Our Sponsors:

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 123 45 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    5/29/2011 11:52pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by devil View Post
    My main concern is that it's bad for the sport when he pressures his fighters to have a certain type of gameplan that puts oohs and aahs above all other considerations. MMA fighters have refined their craft and developed superior skill and fighting strategy over the years. Now Dana wants to turn them all into Kimbo Slice. It's a step backwards.
    Yeah I don't agree with it, but that's why he's doing it. I mean if these guys do try to put on exciting fights and still lose, Dana is still going to cut them after 2 losses in a row. Also, the UFC isn't going to be paying for their health care when old injuries start affecting fighters when they get older. I just can't even imagine what it would be like to be an old fighter with brain damage from getting hit in the head too much while being broke.

Posted On:
    5/30/2011 12:11am

Style: Gym drifter

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm also tired of watching TUF and seeing all this BS when they need to pick a fighter and Dana's always like "I want the guy who wants it the most". You know what, Dana, there's a lot of people that want it, but most of them sure as **** don't deserve it. Remember before Brock when Dana was cursing out Fedor and calling him a fraud and ****. When Brock came up he saw that Fedor was getting too old and Brock was at his gorrila prime, he stopped talking **** and started talking money. Dana is a douche to the end. Also most of the UFC looks down on fighters who get injured and actually care about their health. From when ever a TUF fighter takes it easy in practice before or after a fight, to GSP taking retena damage and his trainer kept saying he doesn't care.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBadGuy
    The Dog kid's mom is parked next to me in the parking lot. He runs up and asks me a question. "Hey dude, where did you learn that stuff?"

"That was grappling. Real MMA."

"Where do I go for that?"

I was a little shocked. Sure, he changed sides quickly, but I guess even a dog can realize it has more in common with the wolf than with the shephard.

I give him the names of some BJJ schools in the area, and we go our separate ways.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/30/2011 4:02am

Style: BJJ, Boxing, Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don't talk trash. period. If Dana knows better, he should show professional fighters how its done then.

I liked the Mir & Roy fight. Mir has always been fun to watch; he's not a guaranteed win (or loss) and thats what makes it exciting. He's human. Roy too. A fat human. Wouldn't cut either of them; Roy is awesome at getting KO'd while still providing a legitimate threat to fighters / putting up a good fight. He does need a better gastank, or a body more suited to his current.

:)

Posted On:
    5/30/2011 10:04am

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Aren't these a couple of the guys that were supposed to make someone like Fedor look terrible. The real cream-of-the-crop? That's what I was listening to for years. Oh they're in the UFC HWs, they must be better. In my opinion, the 'reem would eat these two alive, same w/ Bigfoot, Werdum, and Russian Rocky.

Frank Mir's mouth belies his record. If they both came into the fight with shitty gastanks, then they deserve some scorn...perhaps not from their boss and promoter...but from fans. What the hell are they doing? It's like a singer forgetting his lyrics, pretty basic requirement.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/30/2011 12:35pm

Style: Keyboard Warrior

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis17 View Post
    I just can't even imagine what it would be like to be an old fighter with brain damage from getting hit in the head too much while being broke.
    Can't be fun. Lots of boxers who sustained brain injuries from taking repeated blows to the head and ended up broke are out there. There is (eventually) a significant health trade-off to be made for delivering those exciting fights.

Wonder if DW is still pissed off at Frank Mir for the UFC 119 main event with Cro Cop. Dana did back off on some of his statements. One of the best things about the fight between Mir and Cro Cop was probably the commentary (except if you like to watch Frank get kicked in the balls or the knee KO finish). Joe Rogan made some amusing comments on the lack of action.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    5/30/2011 4:19pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I personally think Mir did exactly what he should've done in the Cro Cop fight. It was a snooze fest, but put yourself in his position. He had the beatings from Lesnar and Carwin fresh in his mind. If he had lost to Cro Cop, who's at the end of his career, he would've been in serious danger of getting cut. Plus, Cro Cop is always a dangerous striker, so a cautious gameplan was in order for Mir.

Dana can say whatever he wants, but there's nothing more detrimental to a fighter's future in the UFC than a losing streak. Mir did what he needed to. Now he's right back in the mix and he should be getting a big fight next. I can't second guess that. The end justifies the means.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/30/2011 8:21pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I didn't even see a problem with the Mir/Nelson fight. They were both going full out for 2 rounds, hell Nelson was driving Mir into the cage like a bulldozer. Yeah, Nelson gassed by the third, but so would just about every other heavyweight fighter going at the pace. Not to mention he took at least 3 solid knees to the head which would have slowed down anyone. I suspect he thought it'd be a lot easier to take Mir down and lay on top of him, so he wasn't conserving any of his energy early on.

The funny thing is Rogan kept going on about how great Nelson's cardio is, and how he'd forced Dos Santos to a decision. He even pointed out how that gut was beneficial in a lot of ways. Then afterwards it was a bunch of crap about how he's just lazy and needs to drop 65 lbs. Seriously, at what point are people going to stop giving Nelson **** for being fat? There is no way in hell he'll ever fight at 205.

Also, as others have been saying, it's Dana's fault for making winning the number one priority in the UFC. I've never been able to stomach the fact that he cut Nick Diaz after 3 flat out fantastic fights, that he just happened to lose. If he really gave a **** about fighters with balls, he should have kept paying them.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    5/30/2011 11:00pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobyclumsyninja View Post
    Aren't these a couple of the guys that were supposed to make someone like Fedor look terrible. The real cream-of-the-crop? That's what I was listening to for years. Oh they're in the UFC HWs, they must be better. In my opinion, the 'reem would eat these two alive, same w/ Bigfoot, Werdum, and Russian Rocky.
    this isnt really related but bro can you shut the **** up with the SF heavyweight crap? since when are Roy and Mir considered top of HW? of course overroids would smoke them both, he is the best HW on the strikeforce roster, they are gatekeepers at best. Now if you start talking JDS, Carwin, Velasquez...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/31/2011 6:17am

Style: BJJ, Boxing, Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Barrett View Post
    I didn't even see a problem with the Mir/Nelson fight. They were both going full out for 2 rounds, hell Nelson was driving Mir into the cage like a bulldozer. Yeah, Nelson gassed by the third, but so would just about every other heavyweight fighter going at the pace. Not to mention he took at least 3 solid knees to the head which would have slowed down anyone. I suspect he thought it'd be a lot easier to take Mir down and lay on top of him, so he wasn't conserving any of his energy early on.
    This is what I saw, and it was actually one of the better fights to watch.
    Mir put punishment on Nelson. Nelson slows down. but of course. You're supposed to leave it all out there, if you gas in the third round, after a two round war, that's not too unexpected man. Can't fault a guy too much for that.

Mir couldn't put him away. Roy has a hard head right? From what I remember from his previous fights he does. He also comes with a gameplan, such as for example, with Kimbo Slice. Mir knows Roy can fucking grapple, so why go to the ground too much with him? Play it conservatively and win through solid striking. It worked and it was a good match. Of course they both got tired. Don't we expect them to? They're heavyweight athletes leaving it all out there.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/31/2011 12:18pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Many call Dana i bitch and a douche
    but i think there is more to his statements than just bitching like it is fake said
    he is setting thinks up.

people need to realise that Dana white is also a buisnessman and his comments are well thought out most of the time

lets be honest a man in his position can not affort to make to many stupit statements
    there is more than likely a PR guy behind his statements
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 123 45 LastLast