Style
    Escrima
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Picking another style...again...please help?

Hey guys, ive been super interested in learning a couple arts but cannot afford it so i am forced to choose one... The place is MNkali.com... the two choices i really like are the following:

Panantukan: Filipino dirty boxing, i like it because of what seems to be practicality and pragmatic moves. Simple and to the point... im also half Filipino, which is a plus. I was sort of interested in Kali but i prefer hand to hand. I dont know if thats ignorant of me?

Muay Thai: I adore the powerful kicks from this style and would love to go more in depth with it! Im just iffy because i want to learn mainly self defense. I just want to be able to go home at the end of the day so im not sure... being that this is a more competitive geared art, i think? It still seems practical for self defense, but i need a second opinion!

you guys always come through with answers, i think about which one to pick all day when im at work and yet i am fruitless. I mainly just want self defense and then some, i want to teach someday! Im not the biggest guy, if that helps at all.

Thankyou guys,

Spran

Style
    Boxing and No Gi BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Go to a trial class for each and see which one you like best. First time is usually a free so that people can feel out the atmosphere, level of training etc

Style
    Kendo, Krotty
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kicking the **** out of someone is always the better option for self defense than a bunch of circumstantial techniques you'll never use in sparring and only train in preset drills, so unless the panantukan puts on some heavy gear and kicks each other in the balls until they're blue in the face, Muay Thai.

Of course, you could always learn how to mercilessly beat people with sticks, which applies directly to mercilessly beating them with collapsible batons.

However, as everyone who isn't a fucking idiot(excluding myself, who is) will tell you, the best self defense is situational awareness, not being an asshole, and running really fast. Train those first.

Style
    Muay Thai
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'd go with MT if I were in your position. if you want to study FMA, go with Kali. for the record, Kali teaches empty hand and short and long knife defense. ;)

Style
    Shotokan, BJJ, Muay Thai
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i've been doing MT for about a year now (not purely MT, other stuff as well) but i can safely say that though the gym i'm at trains fighters for sport comps, i have NO doubt in my mind i could apply the kicks i've learned to "t3h str33ts" if need be. The teep and roundhouse work whether your opponent just touched gloves with you, or just pushed you on the side walk :)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Muay Thai is easily the way to go. I studied it for a year or so and it's 1) way more fun and 2) more useful. You're right when you say more practical for self defense, and plus, don't you want to be able to do this to people?

Style
    Aikido, Aikiken, Aikijo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Trial lesson is da way!

MT gets my vote though.

Style
    Isshinryu Karate
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I hear MT training has alot of conditioning, and they build up your body to get used to hits. plus they use nearly every weapon the human body has- elbows, knees, kicks, punches etc. Mt is also more popular than panantukan, which I've never heard of, which means there will be more MT clubs and events