Our Sponsors:

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 5 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/31/2011 3:43pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dana has had a throbbing blue veiner hate on for Nelson as soon as he showed up at TUF 10. It only got worse when Nelson won. In Dana's eyes Nelson represents the bad ol' days of the UFC. Nelson might as well be the second coming of "Tank" Abbott or even Scot Ferazzo.

For the record I love Roy. Even though he lost to Mir and JDS he never resorted to lay and pray. I hope Dana doesn't use this last loss as a fig leaf to shitcan Nelson.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    5/31/2011 3:54pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Apple View Post
    Dana has had a throbbing blue veiner hate on for Nelson as soon as he showed up at TUF 10. It only got worse when Nelson won. In Dana's eyes Nelson represents the bad ol' days of the UFC. Nelson might as well be the second coming of "Tank" Abbott or even Scot Ferazzo.

For the record I love Roy. Even though he lost to Mir and JDS he never resorted to lay and pray. I hope Dana doesn't use this last loss as a fig leaf to shitcan Nelson.
    I don't think Nelson will get shitcanned. I do fully expect an ultimatum. I can see him telling Roy to make 205 for his next fight or GTFO.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    5/31/2011 3:58pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Latest news story is that Nelson had pneumonia prior to the fight and that's the reason for all his huffing and puffing during the fight. Hmmm. Likely story maybe, but it does make sense.

Posted On:
    5/31/2011 5:07pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphilis View Post
    Don't talk trash. period. If Dana knows better, he should show professional fighters how its done then.
    Why not? Other pro sports do it at different levels. I didn't watch the post-fight press conference as I don't care to hear the same rhetoric I hear over and over,
    Ever see Nate Quarry vs Kalib Starnes? Dana White had a lot to say after the fight, was that justified?

Quote Originally Posted by devil View Post
    I don't think Nelson will get shitcanned. I do fully expect an ultimatum. I can see him telling Roy to make 205 for his next fight or GTFO.
    When has the UFC ever done that?

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    this isnt really related but bro can you shut the **** up with the SF heavyweight crap? since when are Roy and Mir considered top of HW? of course overroids would smoke them both, he is the best HW on the strikeforce roster, they are gatekeepers at best. Now if you start talking JDS, Carwin, Velasquez...

This is referring to news conferences with Dana White where he said in multiple ways UFC had the best heavyweights in the world etc etc.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

:)

Posted On:
    5/31/2011 5:37pm

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    this isnt really related but bro can you shut the **** up with the SF heavyweight crap? since when are Roy and Mir considered top of HW? of course overroids would smoke them both, he is the best HW on the strikeforce roster, they are gatekeepers at best. Now if you start talking JDS, Carwin, Velasquez...
    Nope.
    This is referring to news conferences with Dana White where he said in multiple ways UFC had the best heavyweights in the world etc etc.
    yep.

Mma is a one-on-one sport. Put Fedor, Silva, Werdum, Overeem, and Barnett, against JDS, Cain, Brock, Mir, and Roy...and I don't know....it wouldn't be a clean sweep by the UFC, IMO.
    I'm not a fair-weather fan, and SF getting bought by Zuffa, doesn't mean it's proven SF has inferior fighters at HW. It only shows who's got the deep pockets, outside of the cage.

The unrealistic expectations set up for the UFC HW's by DW's mouth, now provide mockery fodder, for fans of the sport, rather than one brand, every time they perform in a lackluster manner.

Brock, Roy, Mir = subpar, of late.

Posted On:
    5/31/2011 7:17pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PizDoff View Post

When has the UFC ever done that?
    Never. Don't make me back up my argument with logic. If the magic eight ball says it's happening, then I believe it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/01/2011 9:26am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by devil View Post

Why stop at 205 ?

Somewhere underneath all that is a future welterweight

....and he was delicious

Boneheaded Optimist

Posted On:
    6/01/2011 10:16am

supporting member
     Style: Wado Kai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't think Dana is stupid. A lot of people have underestimated him in the past, but he is running the show - because he's very good at it.

Devil sounds like he wants a Don King style promoter who never says anything bad about his own fighters and they are all the best of all time.

DW is saying what he believes the AVERAGE UFC fan is thinking. Not the die hards (like you guys), but the ones who only tune in occassionally - and don't know a lot about grappling.

He knows that a fight like that doesn't inspire people to watch the NEXT PPV, so if he slams the fighters in question he sends two messages:

1.) To the Fighters: Don't be boring, or you will stay on my **** list.

2.) To the fans: I know it's a problem, and I'll fix it.
    Quote Originally Posted by pauli
    i was once told that "do" means wrecking people's **** for your own philosophical betterment.

Quote Originally Posted by melvin_peebles
    I could be mistaking dumbness for delusion. I'll have to go dig out my DSM IV. It's great to have stumbled upon this site. The rich fauna and flora of mental dysfunction that exists in the martial arts is amazing. It's like the Galapagos.

Posted On:
    6/01/2011 10:26am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Feryk View Post
    Devil sounds like he wants a Don King style promoter who never says anything bad about his own fighters and they are all the best of all time.
    Don King is a shitbird. But Dana's really no better as far as the amount of bullshit that falls from his mouth. He talked so much crap for years about how Fedor is overrated just because he didn't have him on the roster. Same thing with Kimbo Slice. Trashed the **** out of him in Elite XC then talked him up once he got his paws on him.

But really - I can understand all that. He's supposed to try to make his organization look like expensive champagne and make all other organizations look like Mad Dog. I get that. But why trash your own product? It's unwise. I know Dana's smart. But he's not infallible.

Ninja Fruit

Posted On:
    6/01/2011 2:36pm

Style: JKD, Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think Dana's a real fight fan too. I see him get amped over fights and disappointed over them. So if he doesn't like a fight or a fighter he talks ****; sometimes the fan comes out.

I betcha that the Fertitas smack Dana around from time to time for some of the dumb **** he spews, too.
    "Never trust a quote you read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 5 LastLast