Page 5 of 5 First 12345
  1. #41
    alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    8,202
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by devil View Post
    Same thing with Kimbo Slice. Trashed the **** out of him in Elite XC then talked him up once he got his paws on him.
    uh really? from what i can tell, he talked **** about him, got him onto TUF where he showed that he actually isnt that great, then gave him a few fights where he got beat up, then shitcanned him. i dont recall Dana raving about him at any point. it seemed to me he bought him in with the sole purpose of proving that he ISNT all that.

  2. #42
    Colin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Tasmania, Australia
    Posts
    3,121
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    uh really? from what i can tell, he talked **** about him, got him onto TUF where he showed that he actually isnt that great, then gave him a few fights where he got beat up, then shitcanned him. i dont recall Dana raving about him at any point. it seemed to me he bought him in with the sole purpose of proving that he ISNT all that.
    This is PROBABLY true, but I personally guess that when Dana really turned against him, is when Kimbo lost his first fight to Nelson sitting on him, and then begged and begged for another fight, and then Dana GAVE HIM another fight, and he turned it down.

    Being a contestant on TUF, and then pulling out of the fight?
    If he didn't think he was ready to fight, he shouldn't have been on the show.

    How many of you would have liked to be on TUF in his place? I'm guessing most of you.

  3. #43
    His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten. supporting member
    Devil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    7,439
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    uh really? from what i can tell, he talked **** about him, got him onto TUF where he showed that he actually isnt that great, then gave him a few fights where he got beat up, then shitcanned him. i dont recall Dana raving about him at any point. it seemed to me he bought him in with the sole purpose of proving that he ISNT all that.
    Well, **** you to hell, granny fucker.

    Yeah, you've got a point. Probably not the best example. Dana is still full of **** most of the time though and you can't believe anything he says about fighters. Especially rankings.

  4. #44

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Keep going North until I say stop
    Posts
    2,109
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by devil View Post
    Well, **** you to hell, granny fucker.

    Yeah, you've got a point. Probably not the best example. Dana is still full of **** most of the time though and you can't believe anything he says about fighters. Especially rankings.
    Dana's job is to grow the brand. Period. He will steamroll fighters who don't do that for him, and promote the ones who sell tickets. He knows fighters and how the train, but his bias is clear.

    Expecting an unbiased, fact only assessment of a fighter would be unreasonable from almost anyone. From Dana it's absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by pauli
    i was once told that "do" means wrecking people's **** for your own philosophical betterment.

    Quote Originally Posted by melvin_peebles
    I could be mistaking dumbness for delusion. I'll have to go dig out my DSM IV. It's great to have stumbled upon this site. The rich fauna and flora of mental dysfunction that exists in the martial arts is amazing. It's like the Galapagos.

  5. #45
    bobyclumsyninja's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Bahstun
    Posts
    7,058
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He formed that expectation with his self-heralded 'man who built mma' thing. He's trying to be the grandad, and the crazy uncle....doesn't work.

  6. #46
    His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten. supporting member
    Devil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    7,439
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobyclumsyninja View Post
    He formed that expectation with his self-heralded 'man who built mma' thing. He's trying to be the grandad, and the crazy uncle....doesn't work.
    Exactly.

Page 5 of 5 First 12345

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO