Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/30/2011 8:40am

supporting member
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Intrepid North View Post

Team Python: This is what sent me on the direction I have been going on since 2004. My particular background has been in Underwood's DEFENDO and COMBATO systems and I was teaching those systems to LEO's and Mil operators
    What is the organization that you are certified to teach those systems? The only one I could find was this one:

http://www.defendo.co.uk/instructors.html

But I didn't see you one there. However, I will admit that I haven't done much research into the system.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/30/2011 8:44am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No it is not. Clive is a good guy and I did original DEFENDO with him years ago. I was essentially his Instructor but this has nothing at all to do with Immediate Recall or what I do now.
    Well, it must have something to do with it, since this is your background that you are teaching from, correct?

http://www.combatosociety.com/index.php/history

Canadian Use of Force System’s roots and heritage is in the original work of Canadian unarmed combat innovator, Bill Underwood and his DEFENDO and COMBATO systems. Robbie Cressman played a leading role internationally in the revival and preservation of Mr. Underwood’s systems and this quest put him in touch with Camp-X expert Lynn Philip Hodgson and AVRO Arrow original leading authority Greig Stewart.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/30/2011 9:01am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Canadian Combatives

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok.. Roger that Diesel.

I am not willing to splash what I do all over the net and I am not a local Police College Instructor who focuses on training local general division officers. (Now I am not saying that this is what Team Python does nor am I suggesting local instructors are not good at what they do, what I do is different.)

A phone call??? Anyone?

I referenced Suffolk County PD in one of my threads. Give a call to Mike Santarpia over at the Academy and he will verify I came down from Canada to teach a course to DT Instructors from all over New York a couple of years ago. I came to him because I have taught Suffolk SWAT members numerous times at New York Division, FBI SWAT Schools. I was also about to put on a Tactical Medic Training back in April along with Alex Velez over at Elizabeth PD in New Jersey. Because of econcomic considerations we put if off and will try again in the fall but the contact at Elizabeth PD is Jim Sacca. Try him as well.

Taking 10 seconds, as I have to run out for a meeting... I grabed a couple of available quotes from some US guys. I don't think they would mind me posting them. If you doubt, take the name and call the agency and talk with them.

Robbie,
    So great to hear from you brother. I am still benefiting from the tactics you taught my class at the FBI SWAT school in NJ. I have used some of the techniques at work and have been extremely impressed by the results. Please send me information on the Society and any new courses from your school. I look forward to hearing back from you. Thanks again for all you do.

Charles Mollineaux
    Belleville Police Department
    Emergency Services Unit
    Belleville NJ

Robbie,
    Even though I was unable to actually participate in the training ( I was the one who had hernia surgery 5 days prior to the training ), I thought it was great stuff and very much useful for the close quarter type of fights that happen in a courtroom setting. I'm still not 100% but I'm back running our firearms unit and have incorporated some of your training methods into our gun retention classes and received very positive responses from our officers.
    Thomas Lavan
    New York Courts

Ok.. lastly. Guys I can be had on SKYPE. My handle is robbie.cressman1
    I am very willing to connect with a couple of you and walk you through the focus of our system. If you don't want to do that and won't make a couple of calls then I am not starting to try to hard and it doesn't make sense. Let me know. Gotta run.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/30/2011 9:04am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Diesel... read my previous thread.. that is my background but is not Immediate Recall and I did not take techniques into IR from DEFENDO. There are no joint locks, arm bars, isolated pressure points etc... in IR. Will respond more later guys. Have to get out the door. Have a good day.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/30/2011 9:12am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok, no problem. So then to clarify, you trained in Defendo for and undetermined amount of time and that is your martial arts background. And you are teaching stuff to LEOs that is not Defendo.

So where did the techniques you are teaching come from? Since you have not worked in law enforcement, they obviously didn't come from real world application. That is what I'm trying to understand. Thanks.
    Combatives training log.

Drum thread

LVL 99 Photomancer

Posted On:
    5/30/2011 9:16am

supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    sophistry..
    way to avoid the issues.

Ever read Milton's Paradise Lost? you sound distinctly like one of the characters in it.

Spoiler:
    Belial. The demon of bullshit disguised in rational verse.
    Last edited by Colin; 5/30/2011 9:24am at .

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/30/2011 9:34am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok... It is fake:

Dude, there is no way I can let this go...

Are you for real in your response? Honestly????

I came to this forum because life is so flipping busy between family and work, I have known about it for a long time and figured this would be a really good place to dig, do some research and get some feedback on issues, what else is going on out there and this so far is what I have found....

Everyone has been hounding me about my personal credentials and NO ONE has taken the time to respond TO WHAT I ACTUALLY SAID ABOUT LEO TRAINING IN MY THREAD!!! Is this a badge wearing club or is there anyone professional enough to dig into the meat of what I said and start to agree or disagree and workshop it through? Holy crap...

I can understand the desire to confirm bonefides but for crying out loud I didn't make a single comment on who I was, my name, what I do for a living... nothing in my first threads. You had to ask me, I was just trying to throw some stuff out to debate and see what I can learn from you. In fact my first thread in the LE and Mil forum was asking for input on Dillon's Lock-Up System and so far not a single response? I am beginning to wonder how many LE, Tactical or Military professionals really are involved in this forum.

And PLEASE don't give me this "you are hiding behind an off-line verification of your credentials" crap. With a response like that you are nothing more than showing you don't know what the heck you are doing and how things really work with professionals. Dude, that is SOP.

