Page 3 of 3 First 123

Style
    BJJ/MT
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stampy View Post
    Every man deserves to be more than average.
    Lies. The combination of genetics and a willingness to work make a man more than average. Someone has to be the shitbag. If everyone was more than average it would simply create a new average with the same shitbags at the bottom.

Edit: I say shitbags because in my experience willingness to work at something generally trumps genetics. However, this in no way precludes you from saying, "I deserve to be more than average." If you're willing to put in the work, then you are correct.

Also: Gym 3. It sounds like they have "world class" training as well and they are closer. I'd prefer great grappling and fair striking over great striking and fair grappling any day.
    Last edited by wetware; 5/21/2011 4:14pm at .

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by wetware View Post
    Lies. The combination of genetics and a willingness to work make a man more than average.
    Interesting way of seeing it

I stand by my statement, but I will expand on it for clarity:
    Deserving something does not mean that you automatically attain it.

In my example, I meant that it's a personal choice whether to push yourself or not; every man can go further than is expected, regardless of what field we're speaking.
    But making that initial step is the important one - in my case, joining one of the gyms we're discussing.
    Anyway, we could argue semantics all day, but for clarities sake, that is what I meant

Also: Gym 3. It sounds like they have "world class" training as well and they are closer. I'd prefer great grappling and fair striking over great striking and fair grappling any day.
    I'm swaying towards Gym 3 myself, too

Style
    Tai Chi
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stampy View Post
    Personally, skipping classes would never be a problem as I aren't that type of person.
    Sure. Sure you're not.

Have you ever trained in anything before ?
    !!RENT SPACE HERE FOR 10 VBUCKS PER LINE PER MONTH!!

!! PM ME FOR SPEEDY SERVICE !!

Sponsored by our first customer: Repulsive Monkey

I <3 Sirc.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cullion View Post
    Sure. Sure you're not.

Have you ever trained in anything before ?
    What does prior training have to do with motivation and consistency in the grand scheme of things?
    I know it's a good marker, but it's ultimately not the only verifier.

Picture a guy who's never had a day off from work in 20 years; would you ask him if he trained in order to gauge his reliability and motivation?

I am not a quitter, that's all you need to know without me going into much personal detail.

Hold back your cynicism if you can.

Anyway - thanks for your comments!

Page 3 of 3 First 123