Our Sponsors:

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 123 45 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    6/02/2011 5:53pm

Style: WHKD (Kaju), Sub. Grapple

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Devil has my sense of it as well. Feel free to call and see how they portray themselves (ie do they over emphasize BJJ vs JJJ, their MMA experience/qualifications, etc). But in general, it such seems to be the standard advertising BS we see these days all over the place. A bit deceptive perhaps, but not Bullshido.

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    6/02/2011 6:02pm

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Dude you do realize how many different styles Ernie Reyes has trained right? Calling him a TKD guy is disingenuous.
    Seriously. ALso
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernie Reyes
    Our mixed martial arts system will teach you Korean Tae Kwon Do, the art of kicking, American boxing, Thai kick boxing, Filipino knife and stick fighting, Japanese and Chinese weapon training training, practical street self defense techniques, and submission grappling from the ground. Also special classes and seminars are available in personal protection and family protection courses called (CDT) Non-Deadly Force for personal and family protection. Many of our instructors are certified Tactical Masters.
    from here
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Posted On:
    6/05/2011 10:37am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: combat jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

I'm the guy

I don't know why this guy is so bent out of shape with my school or credentials I was at the last USG tourney took 7 kids n 4 adults all but 2 were short timers but overall they did well all placed but 1 I've been to 4-5 events 2 different tournaments my juveniles took 1st in team points I never claimed or signed anybody up past white belt according to the rules because I am not belted in BJJ and that is thier lineage and rules as far as MMA belt claims mixed martail arts is a mix of differing martial art styles wrestiling boxing and so on I wasn't aware as the gentlemen who started this mess says it is exclusve to BJJ I understand as many martial artist do that people feel their art is the best and their school and instructors are 2nd to none but the truth is there are lots of good schools and arts that are not even known as far as our BJJ goes we have been affiliated with Nova Unaio with Charuto who help train BJ Penn and many others fought in the UFC himself Moose my partner as well as several others has a blue belt we also have a few that have a purple belt under him now if u know anything about his style it is BJJ but his symlbol is different than the Brazilian Nova Uniao cause he drew his as a Hawaiian symbolizing waves crashing such as my choice of my bulldog symbol cause I have a bulldog and its my school so i like the symbol nothing to do with which ever Gracie seems to use the symbol I'm not a marine either think they r a great branch of service but they use a bulldog as thier mascot does this clown think they should not becuase they aren't BJJ blackbelts I am
    I recieved my 6th from Master Peele in a JJJ I guess its up to u to decide how u read the site and decifer it it's funny how some see nothing wrong with (agian I am Not a computer guy dont do the web site my self)and yet people that want to be negative find a way to twist it by the way again for you guys that feel its shady look at the pic of the ceremony its obvious it a Japanese promotion as far as fooling the public tat is y we give a free week so they can come in an decide wheather its for them or they think someone is full of it but I do have a successful school and we win alot of different tournaments such as point tournaments with weapons kata open hands kata pointfighting we have students that grapple in gi n no gi we also fight in the cage and ring with a winning record that sounds pretty close to mma and what we offer on the site I can go on forever n ever I am sure defending my self and my school but I don't c the need to do anymore by the way Ernie Reyes Sr. had a Kenpo school in the 80s in Fairfield Ca right outside Travis AFB u young martial artist I say that meaning that u have only one art or been in one school don't know everything the ones that have been doing this since we were kids know u use to go to any school as a BB and workout and were treated with respect and open arms and thats where you get true mma experience now everyone thinks thier stuff is the best and top secret any true instructor and martial artist knows u can learn from any white belt- BB cause every one does something a little different and what u teach is only as good as how u practice as far as respect goes this is like everything else as time progresses things change and u guys like the clown that started all this dont understand the true meaning of the martial arts I do believe I know who u r and I have thought Team ROC ia a very good school and Ihave worked with a few of u guys they r super fellas but u have not shined up to those fellas lights and I'm sure ur the guy that was mad cause my white belt put a jaw crush on ur ur guy and u were mad that it wasn't a BJJ mve but remember I am not a BJJ school that was what we do in Combat JJ any way sorry about the english and run ons not an English teacher by the way I do welcome anyone to my school and willrespect u as long as u respect us.By the way the reason for the Bulldog MMA/Jiu Jitsu symmbol is we r splitting up and that was my symbol advertising what we do its called business Jiu Jitsu spelling is not trade marked by BJJ been spelled differently for hundreds of years the Gracies r good at what they do as well as great bus. minds but research where their jj came from before u just spout from ur rear.
    Last edited by marshallmma; 6/05/2011 10:45am at .

Enforcer of Northeast Anti-Silliness Department Inc.

Posted On:
    6/05/2011 11:11am

supporting member
     Style: Kaju, BJJ, Judo, Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok I'm sorry, I don't normally do this, but really man, repost that with punctuation. It's unreadable. Did you type this on your iPhone?
    Knowing is not enough, you must apply...
    ...Willing is not enough you must do
    ~Bruce Lee

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/05/2011 11:18am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by marshallmma View Post
    I don't know why this guy is so bent out of shape with my school or credentials I was at the last USG tourney took 7 kids n 4 adults all but 2 were short timers but overall they did well all placed but 1 I've been to 4-5 events 2 different tournaments my juveniles took 1st in team points I never claimed or signed anybody up past white belt according to the rules because I am not belted in BJJ and that is thier lineage and rules as far as MMA belt claims mixed martail arts is a mix of differing martial art styles wrestiling boxing and so on I wasn't aware as the gentlemen who started this mess says it is exclusve to BJJ

