insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

Posted On:
    6/02/2011 8:43pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Battlefields.

I won't pontificate; I'll be concise.

I think you did the appropriate thing. If your friend was grappling on the ground with DYG, your role as bud would be to remain standing and situationally aware. If anything that is the best way to help be your buddy's wingman...jumping in puts you at a sudden disadvantage, especially if there were beefy security goons nearby.

Mob situations especially near mosh pits can turn ugly fast...nothing stopping a whole slew of strangers from deciding to kick your friend (and his er "grappling partner" and you too) while on the ground, and laugh about it.

So you stayed in the best position to get your friend to safety if SHTF.

I like to refer to this position as "Ready Five".

Kudos yet again for staying clear, clean and sober.
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 6/02/2011 8:52pm at . Reason: I lied...I'm apparently incapable of concise.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/02/2011 8:50pm

Style: Limalama

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So what happened with the girl you were texting?

LVL 99 Photomancer

Posted On:
    6/02/2011 8:51pm

supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    More specifically, as tao.jonez asked - we need some context for the text.
    You said that you let a trail go cold, did you leave one (or more) of her texts go unanswered, or was it the other way around?

Posted On:
    6/03/2011 2:03am

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The text was in the process of sorting out meeting up at a club later on. I wasn't keen, mainly because I think if a club lets people like me in then I don't want to be in that club (thanks, Groucho, I think). I also am in this strange situation of really not giving a **** about picking up at the moment (shock horror). I think I am exiting the "drought" stage (of which it has been a long one, thank God for the oldest profession) of singledom and entering the "I am happy with who and what I am so I don't give a **** about putting moves on some dame and due to this attitude I seem to be getting more female attention" stage. I'm enjoying it, this no expectations malarkey.

You know, this whole being single and sober thing is completely foreign to me as I imagine it would be for many people. The good thing is I recognise a relationship is not the best thing at the moment for me, being that I am still coming to grips with it all. I am single, have a good job, am sober, looking to buy an inner city property before the next boom (and hopefully make a mint during it) and am enjoying a new lease on life with music and friends that share my interests. Funnily enough this is the kind of **** in a dude chicks dig, whoddathunkit?

I'm only just realising this in the last two days, I have been in contact with another girl hoping to get to know me better which brings the grand total to, well, two. But I imagine that number will increase if I keep getting better acquainted with me. Apparently I am a good bloke.

So really, that girl on the other end of the text that night is inconsequential at the moment.

Bullshido brings the self realisations. Thanks all.

Fasten your seat belts, and prepare for lift off

Posted On:
    6/03/2011 4:22am

supporting member
     Style: Combat Cuddling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Posted On:
    6/03/2011 5:41am

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, I'm aware of your status as a gay unicorn, DKJ. You keep reminding me. Seriously, stop messaging me, I don't swing that way.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/03/2011 11:04am

Style: Bartitsu, Judo noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Go not into the field with your friend at his entreaty to take his part but first know the manner of the quarrel how justly or unjustly it grew, and do not therein maintain wrong against right, but examine the cause of the controversy, and if there be reason for his rage to lead him to that mortal resolution."

George Silver, 1599

Ninja Fruit

Posted On:
    6/03/2011 11:15am

Style: JKD, Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    I also am in this strange situation of really not giving a **** about picking up at the moment (shock horror). I think I am exiting the "drought" stage (of which it has been a long one, thank God for the oldest profession) of singledom and entering the "I am happy with who and what I am so I don't give a **** about putting moves on some dame and due to this attitude I seem to be getting more female attention" stage. I'm enjoying it, this no expectations malarkey.
    Semi-related:
    I had a roommate who told me he'd masturbate before he went out to bars/clubs trying to meet women. His thought was that if he didn't really care about getting laid that night women picked up on it and found him more attractive. (Possibly less desperate / lecherous.) It seemed to work for him, as he brought home way more women than I did.
    "Never trust a quote you read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    6/03/2011 11:19am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Was your friend JnP?

Ninja Fruit

Posted On:
    6/03/2011 4:00pm

Style: JKD, Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No, not unless JnP looks a lot more latino than his avatar.
    "Never trust a quote you read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 5 LastLast