Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Learn to sprawl.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/02/2011 11:51pm

Style: Stabbing the Face.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To OP: Didn't you say in another thread that you trained in Krav Maga? Ask your KM instructor what a boxer might need to know for SD. If he/she is any good, then you'll probably get a pretty good idea of what you'll need to teach with regards to street attacks.

Off the top of my head, you'll need to learn not just how to sprawl, but to handle yourself on the ground in case you get knocked over (your Judo/Sambo guy can help with that), secondly, you need to teach things like situational awareness and not going to stupid places with stupid people to do stupid things. A shockingly small amount of SD programs don't actually teach the one thing that will help the most in terms of self defense (i.e: not being there).

Thirdly, watch this video to improve your SD scenario drills: http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=106725

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/03/2011 1:12pm

Style: ARMA, Antagonistics

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by erezb View Post
    My question is, what throws or moves are common in the street that can hinder a boxer or kick-boxer? We have training with us a competitive sambo/judo grappler on Sundays that can show us how to grapple if needed. I just wanted some ideas as to how and what kind of drills we can incorporate to our training so to be a bit better prepared in a self defense scenario.
    Thank you very much for your time and help
    Erez.
    Drill against the double leg takedown from the inside and throws from the clinch (like hip throws). I'm not a SD instructor of any kind but those throws seem to be pretty popular and intuitive for many people, so I'd say to train against them. If you aren't already, train against bear hugs too.

Posted On:
    6/03/2011 1:29pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by erezb View Post
    The next stage is to better our ability against an attacker who tries to throw or grapple us.
    My question is, what throws or moves are common in the street that can hinder a boxer or kick-boxer? We have training with us a competitive sambo/judo grappler on Sundays that can show us how to grapple if needed. I just wanted some ideas as to how and what kind of drills we can incorporate to our training so to be a bit better prepared in a self defense scenario.
    Thank you very much for your time and help
    Erez.
    Stop crappling and learn grappling properly.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/03/2011 2:55pm

Style: ARMA, Antagonistics

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Almost forgot. I'm not sure this is entirely up your alley but who knows, it may come of good use. Our own Kirk Lawson republishes manuals from classic boxing (pre-MoQ) and since they are from the times where grappling was a component of boxing, they have good grappling techniques for boxers as well counters to various grapples (still used today). I'd recommend checking them out, especially his "Banned from Boxing" book.

http://stores.lulu.com/lawson
    Last edited by Mordschlag; 6/03/2011 2:58pm at . Reason: hurf durf url