Merry Christmas! shitter's full...

Posted On:
    5/24/2011 9:29pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hungryjoe View Post
    You fail to mention that New Orleans has more than its fair share of social leeches. People that can't or won't take care of themselves in good times.
    wouldn't know about that. i hate NO, even pre katrina. rarely went there.
    --------

Quote Originally Posted by it is fake View Post
    yeah, normally i'd get a quote, but couldn't be bothered.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    5/24/2011 10:27pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    New Orleans went to **** during Katrina because the remaining population consisted largely of fucking morons. They knew well ahead of time a massive Hurricane was inbound. They knew they were living in a bowl next to the ocean. They knew they had been told to evacuate.

Not a very smart decision to stay there, was it? So, it's not a big surprise that the idiots that stayed there behaved like idiots.

heaven sent and hell bent but weapons clenched and well kept

Posted On:
    5/24/2011 10:37pm

supporting member
     Style: 

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by devil View Post
    New Orleans went to **** during Katrina because the remaining population consisted largely of fucking morons. They knew well ahead of time a massive Hurricane was inbound. They knew they were living in a bowl next to the ocean. They knew they had been told to evacuate.

Not a very smart decision to stay there, was it? So, it's not a big surprise that the idiots that stayed there behaved like idiots.
    Sigh....there you go again Lucifer, hating on poor people (again).

Do you really think intelligence was the primary factor as to why it's not possible to evacuate a city of millions of people, especially a city like NO with such a high rate of poverty? Even with days of warning (about yet another hurricane, something NOers are so used to, their signature drink is the "Hurricane")?

Poor people are amazingly immobile as far as citywide evacuations go. New Orleans has more poor than most major cities.

A lot of the people who eventually ended up at the Superdome didn't leave New Orleans because they had no way out of the city, no family to go to, etc, not because they chose to stay. Go ahead, claim they choose to be poor too...that's another fallacy.

Who was able to get out of the city? Just the smart people??

Or was it mainly the ones who could afford transportation and a place to stay in safety?

Many had no way to even get to get to the Superdome, or to the fleet of evacuation buses (that ended up underwater anyway).

Some might say they don't care because these people have nothing of value and secretly hope the hurricane will gobble them up too. I don't think that way. Only the Devil does.
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 5/24/2011 10:50pm at .

Posted On:
    5/24/2011 11:02pm

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm fat. I'm an office worker. I'm partial to Doritos. And I am a ready ************ when it comes to the Apocalypse, having played out the scenario more than a few times in my head.

There is a crucial difference between me and most fantasists: I'm an Australian and I love my way of life.

"WTF do you mean, you are an Australian?" you ask, incredulous.
    "**** you, Yankee," I say in all earnestness.
    "Seriously, though, man, that's a ridiculously over-competitive patriotic statement, considering us as Americans have sworn allegiance to our country since we were born, having been informed, quite rightly in my opinion, that we are the greatest country on earth, how do you justify said statement?"
    "Okay, I might as well explain."

You see, as a child in Australia I was subject to a couple of benefits of our outdoorsy lifestyle. First off, most of our country looks like an Apocalypse has already happened. The sun is scorching, the earth is desolate and the animals all want to kill you (if you believe the hype). I'm not saying I've spent any time in the worst spots, but since a very young age we (especially in the 80's) were subject to many "survival" like programs, such as the Leyland brothers who taught us that witchetty grubs were "good tucker" among other things. I have tried witchetty grubs, among other things and despite being a bit buttery for my palate, if I was hungry, they'd be McWitchettyGrubs, if you know what I mean.

I learnt to swim when I was a toddler, barely able to walk and am even now a very strong swimmer, regardless of how long I have been out of the water. You might think, pfft, swimming won't help you in the Apocalypse, but it will. Oh, it will. Especially where I live.

I was also fortunate enough to have joined the Australian Army Cadets, where I was the first Recruit to bypass Cadet and be made an NCO. I also completed several "survival courses" where we walked 20-30kms into bush and then had to survive for five days on a small lunchbox of rations. We had to make a fire, find potable water, build shelter and obtain food. Granted it became a bit Lord of the Flies-y at the end because one of the guys in my group was a full on fuckstick, but I got through it and we gave his parents the mended glasses as a memento after the 20-30km walk out of the bush. I will never forget these survival skills, but I do try and test them out while camping at least once a year (probably not to the full extent, though).

I suppose the major difference, though, is the access to guns due to our strict laws regarding them. Unless you are a gang member, a farmer or a LEO, you have limited access to guns. Now, seeing as I know where most gang compounds and knowledge of hotspots are (you know, due to my hardcore past), I can avoid these places and their surrounds. Considering I live in the middle of the city, I don't have to worry about farmers. Considering I have a healthy collection of knives and swords, I can be assured I am probably better armed than most. The only thing I would really have to worry about would be rogue LEO's and let's be honest, with the NSW Police Service still being considered one of the most corrupt in the Western World, my main defence would be to not become a target by becoming powerful in the post apocalyptic setting.

Last but not least, I am fat but I am also pretty fit. I assume that petrol and transport will be highly sought after, to the point where it may turn lethal. I can walk all day and all night with no need for breaks, I can jog at a reasonable pace and I can sprint, and although my sprint is pretty slow you don't want to get in my way when I hit full tilt. Basically, I can get to the bush without needing a vehicle and I can survive when I get there.

I bet the fat fantasists would give up when the possibility of having to walk (end sentence) to a safe and secure environment where they might have to live off insects pulled from the ground.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/24/2011 11:05pm

supporting member
     Style: judo hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Rabbit's trying to cloud the issue while painting with a broad brush.

Poor, poor me

Bullshit.

The issue is not of intelligence, but one of, for the most part, drive. DRIVE fucker! This is the land of opportunity. People from all over earth are finding the drive to get here and start a new life. Give me some reason why, in this day and time, anyone who has drive needs to be TRULY POOR FOR LIFE.

Bullshit

Shed me a tear.

There are reasons to be poor. Life's circumstances can be cruel. Living a life in poverty while in this country mean you haven't tried or you're unable. Sadly, the former often outweighs the latter.

Posted On:
    5/24/2011 11:11pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    I was also fortunate enough to have joined the Australian Army Cadets, where I was the first Recruit to bypass Cadet and be made an NCO. I also completed several "survival courses" where we walked 20-30kms into bush and then had to survive for five days on a small lunchbox of rations. We had to make a fire, find potable water, build shelter and obtain food. Granted it became a bit Lord of the Flies-y at the end because one of the guys in my group was a full on fuckstick, but I got through it and we gave his parents the mended glasses as a memento after the 20-30km walk out of the bush. I will never forget these survival skills, but I do try and test them out while camping at least once a year (probably not to the full extent, though).
    Man, if Australia would just pull its head out of its ass on the subjects of guns and internet filtering, I'd seriously consider raising my kid there. The fact that an Australian high school program that sends kids humping 30k into the wild to live off the land makes me wish Outback steakhouse was open right now just so I could be closer in some minor way to Aussie culture.

Once you fix the issues with personal liberty, man, I might have to purchase a patch of your desloate land.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/24/2011 11:14pm

supporting member
     Style: judo hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Always wanted to visit 'down under'.

Merry Christmas! shitter's full...

Posted On:
    5/24/2011 11:49pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Always wanted to visit 'down under'.
    my wife makes me do that on thursday nights. it's highly over rated.
    --------

Quote Originally Posted by it is fake View Post
    yeah, normally i'd get a quote, but couldn't be bothered.

heaven sent and hell bent but weapons clenched and well kept

Posted On:
    5/24/2011 11:52pm

supporting member
     Style: 

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Rabbit's trying to cloud the issue while painting with a broad brush.
    Ha ha I wasn't the one making generalizations, I was in fact calling devil out for making one. The one about intelligence. The one you apparently attributed to me.

Did you not realize I was replying to someone else?

I too said it had nothing to do with intelligence.

No, I'm pretty sure a majority of the po people I saw in the Superdome were DRIVEN there alright. Against their will, in fact.

By a natural disaster.

I'm positive if they had a better place to go, like Palm Springs or Tahoe, and the means to get their entire family there they'd have been there well ahead of the hurricane.

And look at you in Oklahoma, right next door to these killer tornadoes within tornadoes within torna....

You won't last through the Apocalypse.

You'll be dead well ahead of it.
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 5/25/2011 12:02am at . Reason: If you survive, my pack of mutant dogs and I will find you and bring you to safety, so we can form la Resistance.

Posted On:
    5/25/2011 12:16am

Style: MMA, Yoga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Keep in mind that probably just like the U.S. us Aussies are mostly on the opposite end of the spectrum to Battlefields.

I haven't fired a gun and probably wouldn't know how to turn the safety off some of them. I've managed to get lost with a map and a GPS. My total knowledge of how to fix an engine is to call a mechanic and hope they don't rip me off with made up terms.
    "Boxing is the art of hitting an opponent from the furthest distance away, exposing the least amount of your body while getting into position to punch with maximum leverage and not getting hit."
    Kenny Weldon
Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 23456 7891016 ... LastLast