Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/23/2011 11:53am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't think Tom is "siding" with me at all. I think he made a good point and I referenced that. I don't need to have people on my side to feel fairly justified in saying that I think something's a lot of bollocks. Nothing wrong with competing in Sanda or even in a Muay Thai show as the talent pool in thai boxing is far far higher than what you'll find in the average sanda tournament, they don't make you wear the same degree of protective equipment and they don't care what sport you do as long as you abide by the rules of the fight.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/23/2011 11:53am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not at all. I know who you are lol. And I know your 9 is totally justified.

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/23/2011 11:54am

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Betty View Post
    Not at all. I know who you are lol. And I know your 9 is totally justified.
    Thank you, in the future would please qualify a bit better?

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/23/2011 11:58am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't think Tom is "siding" with me at all. I think he made a good point and I referenced that. I don't need to have people on my side to feel fairly justified in saying that I think something's a lot of bollocks. Nothing wrong with competing in Sanda or even in a Muay Thai show as the talent pool in thai boxing is far far higher than what you'll find in the average sanda tournament, they don't make you wear the same degree of protective equipment and they don't care what sport you do as long as you abide by the rules of the fight.
    Your problem is that this isn't about justification at all. He posted up a review a few of us said hold on and he adjusted his ratings. You came in and decided to **** on his review and make a blanket statement about TMA.

This post is reasonable your other post is trollshido or YMAS worthy.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/23/2011 12:18pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Your problem is that this isn't about justification at all. He posted up a review a few of us said hold on and he adjusted his ratings. You came in and decided to **** on his review and make a blanket statement about TMA.

This post is reasonable your other post is trollshido or YMAS worthy.
    I post on MAP a lot. I'm perhaps just a little intolerant of fairies bigging themselves, their art, their school or their "master" in anyway since MAP is full of those idiots that maybe it's become a bit of knee jerk.

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    6/23/2011 1:11pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I post on MAP a lot. I'm perhaps just a little intolerant of fairies bigging themselves, their art, their school or their "master" in anyway since MAP is full of those idiots that maybe it's become a bit of knee jerk.
    yeah, but in this case the guy is being pretty reasonable.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/02/2011 8:15am

Style: Hung Ga Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    if you are going to start to compete in full contact again, i really suggest that you send fighters to the USCKF lei tai tournament in baltimore. that's probably the best ruleset for you, and there is no way in hell you'll be thrown out for excessive contact.

sanda fights would be good as well but maybe people in your school don't like boxing gloves.
    I can only second this... Please go in with excessive contact being the only contact you make. Hopefully, you'll cut your fighting time down a lot. From what I was told before I got in there, there's a lot of people heading to the hospital after the fights. I know at least of one training brother of mine that had to go to the hospital after taking a kick to the neck RIGHT AFTER getting up from a SUPLEX.

Come prepared to bang. After that, it's all fun and games. Enjoy it.

Posted On:
    3/29/2014 5:43pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: too many to list

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I started training at this school in 1970 and continued for a few years. It was a very good school at that time. It still is if you want to learn Traditional Chinese Martial Arts. It might actually be one of the best in the country. One of the few schools that can actually use their techniques and stances in a fight. Most of the other TMA schools once they get into contact fighting do not use their stances, use crappy boxing techniques and a few kicks. Everything they learned gets thrown out the window. Looks like bad street fighting and no difference between the styes. This school does not do that which is rare even today. HOWEVER, this is no longer 1970 and there has been an evolution in the martial arts world since MMA started. Martial Arts have evolved faster in the last twenty years than in the last two hundred. What was considered efficient back then no longer is. If you wish to learn a "real" traditional Chinese Martial Art I highly recommend this school however, if you want to learn to fight in an intelligent and efficient manner then you must look elsewhere.

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/29/2014 6:31pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Frog View Post
    I started training at this school in 1970 and continued for a few years. It was a very good school at that time. It still is if you want to learn Traditional Chinese Martial Arts. It might actually be one of the best in the country. One of the few schools that can actually use their techniques and stances in a fight. Most of the other TMA schools once they get into contact fighting do not use their stances, use crappy boxing techniques and a few kicks. Everything they learned gets thrown out the window. Looks like bad street fighting and no difference between the styes. This school does not do that which is rare even today. HOWEVER, this is no longer 1970 and there has been an evolution in the martial arts world since MMA started. Martial Arts have evolved faster in the last twenty years than in the last two hundred. What was considered efficient back then no longer is. If you wish to learn a "real" traditional Chinese Martial Art I highly recommend this school however, if you want to learn to fight in an intelligent and efficient manner then you must look elsewhere.
    I can post videos of my old school doing the exact same things. Actually, I can post quite a few doing TCMA.

Also can you qualify contact? When people argue stances vs bad kickboxing they are comparing this:

To their school doing this:

Sparring starts at about the 3 minute mark.

This video does not back your comments of rare or more traditional. It is fast medium contact and limited contact. Quite a fewL TCMA schools looks like this at the speed portrayed in these videos. Do you have any that are full contact?

Also, before it goes down hill, I don't have a problem with the school.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 3/29/2014 6:39pm at .

heaven sent and hell bent but weapons clenched and well kept

Posted On:
    3/30/2014 2:07am

supporting member
     Style: 

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The AL san da was light, playful, but totally over the top in terms of unnecessary movement and wasted energy, in my opinion.

I was more impressed with the bag work though.

My sifu spent some time at this place. He has said a lot of nice things about Alan Lee.
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 3/30/2014 2:11am at .
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345