crime that you admitted to) and trying to publicly generate sympathy for at best a chicken hawk and at worste a disgusting fuckin Child molester. I wonder how the lawyer wouldve felt if Mr.Protas "fell in love" with his 'mature and older looking' 13-14 year old son.

POWERRR!

Posted On:
    6/05/2011 3:54am

Join us... or die
     Style: Boxing.MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CheeksWWAC View Post
    Thats fuckin disgusting. People like this should be castrated. I like how his lawyer says really PC things like "he looks older than his age" and "he was in love." Those have to be carreer ending statements. Theres got to be a line between getting paid to provide a service (x amount of dollars in order to provide legal representation and attempt to lessen a sentence for a crime that you admitted to) and trying to publicly generate sympathy for at best a chicken hawk and at worste a disgusting fuckin Child molester. I wonder how the lawyer wouldve felt if Mr.Protas "fell in love" with his 'mature and older looking' 13-14 year old son.
    You're clearly not suited to the legal profession.. go play your xbox kiddie.
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". - Cus D'Amato
    Spoiler:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/05/2011 5:15am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Whats with the hostility? Do you have soft spot for lawyers, or for child molesters?

Here to kick your ass.

Posted On:
    6/05/2011 6:07am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Or he might just understand how the legal system works and know that not every case involving children is cut and dried.

Chaos? Panic?... Disorder??
    .........................​My work here is done.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/05/2011 7:45am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A 38 year old man confessed to having sex with a 13 year old boy, whats not cut and dry? His lawyer made comments following the conviction that were misleading and offensive and undermine the suffering of the victim.

Arena, who added the boy “looked and acted older than his student age.”
    So he was mature for 13. This statement's intent is to draw attention away from the boys actual age and make him seem older,either to imply his maturity allowed him to give consent
    or to blur the lines between consentual statiatory rape and molestation by characterizing Protas by way of 2nd hand description of not looking like a child, therefor he was not victimized because he was a child.

watched this young boy grow into a young man and quite frankly, fell in love with him
    young boy grow into a young man. Once again implying that he is not a child anymore thus capable of making his own decisions. And then threw in a quick love story in order to add a much more benign explanation of his perversion as opposed to Protas just liking to touch little boys.Hes not a monster, hes a romantic.

I never proffessed to understand how the subtle intricacies of law work, or whether or not the trial was fair. I criticized a specific lawyer for making post trial comments about the character of a victim of sexual molestation publicly when the victim, due to his age , does not have a public voice in the press to substantiate or refute MrArena's claims and assumations. I dont think I need to pass a bar exam to have an emotional response to stories of child molestation or to comments made by the convicted sex offender's lawyer that make an attempt at softening the edges of his crime and humanize the criminal.

And BTW I dont have an XBOX, im not exactly a kiddie at 26, and since you are "training Law" I can only assume youre not too much older than me unless you had a late start in college.

United States Marine.

Posted On:
    6/05/2011 8:10am

Join us... or die
     Style: MCMAP, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    they mad bro?

yeah, they mad.

PROOF that I'm not a completely useless poster:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...0&postcount=58

Quote Originally Posted by Cy Q. Faunce
    3moose1 is correct. Sig THAT, you fucker.

Quote Originally Posted by sochin101 View Post
    I went out with a delightful young woman who was on a regimen of pills that made her taste of burned onions.
    That is not conducive to passionate cunnilingus, my friend, let me assure you.
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyOldGuy View Post
    I agree with moosey

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/09/2011 9:54am

Style: Limalama

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CheeksWWAC View Post
    ...I never proffessed to understand how the subtle intricacies of law work, or whether or not the trial was fair. I criticized a specific lawyer...
    Criticizing a specific lawyer for doing his job that you don't understand is pretty stupid. And you being 26 just makes this even sadder.

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/09/2011 10:07am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by syberia View Post
    Hey, frank, welcome to BS. When posting articles and such you need to make sure you post at least most of the article, in case the link goes dead. You should also include a small remark on the article (more than 'Damn', yes.)

Nope, there has been a change. Post a link, a small copied paragraph, and a comment.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast