Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/30/2011 11:30am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    One more thing, you will never be taken seriously insulting other validated LEO instructors training on this website. Yes, that is exactly what you have done in your good bye post.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 5/30/2011 11:35am at .

My dog is cuter and smarter than yours.

Posted On:
    5/30/2011 11:34am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kodokan Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Python View Post
    It always amazes me about these people who either provide training or give advice on Defensive Tactics for law enforcement but yet never been in law enforcement especially as a street cop. How can one know what or does not work if they have never experienced the job. That is like me trying to give a class on race car driving but yet never been on the track.
    Gullibility on the part of LEO agencies and military, or some sort of resume padding perhaps?
    Falling for Judo since 1980

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/30/2011 2:19pm

Style: BJJ, Libre, Street Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Intrepid North......as you have found out this is not just any type forum. You have to provide information about yourself in order to be taken serious. There are many people that go on forums and make all kinds of claims and lies. Bullshido takes their business serious as I myself found out the hard way....lol. Once I provided sufficient proof, which I did not mind, of my credentials and background I was welcomed with open arms.

I suggest you start over and provide more about yourself. We already know you have no LEO or military background...we figured that out four pages ago. However we are not clear about your martial arts background yet. I suggest you start giving us at least that for starters. Whether it is was Karate, Kung Fu, Jiu-Jitsu or whatever, just tell us what you trained in over the years besides this Defendo stuff you keep mentioning.

Posted On:
    5/30/2011 2:29pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is from his facebook info: I bolded the ninja reference. You will notice he lists is first in line.

That alone makes me wonder.
    Basic Info

Name:~ Canadian Combatives ~ Category:Sports & Recreation - Martial ArtsDescription:Military Combative Training for Law Enforcement, Security Personnel and Civilians. Training is set up into modules don't join for years, train for days.

The Curriculum is a fusion of Ninjutsu / American Combatives / Jeet Kune Do, Street tested and Battlefield Proven.

Personal Protection Redefined!Privacy Type:Open: All content is public.

Posted On:
    5/30/2011 2:34pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Forgive me if I'm stating the obvious.

Isn't this a common sort of Internet MA marketing scheme these days? Building up a e-rep based on social networking skills and perhaps a few contacts (maybe cohorts in the scheme or gullible "customers") as he has listed? Then kind of hoping for a snowball effect as more and more people inquire and fewer and fewer demand real credentials. Eventually you end up being a legend with no or very little basis in reality.

I mean, what's so hard about listing the MA one has trained in for how long and with whom?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/30/2011 2:40pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes BKR you are right.......if he trained in Ninjutsu or any other martial art then he should admit to it. What is the damn secret!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/30/2011 3:00pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I found a video on Intrepid North/Defendo.......hmmmm, looks like Krav Maga to me. As usual no resistance when applying the techniques. I don't see what I saw on this video working in real life.

http://youtu.be/UKN_AcrPnuU
    Last edited by Team Python; 5/30/2011 3:03pm at .

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/30/2011 3:13pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You don't know what you are talking about because, you don't teach in his circles.

*sarcasm*

Yea, I saw that video and didn't post it in the hopes he would add to the community.

Posted On:
    5/30/2011 3:17pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Python View Post
    I found a video on Intrepid North/Defendo.......hmmmm, looks like Krav Maga to me. As usual no resistance when applying the techniques. I don't see what I saw on this video working in real life.

http://youtu.be/UKN_AcrPnuU
    I saw a video on a website with him taking down a guy by the classic ninja face grab technique, I think it was in front of a bunch of Canadian military. The guy he took down actually put his own legs in the correct position for the classic leg figure 4 leg tie up before he even got there.

That one did it for me.

Ben

Posted On:
    5/30/2011 3:21pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'll damn it with faint praise. There seems to be lots of emphasis a variation of a face palm which seeks to jab/obstruct the eye, and move into head control. This is not bad, but without seeing how these moves are set up, and then trained against a resisting opponent, its nothing special or out of the ordinary.

Incidently I don't mind that he posted some endorsements from LEOs who have taken his class, and used their names (a point in his favor) but there are reasons for letters of recommendation which specifically explain why a course was so great as verses a blurb. I still don't know why his training is better then say, the average DT that any officer receives during their police academy training.

Ways for him to make his marketing better.

1) A ten minute introductory lesson on his site showing what he can teach. It can be basic, basic, basic, you take a technique, explain the principles that make it work, show several varations that would say make it work against someone much taller then you, and then show some resistant type drills you can practice.

2) If M Ayoob, thought this guys material was really good, I'd reconsider my opinion.
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 678 LastLast