insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

Posted On:
    5/24/2011 12:51pm

supporting member
     Style: (Hung Ga+BJJ+MT+JKD) ^ Qi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost View Post
    This dirty hippie looks meatier to a zombie than a fat person.
    Fixed.

Posted On:
    5/24/2011 12:54pm

Style: Kettles (MA hiatus).

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by judoka_uk View Post
    Phrost, this man disagrees with your theory:

I've seen him buying 2 litres of Fanta and a family pack of Wagon Wheels in Tunbridge Wells MnS, I assume he was stocking up for a trek.

On topic, I think another important thing that was touched upon earlier was loved ones and dependables. I've met dozens of Post Apocalypse fantasists or wannabe hippies that almost lust for some sort of break down and even if they could survive in such an enviroment it's highly unlikely that few of the people they know could.

My collegues and I talk about this kind of thing a lot, mostly for fun but one guy was a good example of the above. He's a very big, very strong guy, he's a good boxer and was in the army for almost a decade and also looks as scary as ****, he'd probably do quite well if things fell apart. He did point out though, that his chronically ill younger brother would die very quickly without the right care and he'd probably never see his sister, who lives in Rio, ever again or his grandparents who live all over the country. All he could do was look after his parents, watch his bro die and never know what happened to the others.

All this depends on how badly things collapse or revert of course but in any way it would be a total nightmare. It won't be sexy and fun like Mad Max/Road Warrior or romantic like an oil painting of rural life. It would suck badly, for everyone.

insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

Posted On:
    5/24/2011 1:03pm

supporting member
     Style: (Hung Ga+BJJ+MT+JKD) ^ Qi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just because you are useful at something doesn't mean you will be able to use those skills for your benefit.

Techs, motorheads, musclemen...they will all be made slaves to men with guns after the Apocalypse.*
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 5/24/2011 1:07pm at . Reason: *except for the ones capable of fleeing into the wilderness and surviving off the land

Everybody was Kung Fu fighting

Posted On:
    5/24/2011 1:07pm

supporting member
     Style: Tai Chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think we need to clarify what kind of social breakdown this is.

Have we been invaded by communists or aliens? Is there a lethal plague spreading in the cities ? Has their been an economic collapse that leaves most people basically okay (at the start) but with food store supply chains and ATMs non-functional and most people's employers bust ?
    !!RENT SPACE HERE FOR 10 VBUCKS PER LINE PER MONTH!!

!! PM ME FOR SPEEDY SERVICE !!

Sponsored by our first customer: Repulsive Monkey

I <3 Sirc.

Posted On:
    5/24/2011 1:22pm

supporting member
     Style: Taijiquan/Shuai-Chiao/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes, let us determine here through reasoned debate what would happen to fatties if aliens invaded!

Posted On:
    5/24/2011 2:15pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Some of you are confusing the guy who tears up a Waffle House breakfast before going off to toss hay bales and build cattle pens, with the guy who tears up a Waffle House breakfast before going to sit on his ass in a cubicle for 8 hours popping Doritos in his mouth while fantasizing about trading off portions of his Costco emergency food storage kit for a woman to touch him.

I swear, some of you don't actually read the article before you post.

Quote Originally Posted by The Freaking Article
    While it's a good idea to have some extra body fat, that's only an asset if your fitness level is such that it doesn't slow you down, make you more easily fatigued, or compromise your ability to react in a SHTF situation.
    I've known guys who were well beyond being categorized as "obese" on the BMI charts, who could knock out 2 miles in 14 minutes. If this describes you, carry on. And if you're 5'10, 150, and can't do a leisurely stroll of a mile in under 10 minutes, you're just as invited to STFU about SHTF scenarios as the lardass fingerfucking his M9 in this video:

Regardless, fatties, personal fitness and general health should be priority #1 when it comes to preparing for a bad situation. It not only increases your chance of survival in dire circumstances, it increases your chances of survival in normal ones as well.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    5/24/2011 2:21pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Phrost, I resent your assertion that Red Dawn is unrealistic.

Posted On:
    5/24/2011 2:53pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by devil View Post
    Phrost, I resent your assertion that Red Dawn is unrealistic.
    I resent having to admit that. I watched Red Dawn until the videotape wore through.

Posted On:
    5/24/2011 2:58pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Cheng Man Ching Taijiquan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There is a VERY simple reason why the slow moving obese stockpilers would not survive a massive dissaster. They would be swarmed by mobs of people who need their stockpiled ****. You can kill a few. You will get killed by the rest. Or eaten. It's all fair play.
    =================
    Kama Sutra blue belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    I used to **** guys like you in prison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
    Dude I kill people for a fucking living.

Dipshit

Posted On:
    5/24/2011 3:17pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cullion View Post
    I think we need to clarify what kind of social breakdown this is.

Have we been invaded by communists or aliens? Is there a lethal plague spreading in the cities ? Has their been an economic collapse that leaves most people basically okay (at the start) but with food store supply chains and ATMs non-functional and most people's employers bust ?
    Going back to this, my interest in the subject is mainly just a "Hurricane Katrina" sort of scenario. Likely candidates for my area range from the recent tornado which just plowed through a town two hours south of me, killing 90 people, and the collapse of the New Madrid fault line, which would wipe out most of the infrastructure of my state.

I'm not really factoring in terrorist attack because, really? So it's mostly natural disasters that are on my radar as concerns.
Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 123 456713 ... LastLast