233666 Bullies, 3542 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 101 to 110 of 270
Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 7891011 1213141521 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. KO'd N DOA is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    1,593

    Posted On:
    5/25/2011 2:17pm


     Style: Judo Sandbagger

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DCS View Post
    How much money is the survivalist industry moving?
    This industry is doing quite well. http://www.christianpost.com/news/re...pastors-46779/
  2. Phrost is offline
    Phrost's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 1998
    Location
    Cow Town
    Posts
    19,121

    Posted On:
    5/25/2011 2:22pm

    Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by creativo View Post
    I wouldn't see expecting your government to effectively help you in a cataclysm as "hanging on to the State teat".
    It absolutely is if you chose to not take any steps to prepare for it or help yourself because you expect the Government to do it for you.
  3. DCS is offline
    DCS's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,095

    Posted On:
    5/25/2011 2:35pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: 柔道

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
  4. KO'd N DOA is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    1,593

    Posted On:
    5/25/2011 2:44pm


     Style: Judo Sandbagger

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DCS View Post
    Okay...Christianity is based upon the end of the world, individually or on mass.

    Therefore, I wager that this industry of steadying people for the end of days and beyond, is a bigger business than welding buses together to make bomb shelters. But that one is getting huge too. Can't find hard stats yet. http://www.alternet.org/environment/..._survivalists/
  5. Devil is offline
    Devil's Avatar

    His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,796

    Posted On:
    5/25/2011 3:07pm

    supporting member
     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawarma View Post
    Alternative, less "lol dum kneegrows!" perspective on the Katrina situation: These people were indeed able to LEAVE if they wanted, as in "get far enough away from Orleans to avoid dying." The trouble is, they'd have to leave everything they owned behind, and even if it turned out to be a false alarm and the waves didn't destroy it, the looters would certainly nick it.

    NO has some poor, poor people, people with no insurance or safety nets. You will therefore have to admit that it is at least SOMEWHAT understandable that these people would want to take the risk of staying behind to protect literally everything they owned from destruction or theft and try to ride out the hurricane, as indeed Americans in that neck of the woods have done many times before.

    You may now return to your ideologically based bukakke party.
    I have no problem with people staying to protect their ****. I just don't want them asking their fellow taxpayers to send a CH-53 to pick their ass up when the cable goes out.
  6. omoplatypus is offline
    omoplatypus's Avatar

    Merry Christmas! shitter's full...

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4,311

    Posted On:
    5/25/2011 3:48pm

    supporting member
     Style: BJJ/Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    phrost, in regards to the school buses sitting still while people needed evacuation help, do you remember the guy that the louisiana highway patrol arrested for grand theft auto(school bus)?

    dude hotwired a bus, got his neighbors and their kids on it, and was on his way out. got pulled over and arrested.

    homie should have gotten a medal.
    --------

    Quote Originally Posted by it is fake View Post
    yeah, normally i'd get a quote, but couldn't be bothered.
  7. W. Rabbit is offline
    W. Rabbit's Avatar

    heaven sent and hell bent but weapons clenched and well kept

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Work
    Posts
    8,634

    Posted On:
    5/25/2011 4:06pm

    supporting member
     Style: 無木兔

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost View Post
    It absolutely is if you chose to not take any steps to prepare for it or help yourself because you expect the Government to do it for you.
    But we expect the government to help us through all sorts of cataclysms.

    Like when you dial 911 during a heart attack, for instance.

    Your argument would be "then buy a portable defib".

    I'd argue: "not everyone can afford a portable defib, or a personal assistant to utilize it on me during a heart attack".

    So, for my tax money I expect basic first response services to WORK.

    But...there are times when basic first response gets destroyed in the catastrophe.

    And for those times, we have the NRP/NRF.

    Well, if a fucking wall of water came over my home because of a storm surge that exceeded, unexpectedly, the local levees, I wouldn't even know who to call. I'd be too busy shitting myself to move, most likely.

    And so would most of you (the ones not floating away dead)

    They said the levee would hold.

    Who said?

    The local gov'ment. They was wrong.

    When that happens, the big gov'ment supposed to step in.
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 5/25/2011 4:14pm at . Reason: That said, being fat = more 911 calls = more heart attacks = more reliance on gov'ment.
  8. W. Rabbit is offline
    W. Rabbit's Avatar

    heaven sent and hell bent but weapons clenched and well kept

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Work
    Posts
    8,634

    Posted On:
    5/25/2011 4:21pm

    supporting member
     Style: 無木兔

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by devil View Post
    I have no problem with people staying to protect their ****. I just don't want them asking their fellow taxpayers to send a CH-53 to pick their ass up when the cable goes out.
    Right, those people trapped on roofs and in trees had no cable, that was why we needed to airlift them to safety in the Gulf....

    Question: DO you think Lt. General Honore would share your asinine ideas?

    No I am pretty sure he'd crush you into a fine paste, then spread you on a crawdad po'boy. Crushed devil makes ONE HOT po'boy.

    Enough with the lame NO hate...the place is home to some of the finest cooking (and people) in America.

    I gar-un-tee.

    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 5/25/2011 4:26pm at .
  9. Permalost is offline
    Permalost's Avatar

    pro nonsense self defense

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    12,683

    Posted On:
    5/25/2011 4:44pm

    supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit
    Enough with the lame NO hate...the place is home to some of the finest cooking (and people) in America.

    I gar-un-tee.


    I've been getting some mileage out of that one lately.
  10. Phrost is offline
    Phrost's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 1998
    Location
    Cow Town
    Posts
    19,121

    Posted On:
    5/25/2011 4:58pm

    Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So, in the grand tradition of things from Bullshido shared with the rest of the Internet, it seems I have upset a small number of people.

    The good news is that the number is so small that it shows the section of Reddit that I reference in the article is mostly reasonable people (or at the very least, that the reasonable people vastly outnumber the nutjobs within that thread).

    The bad news is that I now have some nutjob female from Arkansas threatening to drive to my house... and... well I guess she'll admire my shrubbery because she left it at that, over the fact that I brought up her crapping out 6 kids as a rebuttal to her implication that she was a good judge of, well, anything.

    http://www.reddit.com/r/collapse/com...siders/c1vzhu1

    After all the death threats from ninjas, etc, will I finally be done in by a fat Arkansas woman who can't keep her legs closed? Tune in again for the shocking conclusion to Yes Bitch, I Can Eat an Entire Pizza.
Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 7891011 1213141521 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.