Posted On:
    3/17/2004 6:52pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Omega is correct.

Punisher:
    It's list for right now, not all time. Silva's fights with Ortiz and Belfort were too long ago to play much of a factor.

Sak's losses to Silva and Little Nog are recent. I'd still put him in the top 15 or 20, but I don't think he belongs on this list.
    I disagree.
    Going by that, Randy Couture has to be number 1. He trounced the 2 people that were considered the best all time light-heavyweights, one after the other.

Sak has recent losses to Silva, but Silva weighs a lot more. If we are talking pound-for-pound, and not best overall, then he should be there.
    The Wastrel - So attractive he HAS to be a woman.
    - Pizdoff

Seeker of Truth

Posted On:
    3/17/2004 7:22pm

supporting member
     Style: Five Animal Fighting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wouldn't have any problems with Sak getting the #10 spot instead of Bustamante, but I'd have a hard time putting him any higher.

Yes Silva and "Minotoro" were both bigger, but Sak's loss to the one guy his size (Schembri) hurts.

I like Sak, I don't think he is washed up like some people say. I just don't think he's the best fighter out there right now, even at his own weight.

I agree Courture should be higher. He is the only guy that beat two guys on last years list this year. I would drop Henderson and Penn down a few positions and put him at #1 or #2. It's a toss up between him and Silva.

I still think Hughes is better than Henderson or Penn. I have a sinking feeling that Penn might be the next Buster Douglas.

Henderson is the biggest question mark on the list for me. Yes he has tremendous potential at his weight, but I'd really like to seem him fight someone like Sak or Hughes to be sure.

Posted On:
    3/17/2004 9:10pm

Style: judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you got rid of Fedor wouldn't you have to get rid of big Nog?
    You want some birth control? You can smoke a cigarette.

Professional Fighter/Instructor

Posted On:
    3/18/2004 12:58am

supporting member
     Style: Pro-Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Penn is BY FAR the most dominant fighter in MMA per weight.He was the best at 155, losing only once by spilt decision, then he fought at his natural weight of 168 and destroyed the former top pound for pound fighter who was back up to at least 180 at fight time.
    Silva has not proven he's the best at 205.He has not faced Couture, and not beaten belfort.
    Couture cannot be called the best either without beating Silva.
    Fedor obviously must be considered top over 205, but being that he only beat Nogi by decision, and that no-gi then went on to beat Cro Cop while Fedor has beaten no one of consequence, then mino must be considered a close second.Far closer to fedor than anyone under 170 can be considered close to Penn.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12