Got to be fresh, got to go downstairs
    Got to have my bowl, got to have cereal

Got to get down on Friday

Posted On:
    5/27/2011 8:17pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was just asking if he knew his stuff because he seems really smart. Look at the comments he left on those videos.

"Only muay thai kicks use the hips in the way you are describing. Tae kwon do, as a karate derived art, uses snapping kicks that have speed and penetrating force. There is no hamstring injury you can get from snapping kicks. And "keeping your hands up" is irrelevant unless you are sparring and by that point I was exhausted anyway. The form being perfect no longer matters when your muscles are exhausted; the goal is to force the muscles to continue doing work. Muay thai also uses the shin as the weapon for a round kick, whereas tae kwon do uses the ball of the foot. I heavily dislike shin kicks and would much rather use a modified version called the sword kick that uses your instep. It's designed for kicking while wearing shoes, you can't do it barefoot but it's considerably safer than shin kicks are. If you miss and kick with your upper shin you are going to shatter your shin. Shoes are much safer."

"You don't seem to understand that what you do as a hobby doesn't equate to what I did professionally in the military. You are trying to tell me how I should work out as if you knew my body. You seem to believe you shouldn't push your body to its limits, which is actually how soldiers train because our bodies routinely get pushed to our limits when it actually matters. Your civilian martial art training does not compare to the military training I endured. I know my body. Thanks."

He also ignores the person who yells at him at 3:35 in his kicking video showing how mature he is.

And the army seems to be very important. A lot of you do martial arts and fitness as a hobby, where the US Army has the most demanding workouts known to man.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/27/2011 9:52pm

Style: Youtube-do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Jazzy Version:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/28/2011 2:38am

Style: Thaiboxing; MMA nb

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Beak View Post

Jazzy Version:
    I've been thinking this for a while, but never took the time to say so, fearing that it might be embarassing to me and maybe disturb our yet untainted relationship, but... I like how you quote Seanbaby in your sig. His MMA articles on Cracked are awesome, especially the one about lying yourself to legend status and the self-defense videos one. Yep.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/28/2011 2:51am

Style: G-safe Krav Maga / TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boneless View Post
    let me guess you where dying to use that one for a while :)
    that or you are a major DBZ fan either way good one
    :Smile2:

I used to watch that show religiously. First thing that popped into my mind when I heard about he used weighted clothing.

****, that's probably where this guy got the idea from in the first place.

Certified Fitness Trainer

Posted On:
    5/28/2011 3:54am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Judo, Jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JaredD View Post
    I was just asking if he knew his stuff because he seems really smart. Look at the comments he left on those videos.

"Only muay thai kicks use the hips in the way you are describing. Tae kwon do, as a karate derived art, uses snapping kicks that have speed and penetrating force. There is no hamstring injury you can get from snapping kicks. And "keeping your hands up" is irrelevant unless you are sparring and by that point I was exhausted anyway. The form being perfect no longer matters when your muscles are exhausted; the goal is to force the muscles to continue doing work. Muay thai also uses the shin as the weapon for a round kick, whereas tae kwon do uses the ball of the foot. I heavily dislike shin kicks and would much rather use a modified version called the sword kick that uses your instep. It's designed for kicking while wearing shoes, you can't do it barefoot but it's considerably safer than shin kicks are. If you miss and kick with your upper shin you are going to shatter your shin. Shoes are much safer."

"You don't seem to understand that what you do as a hobby doesn't equate to what I did professionally in the military. You are trying to tell me how I should work out as if you knew my body. You seem to believe you shouldn't push your body to its limits, which is actually how soldiers train because our bodies routinely get pushed to our limits when it actually matters. Your civilian martial art training does not compare to the military training I endured. I know my body. Thanks."

He also ignores the person who yells at him at 3:35 in his kicking video showing how mature he is.

And the army seems to be very important. A lot of you do martial arts and fitness as a hobby, where the US Army has the most demanding workouts known to man.
    This is the example you chose for sounding smart? This is crap.
    Click To Get My Free Training Newsletter... Do It NOW!

"You all just got fucking owned.";
    "TaeBo_Master and GajusCaesar just scored 10,000,000 points on all you pawns."

- The Wastrel

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    5/28/2011 4:08am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JaredD View Post

in a gunfight im sure he is very capable, they do **** all H2H in the military and what they DO do, isnt spinning kicks. hes a douche.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    5/28/2011 4:12am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    oh and also, shatter your shin if you hit with the upper part? what? **** off.

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    5/28/2011 5:00am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Obvious troll is obvious.

Posted On:
    5/28/2011 7:17am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sorry can any of you explain what he is doing wrong.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast