228128 Bullies, 4757 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 251 to 260 of 290
Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 162223242526 272829 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. EdgeWalker is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Korea
    Posts
    127

    Posted On:
    6/21/2011 2:52am


     Style: Taekkyon Kudo MMA

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmike_ebw View Post
    Do you know what an exercise in futility is? 50 pushups wont stop them laughing at you because you do Taekkyon.
    do you even know what Taekkyon is?
  2. The Juggernoob is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Ecuador
    Posts
    1,565

    Posted On:
    6/21/2011 7:04am


     Style: 'Grapplin'

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yep. Korean dancy foot tag. As opposed to Taekwondo, which is Korean spinny foot tag. Go **** yourself.



    See, even with punk rock background music, it still looks weak and sucky.

    I dont want to be "that" guy, but seriously, ever heard of stability?
  3. W. Rabbit is offline
    W. Rabbit's Avatar

    There's not enough words to describe my existence.

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Work
    Posts
    8,282

    Posted On:
    6/21/2011 8:01am

    supporting member
     Style: No Style

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I always suspected that Korea invented Capoeira, now I've seen video evidence.

    Thanks Bullshido!
  4. The Juggernoob is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Ecuador
    Posts
    1,565

    Posted On:
    6/21/2011 8:18am


     Style: 'Grapplin'

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    I always suspected that Korea invented Capoeira, now I've seen video evidence.

    Thanks Bullshido!
    Korea invented Bullshido/
  5. Ignorami is offline
    Ignorami's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,538

    Posted On:
    6/21/2011 8:20am


     Style: Aikido / FMA / Krotty

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by EdgeWalker View Post
    do you even know what Taekkyon is?
    Well, It's definitely one of two things:


    1. A Taekkyon ( /ˈtęki.ɒn/; Greek: ταχύς, takhus, "swift" + English: -on "elementary particle") is a hypothetical subatomic particle that moves faster than light. In the language of special relativity, a Taekkyon would be a particle with space-like four-momentum and imaginary proper time. A Taekkyon would be constrained to the space-like portion of the energy-momentum graph. Therefore, it cannot slow down to subluminal speeds.

    The first hypothesis about Taekkyons is attributed to German physicist Arnold Sommerfeld. However, it was George Sudarshan,[1] Olexa-Myron Bilaniuk,[2] Vijay Deshpande,[2] and Gerald Feinberg[3] (who originally coined the term in the 1960s) who advanced a theoretical framework for their study.

    If Taekkyon are conventional, localizable particles that can be used to send signals faster than light, this would lead to violations of causality in special relativity. However, in the framework of quantum field theory, Taekkyons are understood as signifying an instability of the system and dismissed through Taekkyon condensation, rather than being treated as real faster-than-light particles, and such instabilities are described by tachyonic fields.

    Taekkyonic fields have appeared theoretically in a variety of contexts, such as the bosonic string theory. According to the contemporary and widely accepted understanding of the concept of a particle, Taekkyon particles are too unstable to be treated as existent.[4] According to that theory, faster than light information transmission and causality violation with tachyons are impossible.

    Conventional massive particles that travel slower than the speed of light are sometimes termed "bradyons" or "tardyons" in contrast, although these terms are only used in the context of discussions about Taekkyons.

    Despite the theoretical arguments against the existence of Taekkyon particles, experimental searches have been conducted to test the assumption against their existence; however, no experimental evidence for the existence of Taekkyon particles has been found.


    or

    2. Taekkyon (鉄拳?, lit. Iron Fist) is a series of competitive fighting games developed and published by Namco. Originally an arcade game, versions exist for the PlayStation, PlayStation 2, PlayStation Portable, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Wonder Swan, and Game Boy Advance.

    The story in each game in the series (with the exception of the non-canon game Taekkyon Tag Tournament) documents the events of the fictional martial arts tournament, The King of Iron Fist Tournament, with the game's chronological number corresponding with the current iteration of the tournament.

    The tournament is always hosted by a financial corporation called the "Mishima Zaibatsu", with the tournament prize generally being control of the company offered to the victor (who then is free to host the next King of Iron Fist tournament). The arcade versions are known to traditionally use PlayStation based hardware for each installment, and subsequently each arcade version was eventually made for its respective PlayStation.

    There are currently six main installments in the Taekkyon series. New Taekkyon games have been confirmed, one is a sequel to Taekkyon Tag Tournament, entitled Taekkyon Tag Tournament 2. It is currently in the development stages and it is planned to be released Summer 2011 in Japan. Other countries' planned release dates are yet unknown. Another upcoming Taekkyon game is Taekkyon X Street Fighter, which will be a Taekkyon vs. Street Fighter cross-over game using the Taekkyon style of game play, as opposed to Street Fighter X Taekkyon which will use the Street Fighter style of game play.


    Just let me know which one it is, and I'll update my records.
    Last edited by Ignorami; 6/21/2011 8:30am at .


    When life gives you lemons... BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!

