Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 6789 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    3/24/2004 12:10pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ - Homeland Security

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You wouldn't belive how easy it is to throw people who have no experience resisting a takedown. This is more applicable to self-defence than it is to MMA, but if someone in the ring has is ignorant of Judo you could probably pull off any given throw once or twice before they figured out how to resist it.

Karo Parisyan got plenty of throws in against guys who knew how to resist takedowns, so either he is exceptionally gifted or his opponents were just not expecting it.
    Last edited by Dreadnought; 3/24/2004 3:25pm at .

Posted On:
    3/24/2004 3:04pm

Style: judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's not as easy to choke someone going for a seionage as everyone seems to think. It's VERY difficult on someone who's good. And really I don't see anyone doing it to a good judoka except for a BETTER JUDOKA, who knows how to counter throws well.
    You want some birth control? You can smoke a cigarette.

Posted On:
    3/24/2004 3:31pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ - Homeland Security

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by mikus
    It's not as easy to choke someone going for a seionage as everyone seems to think. It's VERY difficult on someone who's good. And really I don't see anyone doing it to a good judoka except for a BETTER JUDOKA, who knows how to counter throws well.
    Exactly. If someone sees an ippon seoi-nage coming in time to do a choke, they might as well use te guruma.

Here is what goes through your head when someone counters your throw with te guruma: "Hey why isn't he going over OH **** where is the floo*BANG* (IPPON!).... oh... there it is."
    Last edited by Dreadnought; 3/24/2004 3:47pm at .

Posted On:
    3/24/2004 3:41pm

Style: Boxing, Solar Ray Attack

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i've used hip throws to some effect...a lot of times when you grapple there are openings for a simple throw. I'd hate to discount somthing that has worked well for me in the past.

hey mikus
    "i shake and bake and bake it, like betty crocker. I use a marker, draw your face in a sketch, like an artist"
    http://woodwardswhiskey.wordpress.com/

He was punching him like the collective karmic debt he'd accrued was coming to collections, mostly on his face.

Grandmaster Sensei of Village Idiocy

Posted On:
    3/25/2004 3:59am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kyokushin and Judo.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hell, to counter a throw is not hard. My Bujinkan (ninjutsu) instructer knew heaps of ways to defed against a throw. You guys pay out ninjutsu. But I can tell you know if you tried to throw any of the guys I trained with, you'd get owned no doubt about it. Unless of coarse your a national judo champion or something along those lines.
    Hannibal: The sworn enemy of dishonest politicians, source of entertainment on Bullshido and newly appointed Office Linebacker. Terry Tait ain't got **** on me !!!!

Motorboatin SOB

Posted On:
    3/25/2004 4:08am

supporting member
     Style: Judo and BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sure he did...he could defend against a throw from some ninja wannabe like you. Great...very impressive. Thats like me saying Aikido training would allow me to easily throw a boxer because they worked on the other people in class.
    Hell, every Judo person knows thousands of counters, and counters to those counters.
    Hannibal, I believe you are the dumbest poster on Bullshido. Congrats!
    And that's when I figured out that tears couldn't make somebody who was dead alive again. There's another thing to learn about tears, they can't make somebody who doesn't love you any more love you again. It's the same with prayers. I wonder how much of their lives people waste crying and praying to God. If you ask me, the devil makes more sense than God does. I can at least see why people would want him around. It's good to have somebody to blame for the bad stuff they do. Maybe God's there because people get scared of all the bad stuff they do. They figure that God and the Devil are always playing this game of tug-of-war game with them. And they never know which side they're gonna wind up on. I guess that tug-of-war idea explains how sometimes, even when people try to do something good, it still turns out bad.

Posted On:
    3/25/2004 4:27am

Style: MMA-Vale Tudo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well i have seen Judo in mma, and i happen to know alot of fighters now are adding judo to there resamay, randy couture etc.... plus we have a few fighters that have there primary style as judo, yoshida, then there is his student yashero(something) and we have gomi the guy who beat the west -side stranggler last pride. Also under gene there is another mma fighter in UFC.
    Once a fighter, Always a fighter. Shawn
    -Styles i train in-
    Judo
    Bjj
    Mtkickboxing
    Western boxing
    Wrestling

Titan

Posted On:
    3/25/2004 4:29am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It doesn't get much gayer than, "my Ninja master would beat you."
    "You realise the transformations give a man enough strength to destroy a truck with his bare hands!?
    YOU HAVE BETRAYED ME, IN THE WORST POSSIBLE MANNER!!" - KiWarrior

"Sport ? That kind of thing's not my bag baby!" - Sammy Franco

"This system was developed with the help of notible BJJ fighter Ribbon Muchado." - "Sifu" Anthony Iglesias

Posted On:
    3/25/2004 4:33am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hannibal. if judo throws are so easily defended then why do you want to take judo?

Grandmaster Sensei of Village Idiocy

Posted On:
    3/25/2004 4:41am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kyokushin and Judo.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Because I like grappling and there is no BJJ anywear near me at all. Besides I've got quite a good Judo club here. I mean really spacious,brand new olympic mats the instructer was an ex olympian or ex olympic coach ? One or the otherand its quite cheap too.Anyway since BJJ is similar to Judo I thought Judo would be the next logical move for me to make to improve on grappling.Oh I also know the instructer there loves doing groundwork. Just something one of the other guys mentioned too me after I asked why so much groundfighting as opposed to standup sparring.
    Hannibal: The sworn enemy of dishonest politicians, source of entertainment on Bullshido and newly appointed Office Linebacker. Terry Tait ain't got **** on me !!!!
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 6789 ... LastLast