Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/04/2011 11:36pm

Style: Shotokan, BJJ, Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by No.1_Son View Post
    You're pretty invested in making sure that he doesn't do any research on the subject.

BTW anecdotes <> evidence.

Your argument would be stronger if you had bloodwork to show that indeed, you don't have much mercury in your system. But even then that would be a single case. Still not a strong argument to base anyone else's diet on.
    I'm just invested in him not wasting his time on pointless BS. As i said, i myself have NEVER had a problem from NINE years of nearly daily tuna consumption, nor has anyone i've ever known. I'm a pretty firm believer in "i'll believe it when i see it", and this is one issue that i've heard 1904180418 times from people, yet have never experienced myself despite eating WAY WAYYYY over the "recommended" amount of tuna, and having several other people in my life from bodybuilders, to martial artists, to normal people eating as much if not more.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/05/2011 12:25am

Style: MMA, BJJ, Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    why are you arguing so firmly that he not even consider researching the possible harms of intaking mercury. I too consume quite a bit of tuna a feel great and have suffered no ill effects. However, unlike you, I am quite interested to do some research and see what evidence there is both for and against this Mercury scare. Keep it mature guys, if you want to form an argument back it up with evidence instead of repeating how you are so ripped and recover so fast repeatedly.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/05/2011 12:46am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by fightclubfreak7 View Post
    why are you arguing so firmly that he not even consider researching the possible harms of intaking mercury. I too consume quite a bit of tuna a feel great and have suffered no ill effects. However, unlike you, I am quite interested to do some research and see what evidence there is both for and against this Mercury scare. Keep it mature guys, if you want to form an argument back it up with evidence instead of repeating how you are so ripped and recover so fast repeatedly.
    Right, because me saying something one way or another is going to directly affect whether or not he actually does research on the subject. That's 100% his choice, if he doesn't want to he won't, if he does want to he will, to change his mind on the subject simply because i said he will be fine is silly, it's simply me stating to him my personal experience in the matter, and the experience of those around me who also consume as much tuna as i do, who are also completely fine.

If you wanna do research do it, you're fully capable of finding this out for yourself and experimenting with your own body regardless of what's being said in this thread, quit acting like me being on an opposing side of an argument is going to somehow affect whether or not you learn something.

Bassline to the Mainline

Posted On:
    6/05/2011 5:05am

Style: JamBoxer

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok guys, so I did some extensive independent research on this matter of great importance. I learned, well I learned that lots of pretty dolphins die each year from tuna nets. I for one will not eat Flipper. Switching to chicken salad. **** all ya'll.

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    6/05/2011 8:23am

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Breakfast: 8oz Greek Yoghurt with fruit; 5.5oz low sodium V8
    Snack: 4oz Fiber1 cottage cheese
    Lunch: 8oz Greek Yoghurt with Tuna and veggies
    Dinner: Thin whole wheat pasta + veggies and 5oz Tuna

Same every day. I eat a lot of olives which have more sodium than I would like (as does the Tuna).

Flipper can kiss my ass

Last edited by Matt Phillips; 6/05/2011 8:26am at .
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Everybody was Kung Fu fighting

Posted On:
    6/05/2011 9:11am

supporting member
     Style: Tai Chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You can get dolphin friendly tuna in the UK, it doesn't cost that much more.

Yes, there is mercury in tuna. Apparently the cheaper brands are less harmful in this regard because they use smaller fish rather than big chunks from a single large fish. Heavy metals concentrate higher up the food chain and in larger, older fish apparently.
    !!RENT SPACE HERE FOR 10 VBUCKS PER LINE PER MONTH!!

!! PM ME FOR SPEEDY SERVICE !!

Sponsored by our first customer: Repulsive Monkey

I <3 Sirc.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/05/2011 10:19am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Phillips View Post
    Breakfast: 8oz Greek Yoghurt with fruit; 5.5oz low sodium V8
    Lunch: 8oz Greek Yoghurt with Tuna and veggies
    Dinner: Thin whole wheat pasta + veggies and 5oz Tuna

Same every day. I eat a lot of olives which have more sodium than I would like (as does the Tuna).

Flipper can kiss my ass

protunatip: Tear open pouch. Squeeze open so that you can get the tuna to fall down a bit into the pouch. Put a little bit of water in top of pouch. Squeeze top of pouch so no tuna can get out, and squeeze pouch till the water comes out. This gets most if not all the "tuna water" out of the pouch, and takes a good deal of sodium out with it.

SoulMechanic: you sound like one of those vegans that think they're helping animals by not eating them, when 1000's of animals die each day to help you stay on the internet lol. It's a losing battle my boy, just eat your damn tuna and get strong boi!

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    6/06/2011 7:29am

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Tuna comes in a pouch now?
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Bassline to the Mainline

Posted On:
    6/06/2011 11:01am

Style: JamBoxer

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There is a new study out scientifically breaking down the very true fact that excessive protein shake consumption leads to latent homosexuality. Better lay off them thangs dawg. . .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/06/2011 2:12pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulMechanic View Post
    There is a new study out scientifically breaking down the very true fact that excessive protein shake consumption leads to latent homosexuality. Better lay off them thangs dawg. . .
    I also read a study that not eating enough tuna can cause a severe case of vaginitis.

Matt Phillips: Uh...yes..yes it does lol.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast