Page 1 of 34 1234511 ... Last
  1. #1
    His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten. supporting member
    Devil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    8,457
    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    My Beloved Corps is Dead



    http://www.military.com/daily-news/2...integrate.html

    That's it, ladies and gents. This is the beginning of the end of the Marine Corps' long history of being a feared and respected fighting force. The Corps held out as long as they could. They fought it. They studied the ramifications. They proved that infantry units which included women underperformed across the board when compared to their all male counterparts. But they're going to have women combat troops rammed down their throats anyway. It's a sad fucking day.

    This is a huge mistake and there will be a hefty price to pay for this. The ramifications here are much more significant than most people can grasp, I believe.

    Everybody knows women aren't as physically capable as men, on average. And people who understand how the government works know that this isn't going to be as simple as allowing women to join if they can meet the same standards as the men. Oh, no. They won't stop there. The standards will gradually change for everyone in order to pursue this agenda. Mark my fucking words.

    But the physical limitations are what everybody seems to focus on in this argument. That is not the crux of the problem. That doesn't get at the heart of the damage this will do to the Corps.

    Here's the real problem. I've always said people join the military for selfish reasons. For me, and many 18 year olds like me, the Marine Corps was my choice because they had a reputation as being badasses. I wanted to be a badass. They told me my ASVAB score was high enough to do any job that was available to enlisted men. I told them I wanted to be in the infantry.

    Why? Because I didn't want to be like everybody else. If I wanted to be a pencil pushing box kicker I could've done that anywhere. That's not what I wanted. I wanted to be a dick swinging, trigger pulling, filthy goddamn Devil Dog.

    There were many, many young men like me. These were not nice boys. These were not people who wanted money for college. These were young men who were attracted to the fight. They were ready to kill our nation's enemies. They wanted to prove themselves. They wanted to be respected among men they respected. They wanted to be badasses and they were willing to go to extraordinary lengths to do so. It was an arrogant, chauvinistic, testosterone driven brotherhood. And that's exactly what the politically correct puppet masters say is wrong with the military. But let me tell you, those are exactly the people you want doing your fighting for you.

    This brings me to the true cost of this decision. You're going to have tons of young men looking for that same badass brotherhood. Now they're going to look at the Marine Corps infantry and other combat roles across the US military and they're going to realize that if a bunch of girls can do it, it's not that badass after all. And they're going to go seek that opportunity to prove themselves elsewhere. You're not just allowing women to join. You're running off hordes of tough, aggressive young men who would become leaders of Marines. You're lowering the prestige of the job in their eyes.

    We could pay heavily for that as a nation. Do you really want to turn the Marine Corps infantry into just a regular job that anyone with a pulse can do? Do you want to make becoming a combat Marine as easy as becoming one of the office drones we work with? I work in a corporate environment where fairness is a thing of utmost importance. If I had to go to war with these impotent fucks, I'd gun them all down and take their ammo.

    RIP, USMC. You did your job well as long as you were allowed to.
    Last edited by Devil; 12/08/2015 1:51pm at .

  2. #2
    My dog is cuter and smarter than yours. Join us... or die
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    9,382
    Style
    Kodokan Judo
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post


    http://www.military.com/daily-news/2...integrate.html

    That's it, ladies and gents. This is the beginning of the end of the Marine Corps' long history of being a feared and respected fighting force. The Corps held out as long as they could. They fought it. They studied the ramifications. They proved that infantry units which included women underperformed across the board when compared to their all male counterparts. But they're going to have women combat troops rammed down their throats anyway. It's a sad fucking day.

    This is a huge mistake and there will be a hefty price to pay for this. The ramifications here are much more significant than most people can grasp, I believe.

    Everybody knows women aren't as physically capable as men, on average. And people who understand how the government works know that this isn't going to be as simple as allowing women to join if they can meet the same standards as the men. Oh, no. They won't stop there. The standards will gradually change for everyone in order to pursue this agenda. Mark my fucking words.

    But the physical limitations are what everybody seems to focus on in this argument. That is not the crux of the problem. That doesn't get at the heart of the damage this will do to the Corps.

    Here's the real problem. I've always said people join the military for selfish reasons. For me, and many 18 year olds like me, the Marine Corps was my choice because they had a reputation as being badasses. I wanted to be a badass. They told me my ASVAB score was high enough to do any job that was available to enlisted men. I told them I wanted to be in the infantry.

    Why? Because I didn't want to be like everybody else. If I wanted to be a pencil pushing box kicker I could've done that anywhere. That's not what I wanted. I wanted to be a dick swinging, trigger pulling, filthy goddamn Devil Dog.

    There were many, many young men like me. These were not nice boys. These were not people who wanted money for college. These were young men who were attracted to the fight. They were ready to kill our nation's enemies. They wanted to prove themselves. They wanted to be respected among men they respected. They wanted to be badasses and they were willing to go to extraordinary lengths to do so. It was an arrogant, chauvinistic, testosterone driven brotherhood. And that's exactly what the politically correct puppet masters say is wrong with the military. But let me tell you, those are exactly the people you want doing your fighting for you.

