218358 Bullies, 6804 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    5/29/2011 11:18am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, but Mir's a pretty good representative of the sport. He's a **** talker, but he's intelligent and well spoken. He could be useful to the company after retirement from fighting.

There's really never a situation in business where it makes sense to trash your own product in front of your customers. I'm having a hard time seeing an exception to that rule here.

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/29/2011 11:27am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We are talking past each other. Our differences is I think it is smart business you do not. Everything else we agree with. It is dumb to demonize or set high expectations for people. When they change or fail it reflects poorly on you (impersonal) and that person. It also makes life harder, especially in this instant information age, for each party.

Still when it works well, either way, you profit. I've seen this at low and high levels. I'll agree it is a terrible business model, but it works.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    5/29/2011 11:53am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Okay, we'll agree to disagree on whether Dana's doing the best thing to improve his bottom line.

On a related note - I wonder why Mir gets so much **** lately for the way he fights but Lesnar gets a pass for looking like a complete amateur in his last two fights (even in his victory over Carwin).

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    5/29/2011 12:11pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i CAN'T believe that roy nelson won't lose enough weight so he could cut to 205

C'mon roy

you don't have to WALK AROUND WEIGHING 205

Just get there by weighins
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Posted On:
    5/29/2011 12:16pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCache View Post

C'mon roy

I agree 100%. I mean, what the hell? He shouldn't be allowed to fight again at Heavyweight.

On hiatus

Posted On:
    5/29/2011 1:02pm

supporting member
     Style: Getting fat.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't have a problem with his belly. But I do have a problem with his gastank. That was a new low for him.
    Hell, I've got a better gastank than that. And I didn't have an upcoming fight for the past 2 months.

That said, he still is a natural heavyweight, even without the belly.

P.S. Mir's gastank was pretty weak too. It would've cost him against a fit to fight opponent.
    Last edited by Tranquil Suit; 5/29/2011 1:08pm at .

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Posted On:
    5/29/2011 7:33pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    From the little I've learned from watching Dana, I don't think he really sees his fighters as people but just commodities to be exploited. He doesn't care if fighters get injured, fight injured, or put themselves at risk. The only exceptions being popular fighters (because he can exploit them long term), but once your popularity goes down from losing fights, then you're out. Doesn't matter if you fought injured or just had a bad night.

He's probably trash talking them just to pressure them into being more aggressive and taking more risks.

He wants his fighters to put on exciting fights and finish opponents, and doesn't care if they have to put themselves at risk, if it interferes with their game plan for the fight, or if it's just not their style to be overly aggressive. He also doesn't have to be as diplomatic now that they own Strikeforce. Doesn't have to worry about fighters leaving.
    Last edited by Travis17; 5/29/2011 7:42pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/29/2011 8:23pm

Style: Karate-knockdown, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCache View Post

C'mon roy

Best statement of the day right there. Roy, two words for you: Jenny Craig

Posted On:
    5/29/2011 10:41pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis17 View Post
    From the little I've learned from watching Dana, I don't think he really sees his fighters as people but just commodities to be exploited. He doesn't care if fighters get injured, fight injured, or put themselves at risk. The only exceptions being popular fighters (because he can exploit them long term), but once your popularity goes down from losing fights, then you're out. Doesn't matter if you fought injured or just had a bad night.

He's probably trash talking them just to pressure them into being more aggressive and taking more risks.

He wants his fighters to put on exciting fights and finish opponents, and doesn't care if they have to put themselves at risk, if it interferes with their game plan for the fight, or if it's just not their style to be overly aggressive. He also doesn't have to be as diplomatic now that they own Strikeforce. Doesn't have to worry about fighters leaving.
    My main concern is that it's bad for the sport when he pressures his fighters to have a certain type of gameplan that puts oohs and aahs above all other considerations. MMA fighters have refined their craft and developed superior skill and fighting strategy over the years. Now Dana wants to turn them all into Kimbo Slice. It's a step backwards.

:)

Posted On:
    5/29/2011 11:04pm

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    DW made safety-first a priority, by being cut-happy. He's resenting the product of his own fickle fighter-axe.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast