Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 123 45 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Ninja Fruit

Posted On:
    6/02/2011 10:02am

Style: JKD, Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Was this chick texting you back, or were you forcefully planting unwanted texts on her?

You did right to stay the **** out. Friend started it, friend finishes win or lose. As you said, intervention is OK only if someone else comes into the fight, or if there's un-necessary abuse (stomping, etc.)
    "Never trust a quote you read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

Posted On:
    6/02/2011 10:29am

Style: MMA, Yoga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    My mate, however, has a thing against women being treated badly and was watching DYG like a hawk after he gripped her chin to kiss her the first time. There could have been more, but at that time I was "minding my own business" and talking to some other people, you know, enjoying the gig.
    DYG being a douche and your friend being one are not necessarily mutually exclusive. You better be dam sure the woman you are protecting wants your protection before you jump in.

To illustrate my point I'll tell you a story about something that happened to me 3-4 years ago while out celebrating a 21st.

We'd come from the party and were were well into our cups by the time we hit the second drinking hole, (Birdy Num Nums if you know it). I'd been teaching my friend's girlfriend Muay Thai for 6 months at that stage and we had this funny skit where I'd teep her and she'd jump back with it to make it seem like she was going flying.

Obviously not the smartest thing to do at a bar, but drunks aren't known for their smarts. Three guys thought this was their chance to be strong women protectors, I mean she wasn't upset at all but women are far too weak to stand up for themselves. These guys followed me into the toilet, king hit me while i was pissing at the urinal, kicked the crap out of me and then i assume boasted about it to the staff.

Douchebag white knights piss me off, and starting someone based on their kissing method sure falls under this category.
    "Boxing is the art of hitting an opponent from the furthest distance away, exposing the least amount of your body while getting into position to punch with maximum leverage and not getting hit."
    Kenny Weldon

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    6/02/2011 10:34am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm with Sang on this one.

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/02/2011 10:41am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Quote Originally Posted by Sang View Post

Douchebag white knights piss me off, and starting someone based on their kissing method sure falls under this category.
    Thanks Sang, I thought I was the only one that read it that way.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/02/2011 11:05am

Style: Keyboard Warrior

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sang View Post
    You better be dam sure the woman you are protecting wants your protection before you jump in. .

Quite true. About 15 years ago I thought I was doing the right thing by intervening when I heard yelling while out walking by myself. Turns out the young woman who I thought needed protection ended up not appreciating that I was now getting attention from the drunk guy. She was yelling something stupid like “No Chris! Hit me instead!” while I blocked about five punches and then took one glancing fist on the jaw. All I did after that was just look at him as if the punch didn’t affect me (which it didn’t) then they both walked away together.

It was just retarded but could have ended up a lot worse – especially if Fucktard Chris had a few more friends nearby. Volunteering help that is not asked for or appreciated can be unproductive and problematic

Posted On:
    6/02/2011 6:17pm

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I agree. In my opinion the "abuse" would have had to be way more prominent for me to act. I've acted the fool while drunk and probably been too forceful in some situations, due to the level of drunk and not being in control of my faculties. From what I saw, I wouldn't have acted. From my mates perspective, I don't know, I'm not my mate.

Posted On:
    6/02/2011 6:31pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So your friend's GF was responding to a randomer hitting on her instead of telling him to **** off? If so your boy is a ***** ****** who needs to **** his woman properly and sort himself out. Girls tend not to flirt if you're plowing them properly and have your **** nailed down.

If you're a massive ***** ****** then they will feel free to play away and thus flirt with randomers.

Posted On:
    6/02/2011 6:39pm

Style: MMA, Yoga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wrong thread?
    "Boxing is the art of hitting an opponent from the furthest distance away, exposing the least amount of your body while getting into position to punch with maximum leverage and not getting hit."
    Kenny Weldon

LVL 99 Photomancer

Posted On:
    6/02/2011 7:12pm

supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well what can I say that Sang hasn't already said?

I can say that I wholly endorse the position that you DON'T get involved with domestic disputes unless you feel that it is a life/death or otherwise extreme situation that you feel COMPELLED to act out of the interest of public safety.

Posted On:
    6/02/2011 7:54pm

Style: Kyokushin Karate / BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You know ... I honestly can't offer an opinion on the situation because I wasn't there. Instead I just read the story given, had a bit of a chuckle at the whole thing, then posted this message.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 123 45 LastLast