    This brings me to the true cost of this decision. You're going to have tons of young men looking for that same badass brotherhood. Now they're going to look at the Marine Corps infantry and other combat roles across the US military and they're going to realize that if a bunch of girls can do it, it's not that badass after all. And they're going to go seek that opportunity to prove themselves elsewhere. You're not just allowing women to join. You're running off hordes of tough, aggressive young men who would become leaders of Marines. You're lowering the prestige of the job in their eyes.

    We could pay heavily for that as a nation. Do you really want to turn the Marine Corps infantry into just a regular job that anyone with a pulse can do? Do you want to make becoming a combat Marine as easy as becoming one of the office drones we work with? I work in a corporate environment where fairness is a thing of utmost importance. If I had to go to war with these impotent fucks, I'd gun them all down and take their ammo.

    RIP, USMC. You did your job well as long as you were allowed to.
    I listened to a lot of radio reports on the progress of the tests you reference. Even Canadian radio (CBC) was covering them, and I have to say they did a better job than NPR, LOL.

    We will see what happens when women start coming back in body bags (in larger numbers, I'm assuming some women have been killed already), complete with wailing parents and their now mother-less children. When the women get captured and tortured, raped (one can only imagine what IS animals would do, but of course, they probably sexually abuse men too), held hostage, etc.

    I think that women deserve that chance to try to qualify to join combat infantry units, but standards should not be lowered. The standard for men is THE standard, established after a LOT of experience over the decades.

    And before anybody accuse me of being a misogynistic sexist, no, I'm not. I've had my ass kicked by plenty of women in Judo practice, and respect their physical/mental ability to be badass fighters.

    But that isn't ground combat, not by a long shot.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

  3. #3
    His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten. supporting member
    Devil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    8,457
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't think they even deserve the chance to try. Not individually. They've proven as a group they're ineffective.

    Even if you have women that can perform the job, it will be a small minority of them. Think of what the taxpayers will have to pay just to provide a fair opportunity to a small handful of women. Even if you kept the standards the same (and they won't) you'd have to make a ton of special logistical accommodations just to include this handful of women. It's an inefficient way to do things and a horrible waste of taxpayer money.

  4. #4
    My dog is cuter and smarter than yours. Join us... or die
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    9,382
    Style
    Kodokan Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    I don't think they even deserve the chance to try. Not individually. They've proven as a group they're ineffective.

    Even if you have women that can perform the job, it will be a small minority of them. Think of what the taxpayers will have to pay just to provide a fair opportunity to a small handful of women. Even if you kept the standards the same (and they won't) you'd have to make a ton of special logistical accommodations just to include this handful of women. It's an inefficient way to do things and a horrible waste of taxpayer money.
    I agree that it's not really efficient. I don't think there are that many women who WANT to be in ground infantry combat...However, I think they should be allowed to try, with minimal accommodation.

    Yeah, it will be a VERY small number of women, for sure.

    I read an article by an American woman who was a dual citizen in Denmark, where women have been in combat units since 1988. She addressed some of the logistical issues, I'll see if I can find the article.

    Ah, here it is.
    http://www.breachbangclear.com/femal...-yes-actually/

    and more from a person with real life experience.
    http://www.breachbangclear.com/femal...-yes-actually/

    Don't' get me wrong, I think that the political BS being done in order to make things more shall we say, "gender neutral' for women as combat troops is a bad idea.

    However, if they can qualify, and do the job, and not lower the overall combat effectiveness of the unit, I think they should be able to help defend our country as equals.

    If they are good enough (equal to the standards).
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

  5. #5
    His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten. supporting member
    Devil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    8,457
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    However, if they can qualify, and do the job, and not lower the overall combat effectiveness of the unit, I think they should be able to help defend our country as equals.
    That seems like a reasonable enough position if you look at the issue philosophically instead of practically. That's my position for the key reason I stated. That it's going to run off a lot of good men, and that alone will lower overall combat effectiveness.

  6. #6
    Raycetpfl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Tampa Fl
    Posts
    2,189
    Style
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    That seems like a reasonable enough position if you look at the issue philosophically instead of practically. That's my position for the key reason I stated. That it's going to run off a lot of good men, and that alone will lower overall combat effectiveness.
    Run them off to where?army Rangers? College?

  7. #7
    His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten. supporting member
    Devil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    8,457
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raycetpfl View Post
    Run them off to where?army Rangers? College?
    Anywhere young men might go for a rite of passage or to pursue a calling that they feel is more elite and harder to achieve. **** no, not the Army Rangers. They're in the same boat as the Marines.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    2,924
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I knew an army ranger once, he shot off his own dick trying to rob a bank. I'm not sure that's a high standard of badass. But maybe he was just a low percentage of incompetent fucks that end up in the ranks. In all seriousness I think what this will really amount to is a much higher pregnancy percentage for the marines hahahahahahaha. I doubt it will cause many so called badasses to not join.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    2,924
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I should add that I do think that women should be allowed to fight, but only under the EXACT same requirements, no fucking special treatment period(not a pun).

  10. #10
    Ulsteryank's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    N. Ireland
    Posts
    250
    Style
    MMA
    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wooks are crooks. Combat effectiveness obviously being the major downfall, but also get ready for fraternization galore

Page 1 of 34 1234511 ... Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO