223526 Bullies, 4247 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 11 to 20 of 33
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Travis17 is offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    128

    Posted On:
    6/03/2011 1:53am


     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Breakfast:
    3 Scrambled Eggs
    1 cup of oatmeal (in milk) with about 1 ounce of blueberries on top.

    Snack
    Almonds and a banana

    Lunch:
    4-6 ounces of chicken breast
    1/2 cup of brown rice, uncooked
    About 1 1/2 to 2 cups of mixed veggies

    Dinner:
    2 peanut butter sandwiches or 2 turkey sandwiches

    Before bed atm:
    Another sandwich.

    I try to eat a little bit of almonds throughout the day.

    I also drink about 1/4 of a gallon of milk a day altogether.

    On days I'm training 2 hours a day I'll eat a scoop of whey in milk after training.

    That's about it.

    Been thinking about maybe trying to eat at least a cup of veggies 3 times a day.
    Last edited by Travis17; 6/03/2011 2:02am at .
  2. No.1_Son is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles County
    Posts
    176

    Posted On:
    6/03/2011 2:18am


     Style: BJJ & MMA

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Uncooked rice? Never heard of anyone eating rice like that before. There has to be a reason, so please share...
  3. Travis17 is offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    128

    Posted On:
    6/03/2011 2:34am


     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No it's a half cup uncooked. I think it becomes 2 cups when cooked. So that's why I put it down that way. Also the nutrition facts on the bag are for the rice uncooked. So I count it that way.
  4. proteinshakez is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    120

    Posted On:
    6/03/2011 10:43am


     Style: Shotokan, BJJ, Muay Thai

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by No.1_Son View Post
    @SoulMechanic: All that tuna is probably giving you too much mercury. Consider cutting back on the fish.
    I have eaten Tuna 95% of every day for the last 9 years, occasionally twice.

    This site is about getting rid of bull sir, you should know that what you just said is very much bull :)
  5. SoulMechanic is offline
    SoulMechanic's Avatar

    Bassline to the Mainline

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    1,201

    Posted On:
    6/03/2011 10:26pm


     Style: JamBoxer

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by No.1_Son View Post
    @SoulMechanic: All that tuna is probably giving you too much mercury. Consider cutting back on the fish.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mens Health
    The Japanese are so fish-mad that they collectively consume 12% of the world’s fish, but account for only 2% of the global population.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mens Health
    Japanese people enjoy one of the longest average life spans in the world -- 86 years for women and 79 for men versus 80 and 75 respective years for Americans -- with far lower rates of obesity and chronic diseases like osteoporosis, heart disease and some types of cancer.
    I appreciate your concern but I really aint worrying about my high intake of seafood brah.
  6. No.1_Son is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles County
    Posts
    176

    Posted On:
    6/03/2011 11:07pm


     Style: BJJ & MMA

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you weigh over 150lbs, you shouldn't eat more than 1 can of White Albacore every 9 days, or 1 can of chunk light tuna every 3 days.
    Source:
    http://www.nrdc.org/health/effects/mercury/tuna.asp

    And yes the Japanese do have a long life expectancy and in general their diet is way better than that of the United States. Bit of a flying leap to say that based on that, there is no risk from mercury in fish, or that fish is the reason they live so long. It would probably be more correct to look at everything they are not eating as the reason for increased lifespan. Things like grain-fed beef & pork, cheese and other dairy products. Also they tend to eat way more veggies than we do.

    I'm not really interested in winning an argument here, so if you want to ignore what I posted then that's fine. On the other hand if the mercury thing is overblown bs go ahead and post your sources, I'm open to becoming better educated on the subject.

    @Travis17: Oh, LOL. Me teh stupids. You win 100 internets etc...
  7. proteinshakez is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    120

    Posted On:
    6/03/2011 11:19pm


     Style: Shotokan, BJJ, Muay Thai

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by No.1_Son View Post
    If you weigh over 150lbs, you shouldn't eat more than 1 can of White Albacore every 9 days, or 1 can of chunk light tuna every 3 days.
    Source:
    http://www.nrdc.org/health/effects/mercury/tuna.asp

    And yes the Japanese do have a long life expectancy and in general their diet is way better than that of the United States. Bit of a flying leap to say that based on that, there is no risk from mercury in fish, or that fish is the reason they live so long. It would probably be more correct to look at everything they are not eating as the reason for increased lifespan. Things like grain-fed beef & pork, cheese and other dairy products. Also they tend to eat way more veggies than we do.

    I'm not really interested in winning an argument here, so if you want to ignore what I posted then that's fine. On the other hand if the mercury thing is overblown bs go ahead and post your sources, I'm open to becoming better educated on the subject.

    @Travis17: Oh, LOL. Me teh stupids. You win 100 internets etc...
    My sources are my own body. As i said i've eaten at LEAST a cans worth (usually a pouch) of tuna for around 95% of every day of the last 9 years, and i'm 100% fine. Aside from my balls of steel, there's not alot of metals of any sort in me :) I'm 200 pounds atm, was around 185 when i was working out hardcore before, and i still eat almost as much of it as i used to.

    I > mercury poisoning.
  8. SoulMechanic is offline
    SoulMechanic's Avatar

    Bassline to the Mainline

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    1,201

    Posted On:
    6/04/2011 12:55am


     Style: JamBoxer

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by No.1_Son View Post
    And yes the Japanese do have a long life expectancy and in general their diet is way better than that of the United States. Bit of a flying leap to say that based on that, there is no risk from mercury in fish, or that fish is the reason they live so long. It would probably be more correct to look at everything they are not eating as the reason for increased lifespan. Things like grain-fed beef & pork, cheese and other dairy products. Also they tend to eat way more veggies than we do.
    I cannot and will not argue with this logic. Again, I appreciate your concern, but in my mind the nutritional benefits I get from eating my diet outweigh the potential dangers. Although I have no immediate plans on changing my diet, your comment has inspired me to look further into this subject in greater detail.
  9. proteinshakez is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    120

    Posted On:
    6/04/2011 12:59am


     Style: Shotokan, BJJ, Muay Thai

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulMechanic View Post
    I cannot and will not argue with this logic. Again, I appreciate your concern, but in my mind the nutritional benefits I get from eating my diet outweigh the potential dangers. Although I have no immediate plans on changing my diet, your comment has inspired me to look further into this subject in greater detail.
    Dude, read my comments. I have eaten tuna for around 95% of every day for the last NINE years, and i am perfectly fine, my blood pressure is actually better than average for my age and weight, i heal at an abnormally fast rate too from cuts and what not. I recover great from my workouts, i have no trouble cutting bodyfat, i don't have abnormal poop, my junk works perfectly, i am at zero risk for diabetes, i have enough energy to workout usually twice a day if not more (when i have the time of course lol), and i sleep at least 7 hours a night without trouble.

    There is absolutely NO downside to my diet, despite it including so much tuna. You will be just fine.
  10. No.1_Son is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles County
    Posts
    176

    Posted On:
    6/04/2011 3:04pm


     Style: BJJ & MMA

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by proteinshakez View Post
    Dude, read my comments. I have eaten tuna for around 95% of every day for the last NINE years, and i am perfectly fine, my blood pressure is actually better than average for my age and weight, i heal at an abnormally fast rate too from cuts and what not. I recover great from my workouts, i have no trouble cutting bodyfat, i don't have abnormal poop, my junk works perfectly, i am at zero risk for diabetes, i have enough energy to workout usually twice a day if not more (when i have the time of course lol), and i sleep at least 7 hours a night without trouble.

    There is absolutely NO downside to my diet, despite it including so much tuna. You will be just fine.
    You're pretty invested in making sure that he doesn't do any research on the subject.

    BTW anecdotes <> evidence.

    Your argument would be stronger if you had bloodwork to show that indeed, you don't have much mercury in your system. But even then that would be a single case. Still not a strong argument to base anyone else's diet on.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.