Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

MMA Gym Popped up Half Hour away

So I didn't have any excuses anymore.

Tried out Kung Fu a while back, but it seemed kinda hokey and there was little to no live sparring. The school I was apart of went to a tournament down in Portland and there happened to be a BJJ school doing a supplemental kinda tournament at the same time. I signed up for both and found instantly that rolling was much more fun than bullsh*t katas and point sparring.

Even though I got my ass handed to me 2 out of the 3 matches I was in (the match I won was against another non-grappler, some form of Karate if I remember correctly), it left a great impression on my mind.
    So after I left the studio I was at, I started searching for schools that taught BJJ. At that time the only ones were in Seattle, so for me that was a two and half hour drive round trip on top of going to class and working.
    Fast forward a couple of years and several hours of lurking; Hybrid Gym and Training Center opens up in Bremerton. They're an MMA gym, boom, just what I was looking for.

I've been going a few weeks and it's awesome. So there's my introduction.

Style
    Boxing and No Gi BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by dr_seth_l View Post
    So I didn't have any excuses anymore.

Tried out Kung Fu a while back, but it seemed kinda hokey and there was little to no live sparring. The school I was apart of went to a tournament down in Portland and there happened to be a BJJ school doing a supplemental kinda tournament at the same time. I signed up for both and found instantly that rolling was much more fun than bullsh*t katas and point sparring.

Even though I got my ass handed to me 2 out of the 3 matches I was in (the match I won was against another non-grappler, some form of Karate if I remember correctly), it left a great impression on my mind.
    So after I left the studio I was at, I started searching for schools that taught BJJ. At that time the only ones were in Seattle, so for me that was a two and half hour drive round trip on top of going to class and working.
    Fast forward a couple of years and several hours of lurking; Hybrid Gym and Training Center opens up in Bremerton. They're an MMA gym, boom, just what I was looking for.

I've been going a few weeks and it's awesome. So there's my introduction.
    You drive two and a half hours just to train? man, YOU'RE committed :)

Welcome to bullshido!

Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Haha, sorry, that was a little vague. I meant that if I would of gone to that school then it would of been a 2.5 hour commute, round trip.