Style
    BJJ, Shotokan, Boxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

New to martial arts

I started bjj in September 2010. I fell in love with it. Really has assisted with my job in corrections. My girlfriend is a green belt in Shotokon and has recently got me to start taking classes with her at the Y. I enjoy it so far but the stance is very diffrent for me. My friend who teaches me in BJJ is also a parttime boxing instructer also has convinced me to start boxing lessons. My friend does not teach fulltime and with mine and his wierd schedules we do not get to train as much as I would like so with his blessing he has told me bout a bjj school near my job where i could train after work as soon as my schedule changes. I condition mainly with cardio(jogging, basketball, sprints, etc.) although Im bout to start a body weight routine and later add kettlebells. Just looking for any advice or comments wether good or bad. Thanks

Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi, wystal. You might want to skip the body weight routine and go to weightlifting. If you're looking for strength, a routine that focuses on compound barbell exercises could be more beneficial.
    You might want to check out Stronglifts. Also, I think Sherdog had a pretty good thread on mma and strength training which could be relevant.

EDIT: I do a 5x5 compound routine and I find that it's been helpful in BJJ (great glute activation from deads, good for upa's, etc).

Style
    BJJ, Shotokan, Boxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    appreciate it noob.... also like to add i just started boxing tonight...first time i boxed in three years...had to fight the urge not to take the guy to the ground

Style
    BJJ, Shotokan, Boxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i met fellow noob