    "what's the best thing about aikido then?"
    "To be defeated by your enemies, to be driven by them from the field of battle, and to hear the lamentations of your women." ermghoti
  6. Omega Supreme is offline

    Administrator

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    23,001

    Posted On:
    6/21/2011 9:25am

    staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by EdgeWalker View Post
    do you even know what Taekkyon is?
    Um yeah. Oh look he put up a video. I personally call it Korean Capoeira lite.
  7. Grey Owl is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    559

    Posted On:
    6/21/2011 10:44am


     Style: Karate, BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Taekkyon, stop fucking around and kick the guy!

  8. TaeBo_Master is offline
    TaeBo_Master's Avatar

    Certified Fitness Trainer

    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    4,002

    Posted On:
    6/21/2011 12:05pm

    supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Judo, Jujitsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ignorami View Post
    Well, It's definitely one of two things:


    1. A Taekkyon ( /ˈtęki.ɒn/; Greek: ταχύς, takhus, "swift" + English: -on "elementary particle") is a hypothetical subatomic particle that moves faster than light. In the language of special relativity, a Taekkyon would be a particle with space-like four-momentum and imaginary proper time. A Taekkyon would be constrained to the space-like portion of the energy-momentum graph. Therefore, it cannot slow down to subluminal speeds.

    The first hypothesis about Taekkyons is attributed to German physicist Arnold Sommerfeld. However, it was George Sudarshan,[1] Olexa-Myron Bilaniuk,[2] Vijay Deshpande,[2] and Gerald Feinberg[3] (who originally coined the term in the 1960s) who advanced a theoretical framework for their study.

    If Taekkyon are conventional, localizable particles that can be used to send signals faster than light, this would lead to violations of causality in special relativity. However, in the framework of quantum field theory, Taekkyons are understood as signifying an instability of the system and dismissed through Taekkyon condensation, rather than being treated as real faster-than-light particles, and such instabilities are described by tachyonic fields.

    Taekkyonic fields have appeared theoretically in a variety of contexts, such as the bosonic string theory. According to the contemporary and widely accepted understanding of the concept of a particle, Taekkyon particles are too unstable to be treated as existent.[4] According to that theory, faster than light information transmission and causality violation with tachyons are impossible.

    Conventional massive particles that travel slower than the speed of light are sometimes termed "bradyons" or "tardyons" in contrast, although these terms are only used in the context of discussions about Taekkyons.

    Despite the theoretical arguments against the existence of Taekkyon particles, experimental searches have been conducted to test the assumption against their existence; however, no experimental evidence for the existence of Taekkyon particles has been found.


    or

    2. Taekkyon (鉄拳?, lit. Iron Fist) is a series of competitive fighting games developed and published by Namco. Originally an arcade game, versions exist for the PlayStation, PlayStation 2, PlayStation Portable, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Wonder Swan, and Game Boy Advance.

    The story in each game in the series (with the exception of the non-canon game Taekkyon Tag Tournament) documents the events of the fictional martial arts tournament, The King of Iron Fist Tournament, with the game's chronological number corresponding with the current iteration of the tournament.

    The tournament is always hosted by a financial corporation called the "Mishima Zaibatsu", with the tournament prize generally being control of the company offered to the victor (who then is free to host the next King of Iron Fist tournament). The arcade versions are known to traditionally use PlayStation based hardware for each installment, and subsequently each arcade version was eventually made for its respective PlayStation.

    There are currently six main installments in the Taekkyon series. New Taekkyon games have been confirmed, one is a sequel to Taekkyon Tag Tournament, entitled Taekkyon Tag Tournament 2. It is currently in the development stages and it is planned to be released Summer 2011 in Japan. Other countries' planned release dates are yet unknown. Another upcoming Taekkyon game is Taekkyon X Street Fighter, which will be a Taekkyon vs. Street Fighter cross-over game using the Taekkyon style of game play, as opposed to Street Fighter X Taekkyon which will use the Street Fighter style of game play.


    Just let me know which one it is, and I'll update my records.
    I see what you did there. Funny, but beware, the Trekkies are coming with torches and pitchforks.
    Last edited by TaeBo_Master; 6/21/2011 12:31pm at .
    Click To Get My Free Training Newsletter... Do It NOW!


    "You all just got fucking owned.";
    "TaeBo_Master and GajusCaesar just scored 10,000,000 points on all you pawns."

    - The Wastrel
  9. Ignorami is offline
    Ignorami's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,538

    Posted On:
    6/21/2011 1:06pm


     Style: Aikido / FMA / Krotty

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TaeBo_Master View Post
    I see what you did there. Funny, but beware, the Trekkies are coming with torches and pitchforks.
    And I'll say to them:

    " it's a good job so many perky-breasted rubberheads asked Kirk "what is - to kiss?", because without seeing him demonstrate it on screen, you'd still not know."

    In the mean time, here is someone from star trek demonstrating Taekkyon in action



    When life gives you lemons... BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!

    "what's the best thing about aikido then?"
    "To be defeated by your enemies, to be driven by them from the field of battle, and to hear the lamentations of your women." ermghoti
  10. Nefron is offline
    Nefron's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Posts
    1,587

    Posted On:
    6/21/2011 1:36pm


     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmike_ebw View Post
    50 pushups wont stop them laughing at you because you do Taekkyon.
    Or girls laughing at his small penis.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.