This is a really simple equation lads... Have someone contact me that represents your forum off of the web. I connect you by cell phone to guys in both the US and Canada at Federal levels who will verify who I am and what I do. You then are simply able to say, yes... we have checked him out and he is for real... end of story. We are posting threads on a forum here not applying for a job. Objecting to pay for a phone call? Don't want to be proven wrong? Whats the deal? I have even invited a couple of you to come to train with me at no cost. Can't say I am trying to make money off of you and potentially even in the presence of professionals at THEIR training location. This is getting to be really romper room and its starting to waste my time.

So are we going to do this or not? I am interested in workshopping and discussing tactics and training and what is going on out there... for real. I think you guys have an awesome looking forum and website, you have certainly been around for quite awhile and that says something in my books. So let's dance or I'll head home like a good Canadian boy and watch the hockey game. Let me know.
    Yes, I am serious. Are you a LEO or a military guy. I am not talking about out a certified trainer, but served in the military or as a Sworn Officer, active or retired?

I do enjoy how you passive aggressively insult the forum, America, and get butt-hurt at being disregarded for lying about SOP.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/30/2011 10:53am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok lads, this is getting exhausting and taking up far more time than I anticipated so here is what I will leave with you before the barrages continue.

As noted, I am a full-time civilian contractor to LE and Mil assets. I played the major role in reviving, training and then teaching Bill Underwood's work. The systems of DEFENDO and COMBATO. I worked with an older original instructor of Bill's. There was not body to "certified me". I revived the thing. I also was a CDT Master Tactical Instructor for a couple of years. I am not a long time traditional or sport martial artist. In 2004 I developed the Immediate Recall System based on real world scenarios and a "Tactile Method" triggering Nervous Systems Defensive Responses rather than direct pain compliance. I have been teaching that system full time since 2004.

For anyone who reads this thread who has ever been involved for real in a Tactical or Special Roles profile at anything LARGER than a part-time local team, they would understand hesitation in getting more specific. Heck I have trained State Corrections SWAT who get it. It's called OPSEC.

I have offered 5 times to have someone official from the Forum put directly in touch with US and Canadian assets to verify this but no, that is not good enough which is way beyond me. That is your decision. Don't tell me I am hiding, you clearly don't understand the worlds you seem to comment on all the time. Pick up a phone which is how real deal guys would do it and then its case closed.

You can find me on SKYPE, I gave you the coordinates and you are invited to train with me in Toronto or if I am near you with an LE or Mil group, then drop me a line. If you ARE involved in the real circles you will probably eventually come across us especially with any Canadian contacts through International Law Enforcement organizations.

Not once has anyone actually engaged WHAT I posted, nor have I seen any evidence of anyone involved in Instruction here above that of potentially local Law Enforcement and even then all I am getting is side-walled.

You know where to find me and I am willing to verify my background to those who willing to take me up on it.

Best and thanks. Good looking webiste and nice forum.

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/30/2011 11:13am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You are so full of **** it isn't even funny.
    Ok lads, this is getting exhausting and taking up far more time than I anticipated so here is what I will leave with you before the barrages continue.

As noted, I am a full-time civilian contractor to LE and Mil assets. I played the major role in reviving, training and then teaching Bill Underwood's work. The systems of DEFENDO and COMBATO. I worked with an older original instructor of Bill's. There was not body to "certified me". I revived the thing. I also was a CDT Master Tactical Instructor for a couple of years. I am not a long time traditional or sport martial artist. In 2004 I developed the Immediate Recall System based on real world scenarios and a "Tactile Method" triggering Nervous Systems Defensive Responses rather than direct pain compliance. I have been teaching that system full time since 2004.

For anyone who reads this thread who has ever been involved for real in a Tactical or Special Roles profile at anything LARGER than a part-time local team, they would understand hesitation in getting more specific. Heck I have trained State Corrections SWAT who get it. It's called OPSEC.

I have offered 5 times to have someone official from the Forum put directly in touch with US and Canadian assets to verify this but no, that is not good enough which is way beyond me. That is your decision. Don't tell me I am hiding, you clearly don't understand the worlds you seem to comment on all the time. Pick up a phone which is how real deal guys would do it and then its case closed.

You can find me on SKYPE, I gave you the coordinates and you are invited to train with me in Toronto or if I am near you with an LE or Mil group, then drop me a line. If you ARE involved in the real circles you will probably eventually come across us especially with any Canadian contacts through International Law Enforcement organizations.

Not once has anyone actually engaged WHAT I posted, nor have I seen any evidence of anyone involved in Instruction here above that of potentially local Law Enforcement and even then all I am getting is side-walled.

You know where to find me and I am willing to verify my background to those who willing to take me up on it.

Best and thanks. Good looking webiste and nice forum.

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    5/30/2011 11:23am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    First, you don't seem to understand that if you make a claim on this website, it's up to you prove it. It's not our responsibility to call you or your LEO associates to verify your claims.

We're not willing to engage you in a discussion until we have verified that you are qualified to have one. You have been asked some direct questions to which you have responded to indirectly at best. Sam B. and I asked you in the second and third post in this thread if you are, or have ever been, a LEO or a soldier. You never answered this question in a direct manner. You were asked to provide your training background. We had to hound you to get an answer out of you.

As for your correspondence from LEO organizations, anyone who teaches a seminar to them gets a thank you letter from the agency. My instructor has several from DPS, the Texas state police. So please do not try to use such material to validate yourself to us.
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 5678 LastLast