Sponsored Links Spacer Image

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    6/13/2011 1:28am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    6x a week for 2 months is about right. too much and you burn out before the fight. any chance of vid?

Registered Member

Manhattan Beach, California, United States

Posted On:
    6/13/2011 1:38am

Style: Muay Thai, Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ah no... I don't mind loosing but, as I said I lost badly.

I have not even watched the video. I might after my ego heals, to see if I followed any of my game plan, and just where it went wrong. By my recollection, There were moments where I was actually using my footwork an got my distance. Just not very many.
    Last edited by shinbushi; 6/13/2011 1:43am at . Reason: added to post and spelling

Yours truly

Posted On:
    6/13/2011 2:50am

Business Class Supporting Member
     PDS Rifles Style: Univ. Florida Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Its okay, it sounds like it may have just been improper method of preparation or first time jitters. I have a bunch of matches but once fight I took a long break and the jitters came back, lost. Ring pressure is on an entire different level from sparring pressure, and I'd say for first few fights 60-70% of it comes from the environment depending on your personality, but 30% comes from the intensity you are not used to and that can really make the difference.

It helps you get over it if you watch the video sooner, at least it did for me.
    www.pdsrifles.com Add us on facebook!
    Parts and Accessories
    Law Enforcement Firearms

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/13/2011 12:05pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    dwkfym, thanks

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/13/2011 12:06pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by shinbushi View Post
    I lost. Not happy with my performance. This venue may have been a little to hard considering i train only 2-3 times a week. past 2 months it has been six days a week but obviously not enough. There is a owner of another gym I am friends with that does smaller smokers.; So i might try that again in a a few months. 3-6 months at least.
    For the record I wasn't happy with my first 3 fights and I was the winner.

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    6/13/2011 1:22pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Did you get KTFO? If not you "won" your first fight IMO.

Posted On:
    6/13/2011 1:23pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Bits and pieces

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    First of all, well done for getting in there and having a go, second, how did you lose? Ko or Decision?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/13/2011 6:07pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ref stoppage round 2. I was trying to keep my guard up or clinch but I seriously did not know were my left hand went. I probably would have went on until I was ko'd or the end. My right side is fine today. but my left ribs are hurt (Hopefully not cracked, as I don't want to be out for 2 months). As I just started judo (other post). I did not realize the level of this event. I need to have either Kru Dan or Ajarn help me network with the other Muay Thai gyms to do some gym vs gym to get our school's competitive level up. Even thought it was my opponent's first fight like mine I believe he had done some smaller smokers (CA boxing commission outlawing smokers not withstanding).

Posted On:
    6/13/2011 8:40pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As my coach says, the only purpose of your first fight is to get your first fight out of the way. You really just can't be prepared for what it's like to actually be in the ring until you're there, and by then you're out of your mind with adrenaline. Seriously, I think I remember more from the few times I've been blackout drunk than I do from my fight. It's crazy.

But yeah, eventually you're going to have to watch that video and see what went wrong. Expect a lot of "when did THAT happen?" and "I don't remember that...". It sucks to watch yourself lose, but it'll help for next time.

And definitely get in on those smokers. It's not exactly a fight, but it's the closest you're going to get, and anything you can do to get rid of the jitters will help. The thing I've read most around here and heard from the fighters at my gym is that your first three or four fights are basically just teaching you how to be in the ring, and after that you can actually start thinking about the rest of it.

Yours truly

Posted On:
    6/13/2011 9:28pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     PDS Rifles Style: Univ. Florida Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    PEople who do really well from the get-go are usually guys who hit really hard, and combination of flailing and power helps them win. Sometimes those guys are also very well trained but thats a whole another story.

Now, enough consolations, I knwo how you feel but lets get to training right away!
    www.pdsrifles.com Add us on facebook!
    Parts and Accessories
    Law Enforcement Firearms
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast