Certified Fitness Trainer

Posted On:
    4/01/2004 9:57pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Judo, Jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Your Advice?

I went into my WT school today to cancel my autopayments. I did this mostly because I'm moving soon, but I admit partly because I'm not sure if WT is what I want to stick with. While I was there, my Sifu gave me a very interesting offer.

He said that if I can make Student Grade 7 before I leave (which is only one rank away), that I'd be capable of starting a training group in California. I wouldn't be running an official school or anything, it would sort of be a sattelite school of his, in a way. I would train a small group, maybe 5 or 10 people, and he would come up several times a year to both teach me new material, and to give us all comprehensive seminars.

The benefit of doing this would be, of course I'd have people I could train with. I'd be able to commit to studying BJJ, which I've already set my mind on doing no matter what. I also could train the group the way I feel training should be.. with fully resisting opponents, free sparring at a decent contact level and all that. I'd also be learning good grappling, so I could put various aspects of WT to the test, and train them accordingly.

The downside is that I would basically be committing to learning WT as my primary stand-up style, and I'm not completely sure if this is what I want. I wouldn't have to stick to PURE WT if I didn't want to, but even so. I'd already come up with my own real simple brand of striking to train on my own time when I moved, but even so, this prospect has me interested. The main con is that I'm not sure whether or not I'm interested enough in sticking with WT.

Thoughts, feelings, opinions, flames?
    Click To Get My Free Training Newsletter... Do It NOW!

"You all just got fucking owned.";
    "TaeBo_Master and GajusCaesar just scored 10,000,000 points on all you pawns."

- The Wastrel

Such as thou art, sometime was I.

Posted On:
    4/01/2004 9:59pm

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Do it. Make Wing Tsun YOURS, and then improve at that. On the other hand, don't commit to any formal business arrangements.
    Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the **** I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/01/2004 10:07pm

supporting memberhall of famestaff
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Go with you feel. If you dont' think WT should be your primary free movement style, then don't do it.

Just giving you the other side of the coin in advice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    4/01/2004 10:12pm

Join us... or die
     Style: I wear pants

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Re: Your Advice?

Originally posted by TaeBo_Master

The downside is that I would basically be committing to learning WT as my primary stand-up style, and I'm not completely sure if this is what I want. I wouldn't have to stick to PURE WT if I didn't want to, but even so. I'd already come up with my own real simple brand of striking to train on my own time when I moved, but even so, this prospect has me interested. The main con is that I'm not sure whether or not I'm interested enough in sticking with WT.

Thoughts, feelings, opinions, flames?
    Wing chun is great if you prefer hitting like a girl.
    Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/01/2004 10:14pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes, but since girls hit harder than your ***** ass, who are you to speak.

UAAAH!

Posted On:
    4/01/2004 10:15pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow, there's some patheticly shitty trolling in this thread.
    Tough is not how you act, tough is how you train.

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/01/2004 10:16pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    God help you if you are carrying an AK74 though.

I fear KFS in that situation, until I pull the trigger 100 yards away anway.
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    4/01/2004 10:21pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by omega
    Yes, but since girls hit harder than your ***** ass, who are you to speak.
    I find it interesting you would hold females in such high regard Omegi, I can only assume that you must've gotten your rear kicked by a few of them in the past. :D
    Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    4/01/2004 10:23pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by Anthony
    God help you if you are carrying an AK74 though.

I fear KFS in that situation, until I pull the trigger 100 yards away anway.
    You know, I've been wondering this for a while now, have you gained weight or does that picture just make you look fat?

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/01/2004 10:27pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by Kungfoolss
    You know, I've been wondering this for a while now, have you gained weight or does that picture just make you look fat?
    OOOOHHHHHH YYYYEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!

I got under KFS skin! Look at that witty comeback, the rapier wit is razor sharp!

The sad thing is that it's one of those accomplishments that are in the league of being potty trained.

Tell me again KFS, what is your claim to fame other than being the "Premier Cowardly Poster" on Bullshido?
Page 1 of 7 1 2345 ... LastLast