I understand as many martial artist do that people feel their art is the best and their school and instructors are 2nd to none but the truth is there are lots of good schools and arts that are not even known as far as our BJJ goes we have been affiliated with Nova Unaio with Charuto who help train BJ Penn and many others fought in the UFC himself Moose my partner as well as several others has a blue belt we also have a few that have a purple belt under him now

if u know anything about his style it is BJJ but his symlbol is different than the Brazilian Nova Uniao cause he drew his as a Hawaiian symbolizing waves crashing such as my choice of my bulldog symbol cause I have a bulldog and its my school so i like the symbol nothing to do with which ever Gracie seems to use the symbol I'm not a marine either think they r a great branch of service but they use a bulldog as thier mascot does this clown think they should not becuase they aren't BJJ blackbelts I am

I recieved my 6th from Master Peele in a JJJ I guess its up to u to decide how u read the site and decifer it it's funny how some see nothing wrong with (agian I am Not a computer guy dont do the web site my self)and yet people that want to be negative find a way to twist it by the way again for you guys that feel its shady look at the pic of the ceremony its obvious it a Japanese promotion as far as fooling the public tat is y we give a free week so they can come in an decide wheather its for them or they think someone is full of it but I do have a successful school and we win alot of different tournaments such as point tournaments with weapons kata open hands kata pointfighting we have students that grapple in gi n no gi we also fight in the cage and ring with a winning record that sounds pretty close to mma

and what we offer on the site I can go on forever n ever I am sure defending my self and my school but I don't c the need to do anymore by the way Ernie Reyes Sr. had a Kenpo school in the 80s in Fairfield Ca right outside Travis AFB u young martial artist I say that meaning that u have only one art or been in one school don't know everything the ones that have been doing this since we were kids know u use to go to any school as a BB and workout and were treated with respect and open arms and thats where you get true mma experience now

everyone thinks thier stuff is the best and top secret any true instructor and martial artist knows u can learn from any white belt- BB cause every one does something a little different and what u teach is only as good as how u practice as far as respect goes this is like everything else as time progresses things change and u guys like the clown that started all this dont understand the true meaning of the martial arts I do believe I know who u r and I have thought Team ROC ia a very good school and Ihave worked with a few of u guys they r super fellas but u have not shined up to those fellas lights and I'm sure ur the guy that was mad cause my white belt put a jaw crush on ur ur guy and u were mad that it wasn't a BJJ mve but remember I am not a BJJ school that was what we do in Combat JJ

any way sorry about the english and run ons not an English teacher by the way I do welcome anyone to my school and willrespect u as long as u respect us.By the way the reason for the Bulldog MMA/Jiu Jitsu symmbol is we r splitting up and that was my symbol advertising what we do its called business Jiu Jitsu spelling is not trade marked by BJJ been spelled differently for hundreds of years the Gracies r good at what they do as well as great bus. minds but research where their jj came from before u just spout from ur rear.
    Thanks for your post. No, MMA is not going to various schools to train. People know that MMA is mixing different ranges to fight in a specific rule-set called MMA. Your website is worded funny and it has nothing to do with being or not being an English teacher.

You know what is funny? When someone your age complains about youngsters and promptly start using text speech. You know which was created in the time period for youngsters.

Enforcer of Northeast Anti-Silliness Department Inc.

Posted On:
    6/05/2011 11:35am

supporting member
     Style: Kaju, BJJ, Judo, Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for at least breaking that huge run-on sentence up a bit IIF. From what I've gathered from that, Mr. Marshall is a 6th degree Black Belt in Japanese Jiu-Jitsu, and has instructors and students of his cross-train under BJ Penn, having attained blue and purple belts.

His students compete in an array of tournaments ranging from demonstration competition, to point fighting, to submission grappling and MMA. They are ranked in JJJ under the namesake of "Combat Jiu-Jitsu" through Mr. Marshall, and those that cross train are ranked in BJJ under Penn or at least an affiliate of Penn's.

I don't see anything malicious or misleading here in regards to how the school is run, unless I am missing something.
    Knowing is not enough, you must apply...
    ...Willing is not enough you must do
    ~Bruce Lee

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/05/2011 11:38am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes, that is what some of us have been saying since the beginning. No one said malicious.

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/05/2011 11:40am

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by fenris9 View Post
    I think it's more than an implication given that not a lot of people do MMA/Jiu-jitsu (we mean Japanese jiu-jitsu, wink) And, then to spell it in the Brazilian manner rather than Jujitsu. Lastly, the BJJ Logo and discussion of BJJ on the front page makes it pretty obvious what he's trying to get people to think
    Ugh, not this crap again. Dude, get over the spelling. Insinuating and saying are two totally different things.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/06/2011 6:20am

Style: BJJ and Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for dropping by the thread marshallmma, its always a good thing when the subject of OP comes by to clear things up and speaks his point. IMO theres nothing immoral or unethical about tailoring your MA to cash in on the popularity of MMA/grappling as long you dont claim any false credentials, which I dont believe you have. Welcome to Bullshido.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    6/06/2011 7:57am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mr. Marshall's writing is malicious. It made my head hurt like someone punched me in it. Please never assault me with your eternal sentences again. Really, if you're going to go on a public forum and defend your business, you should take the time to structure your thoughts so you don't look like an ignoramus to potential students who will read it.

Like I said, I'm not seeing a problem otherwise. I do disagree with his assessment of what constitutes MMA. However, if he's putting students in the cage to compete, I don't see any point in splitting hairs.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 123 45 LastLast