Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread: face hits

Style
    Tai Chi
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don't lose the fear of getting hit in the face. Learn how to avoid getting hit in the face whilst attacking them.
    !!RENT SPACE HERE FOR 10 VBUCKS PER LINE PER MONTH!!

!! PM ME FOR SPEEDY SERVICE !!

Sponsored by our first customer: Repulsive Monkey

I <3 Sirc.

Style
    MT/BJJ/MMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Something has been/is currently faulty with the database, or so it would seem.

Style
    BJJ and Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thats a pretty decent video Omega. At my Gym in our Nogi/MMA class we put on boxing gloves and try for takedowns while our partner is trying to drill us in the face. It changes your perspective about grappling a lot when people arent playing by the rules. But I think Colin has it down. You pretty much just have to get punched in the face a lot. Once you realise that most people do not have the Knockout punch, and if you know how to take a hit that percentage is even lower, you will stop being afraid of it and start just being cautious of it while excepting it as a very real likelyhood youre gonna have to eat a few in a fight.

Style
    Aikido / FMA / Krotty
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Additional element to the question...

I tend to react like a ***** to striking-sparring mainly because I have a massive nose. It's all bone, with a protruding bridge. I suffered with nose-bleeds that lasted hours rather than minutes, and eventually resulted in both sides being cauterised.

I still get nose bleeds in the summer, and a good shot to my nose is going to break it in a way that is going to **** up my year.

Other than "don't get hit", or "get it broken and get over it"... any suggestions that'll help me spar hard.

Great vid by the way.

When life gives you lemons... BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!

"what's the best thing about aikido then?"
    "To be defeated by your enemies, to be driven by them from the field of battle, and to hear the lamentations of your women." ermghoti

Style
    Taekwondo, Muay Thai
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Getting hit in the face is a lot like learning to enjoy fine whiskey, it is an acquired taste. At first, it burns/hurts like hell, but then you build up your tolerance and then you move up to the stronger stuff. I myself am somewhat of a noob to this face bashing business myself, but I find just tucking your chin, and keeping your guard up at all times is the best remedy. Eventually, you won't even have to think about it, its just apart of the equation.

That being said, I have a ways to go, but that's how I've been doing business.

Style
    Chinese Boxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm baaaaaaaaack.

Page 2 of 2 First 12