Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 11121314 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    6/07/2011 9:49pm

Style: BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by donoraen View Post
    Also this came up, it's not relevant, but I'm putting it up anyway.
    God that's some awful crap.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/07/2011 9:58pm

Style: Limalama

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by wetware View Post
    God that's some awful crap.
    Didn't even listen to it, just thought the title was somehow appropriate.

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    6/08/2011 12:36am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cullion View Post
    Keith Hackney dun it.
    plz...

:)

Posted On:
    6/08/2011 12:40am

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by donoraen View Post
    Also this came up, it's not relevant, but I'm putting it up anyway.
    Didn't have audio on, but looking at the vid, I'm glad. It probably could be described as an eargrind, should someone actually have the fortitude to listen.

Posted On:
    6/08/2011 7:57am

Join us... or die
     Style: Aikido,Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SifuAbel View Post
    Ok, so you make a juvenile thread about the juvenile way you use a term. Act like a juvenile at the prom goofing on it, and then accuse me of being juvenile when I address your childishness. Yeah thats about right. Just about what one can expect from a little bitch like you.
    Great response Rudy. Typing through your tears can be trying.

:)

Posted On:
    6/08/2011 1:26pm

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok, so you make a juvenile thread about the juvenile way you use a term. Act like a juvenile at the prom goofing on it, and then accuse me of being juvenile when I address your childishness. Yeah thats about right. Just about what one can expect from a little bitch like you.
    IIRC, I'm taller than you by 3 or 4", though you might have me on the mid-section padding aspect of the size equation. I could be wrong...but little isn't a usual insult I field, in my day-to-day.

I started a thread about Eargrind: What it means to you. Not Rudy: What he means to you or Rudy: How do you feel about this or Rudy: WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

You're welcome to chime in, but I care less about how you feel, and more about what the term eargrind has come to mean, or not come to mean, as-the-case-may-be. I've been schooled by enough BS posters at throwdowns, that this light banter takes a backseat, in importance. I actually see some of these guys, and we spar/roll.

I'm not RAOWLGRRRR typing from some cave. I'm also not on any high ground, that I can see (unless you count Fedor's nuts). I just don't rage up, as easily or predictably as you. That's why bobyclumsyninja: What he means to you....won't appear here, as a thread, most likely. No one cares, and if they do...they can come to a TD and punch me, or choke me for it.

Enforcer of Northeast Anti-Silliness Department Inc.

Posted On:
    6/08/2011 1:54pm

supporting member
     Style: Kaju, BJJ, Judo, Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Really, people said? People ? All of them? Damn, if the people said it it must be true. And you of course could beat anthony no problem, right?
    I can't tell if you're intentionally disingenuously parsing my comment to avoid the point, or if you're just retarded.

You were upset that BS posters (aka "people) made the claim Anthony had no formal striking training. I assume I am of those "people" because I made a comment about Anthony being not much more than a novice BJJ white belt when he went at it with you.

Are we still on the same page or should I slow down?

Ok I'll give you a minute.... got it now? Good.

Moving on then. You claim Anthony was far more than a BJJ white belt and had formal striking experience from his days in Goju. I do not know what his Goju experience was, or how high of a rank he attained, but your assessment that he may have spent most of that time punching from the hip in front of a mirror is something I'd be willing to put a few greenbacks down on a bet. So no, I (representing this mysterious group known as, "people") would agree that no, Anthony did not in fact have legitimate formal striking training.

I hope this helps clear up any misunderstandings, but I'm sure it won't and you'll be back with another incomprehensible response laced with sniping and whining.
    Knowing is not enough, you must apply...
    ...Willing is not enough you must do
    ~Bruce Lee

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    6/08/2011 2:07pm

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobyclumsyninja View Post
    IIRC, I'm taller than you by 3 or 4", though you might have me on the mid-section padding aspect of the size equation. I could be wrong...but little isn't a usual insult I field, in my day-to-day.

I started a thread about Eargrind: What it means to you. Not Rudy: What he means to you or Rudy: How do you feel about this or Rudy: WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

You're welcome to chime in, but I care less about how you feel, and more about what the term eargrind has come to mean, or not come to mean, as-the-case-may-be. I've been schooled by enough BS posters at throwdowns, that this light banter takes a backseat, in importance. I actually see some of these guys, and we spar/roll.

I'm not RAOWLGRRRR typing from some cave. I'm also not on any high ground, that I can see (unless you count Fedor's nuts). I just don't rage up, as easily or predictably as you. That's why bobyclumsyninja: What he means to you....won't appear here, as a thread, most likely. No one cares, and if they do...they can come to a TD and punch me, or choke me for it.
    In the spirit of your original post I'd say that "eargrind" really refers to what is known as demoralizing injury: an injury where the perception of harm causes a reaction beyond the actual pain inflicted. The Punisher poking a dude in the back with a popscicle after telling him it was an acetylene torch (AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!) is a good example. Rudy tapped because he thought his ear ripped away from his head. If he were more experienced on the mat, he would have experienced this sort of sensation in training, and would have known he was essentially unhurt during the fight. Live and learn.
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    6/08/2011 2:16pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ke?poFist View Post
    You claim Anthony was far more than a BJJ white belt and had formal striking experience from his days in Goju. I do not know what his Goju experience was, or how high of a rank he attained, but your assessment that he may have spent most of that time punching from the hip in front of a mirror is something I'd be willing to put a few greenbacks down on a bet.
    I would lay even odds that Anthony learned far more about striking during any and all of his *suspected/alleged* private lessons from the ATT pros (even if they were grappling only) than he did during his old Goju training.

Enforcer of Northeast Anti-Silliness Department Inc.

Posted On:
    6/08/2011 3:26pm

supporting member
     Style: Kaju, BJJ, Judo, Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think the elephant in the room that comes with discussing the legitimacy of Anthony's striking training, is the startling conclusion that Rudy didn't have any legitimate striking training either for that fight. Unfortunately for him it showed, though not as badly as Anthony's did.
    Knowing is not enough, you must apply...
    ...Willing is not enough you must do
    ~Bruce Lee

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 11121314 ... LastLast