Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/27/2011 4:33am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Newaza is for Babies

So there I was yesterday evening changing the nappy of my 3 month old daughter Florence. Like most babies of her age she likes to grab fingers and last night she had a firm grip of both my pinkies. Another thing that babies do is bring their knees up to their chest and kick their legs around. So last night she had both my pinkies and her feet were planted firmly against both my hips and all of a sudden I realised that she had me in a Spider Guard. Realising that this was not a good position to be in I tried to break her grip but she has new baby strength in her grip at the moment so that didnít work. I finally managed to cartwheel over to my right, gaining side control and went in for a mune-gatame but alas the hold was broken as her little legs scooted under me and now I was in her guard. Luckily enough she isnít yet able to roll on her side, so I had no fear of her sweeping me but I doubt it will be too long before she is able to.

I wonder if I am the only new father who does Newaza with their 3 month old baby?

My dog is cuter and smarter than yours.

Posted On:
    5/28/2011 11:54am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kodokan Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Beware the yellow shower counter is all I can say.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/30/2011 4:20pm

Style: Boxing and No Gi BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    Beware the yellow shower counter is all I can say.
    or worse...the brown one :P

Posted On:
    5/31/2011 3:03pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Might get double yellow if breast fed baby.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/31/2011 3:12pm

Style: Karate, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was wrestling with my 6 year old son. We were enjoying ourselves and he seemed to be genuinely taking in techniques and principles. It was as he was just getting a scissor sweep to work on me that I fell on to my back and saw my youngest son (2 years old) had climbed on top of the sofa and was launching himself, knees first, at my head.

It hurt. A lot. I was so proud.

Posted On:
    5/31/2011 3:19pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's hilarious! My two boys had to be untaught the old jumping on Dad trick with both knees. I swear, they started doing it on purpose for fun. After they get so big, it can cause serious injury. Especially when applied from ambush.

Sneaky little bastards!

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    5/31/2011 3:32pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My son is 8. Since he was tiny I've been letting him put on gloves and wail on my face for fun. He hits hard enough now that I cover up quite a bit more than I used to. But he's really sneaky with feints and sucker punches now.

So sometimes I'll think he's all done or ready for a break. He'll sort of drop his hands as if he's going to walk away. I drop mine and WHAM! Right in the fucking nose. It's awesome. I love it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/01/2011 5:14am

Style: Karate, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    That's hilarious! My two boys had to be untaught the old jumping on Dad trick with both knees. I swear, they started doing it on purpose for fun. After they get so big, it can cause serious injury. Especially when applied from ambush.

Sneaky little bastards!
    Mine are starting to work together in very cunning ways and it's getting to be abit like Kato from the Pink Panther movies.

Seriously one hid in my wardrobe, I opened it for a shirt whilst the other kept me talking - WHAM!!! The little sod wraps himself around my FACE and, oh so help me, I had taught my eldest single leg takedown. Next I am on the floor, youngest going for ground and pound on my face and the eldest is attempting knee on belly.

Word of warning children will NOT stop even if you tap like a type writer. They will laugh. Man, I love those kids.