Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/13/2011 10:50pm

Style: Shotokan, BJJ, Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    no shame in losing man, especially the first one. One of my coaches (not the main coach, but one of his assistant coachs) had his first fight this past weekend. He trained 6x a week, doing everything in his power to get ready. He was in perfect shape, could keep up with anyone and everyone in our gym in sparring despite being almost 55 pounds lighter than the main fighter we have, and probably 80 pounds lighter than our main coach, has AMAZING jiu jitsu especially for his belt level, and kicks like he's easily 40 pounds heavier than he actually is. Know what happened during his fight?

Ref starts it, he comes out, kid he's fighting hits him right in the jaw, he goes down, gets back up, kid hits him again, he spins to go to guard, kid doesn't follow him down. He gets back up, hits the kid a few times, eats a HARD kick to the gut, goes down again, gets punched in face repeatedly, ref breaks it up, he never quit fighting but point is he definitely lost.

You can be as prepared as you want and as skilled as possible, **** still goes down that can make you lose. I know you're upset that you lost, but as was said in this thread and as we all say in my gym "the first fight gets your feet wet so you can go swimming the next time". Just keep training, and take another fight when you feel ready :)

Registered Member

Manhattan Beach, California, United States

Posted On:
    6/14/2011 3:52am

Style: Muay Thai, Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks everyone. I plan to watch the vid with Kru Dan and Ajarn. I will get back to training as soon as the ribs stop hurting. Should be next Monday. Hope they are not cracked (Don't think so), a few years ago at a BS throwdown in San Diego, Klyde cracked my ribs, was out for 2 months.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    6/14/2011 4:51am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by dwkfym View Post
    PEople who do really well from the get-go are usually guys who hit really hard, and combination of flailing and power helps them win. Sometimes those guys are also very well trained but thats a whole another story.

Now, enough consolations, I knwo how you feel but lets get to training right away!
    my trick is to do this but with knees, its how ive remained unbeaten. that and i only pick fights with tiny people.

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    6/14/2011 9:03am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Shinbushi how much do you weigh? I found that being lighter really helped because everyone I ever trained with hit harder than the people I had to fight. I was always giving up a LOT fo weight in sparring.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    6/14/2011 11:28am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by shinbushi View Post
    Hope they are not cracked (Don't think so), a few years ago at a BS throwdown in San Diego, Klyde cracked my ribs, was out for 2 months.
    That guy had some wicked rib kicks.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/14/2011 3:22pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShark View Post
    Shinbushi how much do you weigh? I found that being lighter really helped because everyone I ever trained with hit harder than the people I had to fight. I was always giving up a LOT fo weight in sparring.
    i was supposed to fight at 195, thank God for me that that opponent was injured in sparring. He was 6'7" with 1/2 dozen smokers under his belt. Talked with Ajarn Nelson last night he wants me down to 160 as I am 5'10". Jan. I was 220. Started cutting for the fight at 210. I guess my walking around weight should be 175-180. Even after carbing back up after the fight i am at 195.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/14/2011 3:26pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    That guy had some wicked rib kicks.
    Yes he did. I also figured out that he did not really spar you. He was doing an alive self-defense drill and you were always the attacker. He never gave you anything to work with.

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    6/14/2011 3:27pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That your problem right there. Get skinny son! Little people don't hit so hard. lol

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    6/14/2011 5:16pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by shinbushi View Post
    i was supposed to fight at 195, thank God for me that that opponent was injured in sparring. He was 6'7" with 1/2 dozen smokers under his belt. Talked with Ajarn Nelson last night he wants me down to 160 as I am 5'10". Jan. I was 220. Started cutting for the fight at 210. I guess my walking around weight should be 175-180. Even after carbing back up after the fight i am at 195.
    you are the same height as me and i fight at about 50 pounds less than you do. you are WAY the **** too heavy for your height when it comes to kickboxing man.

Yours truly

Posted On:
    6/14/2011 10:43pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     PDS Rifles Style: Univ. Florida Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My pain: 5'9" on a good day and fight at 165. Thats the limit of my cutting. Felt most comfortable with 175 at pankration. I've thought about 155, but I felt piss weak at 165. Hooray for superbly thick bones, huge head, very stocky build. At least I kick really hard. I live vicariously through my fighter, who is perfect build for kickboxing. long arms long legs, very strong, 6'4", 185lbs (I think he can do 180), and not twiggy at all at that height. Punches like a train.
    www.pdsrifles.com Add us on facebook!
    Parts and Accessories
    Law Enforcement Firearms
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123