Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    6/23/2011 12:31am

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by nab View Post
    Mr. Lee's first school was founded summer 1967 in Newark NJ. That winter he founded the school which I reviewed in NYC. How is my date wrong?
    Lol. I just looked at your link.

There are TWO reasonably well known persons named Alan Lee who have emigrated from Hong Kong and are teaching Chinese martial arts and who have founded long standing and successful schools in New York City. I am familiar with the bio of the other one.

What are the odds, man? :-D
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

"Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/23/2011 5:33am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just always find it funny when people spout on about such and such a grandmaster etc. being "universally respected" when really, they're only respected within their own circles. Is he respected in the full contact sports circles? No? Then he's NOT universally respected and there's a damn good reason - and you should just stop squatting down over the keyboard and pressing enter every time you take a dump.

I'm not trolling down the TMA schools when I have a hatred of TMAs. I'm having a look at the school reviews in general because I see a common theme with many of the TMA school reviews posted by students of said schools.

As Tom said, you wanna refute my opinion, then give me a reason to doubt it - liek actual evidence. I know that's something most TMAs have a problem with but you should try it if you wanna actually start arguing with someones stated opinion.

Or you can call me names, I'll talk smack about your mother and sexual preferences and then you'll challenge me to a fight from the otherside of the planet. This is Bullshido. Why are you here?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/23/2011 10:45am

Style: Kung-Fu, Wu-Su

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am not refuting your opinion, I am refuting your negative, condescending attitude.

As to my claims, a few items- our school used to compete in full contact. This was a long time ago and as the rules became codefied more it was decided to stop. We were constantly disqualified for excessive contact and it was felt at the time that the rule structure was biased toward point Karate that was then exploding.

In fact our school staged the famous "Kung-Fu vs. Karate" competition back in 1969 where we took on challengers from a number of Karate schools and won 14 of 20 matches (2 draws). YES, this was a long time ago and YES the scene has changed. Perhaps we should consider getting involved again. In fact, I will bring this up with my seniors as it seems to be the primary thing people seem to pay attention to these days. But I point out this history to segue to another point- that Mr. Lee is truly universally respected.

He was literally one of (if not the) first to teach non-Asians on the east coast, he chaired the second International Conference of Martial Arts, Mas Oyama personally requested he referee tournaments for him when he first came to NYC, Mr. Lee was inducted into the Black Belt Hall of Fame in 1978, he has been recognized in print and in person by notable martial artists of a variety of disciplines MANY times as a "Patriach of Kung-Fu in America," has appeared on Johnny Carson, Merv Griffin, etc.

I promise, if you speak to anyone worth their salt who has been around for a while they WILL know the name Alan Lee. We have carried a lower public profile in recent years, hence my desire to post here, in case there are people who would like more information. I said our schoo lhas thrived for 40+ years and it is true. We still have over 200 students who pay some of the lowest fees in NY, in part becuase we have always operated as a non-profit organization- a rarity. We have done performances all over the city and while we may not enter the octagon as it were, I currently have a nice red mark across my face and an upper stomach with plenty of bruising from last night's class.

Whether you prefer Muay Thai, MMA, JKD or other such systems that favor direct fighting techniques, that's cool. As Mr. Lee himself always says, we're no better than anyone else, only different. We do what we do. No crazy claims about Kung-Fu fireballs. This site has a forum specifically for Traditional Chinese schools, that's where I posted. As W. Rabbit was kind enough to point out I gave my school mostly 5s and 6s, I'm really not trying to fluff it up, just give prospective people an idea of what we do- that's why I added a text description to go with each rating.

In the future if you doubt the veracity of someone's statements you shoudl just say so and save all the **** talk. I don't need to talk smack, there's no point. In terms of "actual evidence" I'm not sure what you want. Video of us in full contact? I already admitted it doesn't exisit. Proof of Mr. Lee's reputation? Go to GoogleBooks and type his name in, it will pop up, I promise.

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/23/2011 11:02am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dude calm the **** down both of you. Master Betty is an idiot for trolling this thread. He is a bigger troll for thinking Tom is siding with his comment.

You just wrote two essays to an idiotic comment telling people how to post. You are now trolling yourself. If someone wants to look like an ass let them.

In the future if you doubt the veracity of someone's statements you shoudl just say so and save all the **** talk. I don't need to talk smack, there's no point.
    This is as silly as his trolling post.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/23/2011 11:12am

Style: Kung-Fu, Wu-Su

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You're right, it's gotten silly. I am still new to this site and felt the need to defend myself especially since there are now 4 pages on this, mostly saying my school is full of ****. At this point I've probably said more than enough. If and when we post some new video I'll be sure to share it here.

Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    You just wrote two essays to an idiotic comment telling people how to post. You are now trolling yourself. If someone wants to look like an ass let them.

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    6/23/2011 11:22am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    if you are going to start to compete in full contact again, i really suggest that you send fighters to the USCKF lei tai tournament in baltimore. that's probably the best ruleset for you, and there is no way in hell you'll be thrown out for excessive contact.

sanda fights would be good as well but maybe people in your school don't like boxing gloves.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/23/2011 11:36am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No, there are not four pages of people saying your school is ****. There is one person saying that outright. Another guy who disagrees with the assessment of the videos and another harsher video critic.

If that means you think people are saying your school is **** you have some deeper issues with the school none of us have addressed. It may be time to go take a look at other schools.

insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

Posted On:
    6/23/2011 11:41am

supporting member
     Style: (Hung Ga+BJJ+MT+JKD) ^ Qi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ming are the USCKF and USKSF the same?

http://www.usksf.org/

I've found more recent video online searching for "USKSF", and I've been trying to share more of these videos with my training bros. I want to be accurate...maybe I am confusing two different orgs.

Yeah...doesn't seem there is much off limits in terms of contact in this ruleset.

Last edited by W. Rabbit; 6/23/2011 11:49am at .

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/23/2011 11:48am

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Betty View Post
    Honestly, it sounds like typical TMA bullshit giving itself big marks as they always do. Virtually every TMA guy gives his school marks like 9 for striking etc. Embarrassing.
    I'll give mine a 9. Want to come to my place and prove wrong?

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/23/2011 11:50am

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by nab View Post
    You're right, it's gotten silly. I am still new to this site and felt the need to defend myself especially since there are now 4 pages on this, mostly saying my school is full of ****. At this point I've probably said more than enough. If and when we post some new video I'll be sure to share it here.
    They're not saying your school is **** they're saying your opinion is ****. Please try to keep up.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 5 LastLast