Middleweight

Posted On:
    6/06/2011 1:27pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ+Sanda

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aikironin21 View Post
    He calls himself "Assassin". He trains people to beat "assassins". Maybe he's not BS after all. All he has to do is teach you beat him. If all his certs are fake, this may be easy to do.
    Unless his assassin certs are fake. Logic loop combo-breaker.

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    6/06/2011 2:16pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just got the same email from Rilion's office manager.

Hi Tom,

Lazaro Bueno is not a student at the Rilion Gracie Academy. He train with us last year for 3 months and he was a white belt. Just to confirm your question, Lazaro Bueno is not a Black-Belt under Rilion Gracie and he had train with us for a few months only. He start training with us as a White belt and he left as white belt.

Thanks,

CHRISTOPHER DASILVA
    MANAGER
    email removed to reduce spam
    www.riliongracie.com
    Office: 305-285-2393
    Fax: 305-285-2392

Banzai Buddy

Posted On:
    6/06/2011 4:43pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Nothing - yet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Here, Mr. Bueno appears to be wearing a Jiu-Jitsu gi bearing both the flags of the USA and Brazil. In addition, he is wearing what appears to be a black belt and a patch featuring the logo of Rickson Gracie's association.

I am unfamiliar with any of the other logos and patches.

Banzai Buddy

Posted On:
    6/06/2011 5:31pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Nothing - yet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ^^^^

Oops - just realized that WhiteShark already pointed this out on page 1. My bad. Sorry.

See my tongue. SEE IT!

Posted On:
    6/06/2011 8:16pm

Business Class Supporting Member
      Style: BJJ, MT, TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Larus marinus View Post
    Here, Mr. Bueno appears to be wearing a Jiu-Jitsu gi bearing both the flags of the USA and Brazil. In addition, he is wearing what appears to be a black belt and a patch featuring the logo of Rickson Gracie's association.

I am unfamiliar with any of the other logos and patches.
    The only reason he is wearing that patch is because he filled out a form and paid a membership fee to Rickson's association. It isn't an endorsement of rank and you don't have to be any particular rank to join.

Posted On:
    6/06/2011 9:41pm

Style: BJJ/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Holy ****, and I thought Jason Brinn was bad when it came to misrepresenting your knowledge of BJJ.
    Quote Originally Posted by Newb1 View Post

B) I could not beat a Judoka with Aikido. I could only beat an Aikidoka with Aikido. I thought that was understook.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/06/2011 9:46pm

Style: 'Grapplin'

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hypothetical question. Hypothetically speaking, if i were to say hypothetically call Liezaro Bueno a massive ******, would anyone have any issue with it. Hypothetically of course.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/07/2011 12:28am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sri Hanuman View Post
    KroeanMma? Damn, isthat like haPkido an Yudo"?
    It's no different than conventional MMA. Sometimes, the fighters have trained in Kyuk Too Ki and whatever else.

Kyuk Too Ki is basically Korean Muay Thai mixed with some Hapkido/TKD. I was unaware that it had a belt ranking system, but I guess some schools may grade that way.

What puzzles me is Lazaro's Korean Martial Arts ranks. He claims Black Belts in Hapkido and Hosinsul. The first thing that anyone that comes from a legitimate Hapkido background would ask is, "What Association do you hold rank under?" It's customary for most Hapkido Black Belts to include that when stating or listing their rank. This is especially true when you consider all the political BS that goes on in Hapkido circles, because a lot of the Grand Masters consider their Hapkido to be best Hapkido.

The Hosinsul part is pretty cut and dry. Hosinsul is not an independent system. Hosinsul is the open hand technique aspect of modern Hapkido. Sure, there are some Grand Masters like Serge Baubil that have systems based around it, but if you tell someone that you practice Hosinsul then it implies that you do some form of Hapkido. So if you tell someone that you have a Black Belt in Hapkido, then it implies that you should be able to demonstrate Black Belt level Hosinsul.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/07/2011 12:34am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmike_ebw View Post
    Hypothetical question. Hypothetically speaking, if i were to say hypothetically call Liezaro Bueno a massive ******, would anyone have any issue with it. Hypothetically of course.
    Pragmatically speaking, I could give a **** about his sexual preferences or what you call him. It wouldn't have anything to do with his holding legitimate rank or possibly masquerading as a BJJ Black Belt.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/07/2011 12:46am

Style: BJJ and Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think mr.bigmike_ebw is attempting to troll Mr.Bueno out of hiding, not necessarily attempting to make judgments on his sexuality. 'Massive ******' is a good way to describe someone that dive bombs a thread concerning his validity as a BJJ blackbelt and then refuses to answer question concerning his legitimacy.
Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 289101112 1314151622 ... LastLast