Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    8/04/2011 12:48am

Style: Aikido / FMA / Krotty

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by budochic View Post
    I wondering what the exchange rate is?
    About the same as Pounds-Sterling to Yen I imagine.

When life gives you lemons... BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!

"what's the best thing about aikido then?"
    "To be defeated by your enemies, to be driven by them from the field of battle, and to hear the lamentations of your women." ermghoti

Certified Fitness Trainer

Posted On:
    8/04/2011 1:09am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Judo, Jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tae-kwon-do-jud
    He rang me at 3pm saying "we would like to offer you the job but you need to pay us £35 in order for us to get your karate suit" Since when did employee's need to pay their employers money just to get a job ?!

I also found out that Go Kan Ryu is an anagram of Kan Go Ryu as GKR was originated from an Australian guy.
    It's actually not uncommon for employers to require you to pay for certain things, like uniforms. Take cops for example. They're pretty much required to pay for their own uniforms, weapons, and gear.

And no, that's not an anagram. An anagram is a rearrangement of individual letters to make unique, real, words; and is intended as an intellectual challenge. Changing Go Kan to Kan Go is none of these. It doesn't rearrange letters, it doesn't make real words, and it doesn't require any intelligence to figure out. Try again.

Finally, use the damned search function. You're not adding anything new to the discussion.
    Click To Get My Free Training Newsletter... Do It NOW!

"You all just got fucking owned.";
    "TaeBo_Master and GajusCaesar just scored 10,000,000 points on all you pawns."

- The Wastrel

Posted On:
    11/23/2011 11:03pm

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You missed the mayb, the dam, the realy and the missing punctuation and capitalisation of letters, Tom .C, but goddamn you are funny. Your first reply to the OP still makes me chuckle outrageously.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    Ups to Battlefields for dropping the sage wisdom.

You are like a Pimp Yoda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    Battlefields... You're more of a man than I am.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.

Posted On:
    8/11/2012 9:21pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: karate

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hello guys!! first im not english so im sorry for any spelling or any other mistakes. Ive joined GKR two weeks ago, even after reading all bad things about it on forums and i have to say i have a hard time cus of what i read but thought about and im not agre with any of bad coments.
    1.door to door sail - honestly, whats wrong about guys promoting sport knocking to ppl doors.ertising and promoting, same like adverts in your tv, no buddy likes them but every buddy have to watch it! or bilbord on the streets, spam... is just a way of getting a client and it is a very genue way. as many ppl do not know there is such a opoortuninty and they never would know if karate-man wont knock to there doors. Many ppl thanks us for doing what we do, for some childen that might be only oportuninty to have better start in life, to do something interesting....
    2. no contact - well, maybe it is not perfect way of teaching maybe is, i gues it only depends from how much you put your self in it and from your Sensei. my Sensei is preety good, and is doing this from years, most instructors are good cus GKR is a fun job. i dont see much to not like about really. no contact it make a lot of sense if you realize that age range in GKR is 5 up to us you can hold on you legs. here is no limits, is the safes way of doing it in such enviroment and variety of students.

3.working for GKR or just doing classes in my opinion is pretty valuble, and what im saing is not a brain wash, it is logicly thinking beautiful way of improvments for every buddy.

is a form of adv

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/11/2012 9:32pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No contact makes a lot of sense? No, it does not if you are learning self defense. If someone attacks you they are not going to stop 3 inches away from your face and wait for you to react. I've seen multiple people freeze the first time they are actually hit. Yes, even in a controlled safe environment at less than 60% contact. Guess what you are going to do under pressure?

Most people do not like commercials. So, you just argued something annoying is okay because we endure something else annoying. Your analogy is poor.

Posted On:
    8/11/2012 10:27pm

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Trolljob. Nobody is that stupid*.

*I have been known to overestimate the intelligence of the masses because I am an optimist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    Ups to Battlefields for dropping the sage wisdom.

You are like a Pimp Yoda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    Battlefields... You're more of a man than I am.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.

Posted On:
    8/12/2012 11:18am

Style: Humbleness

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    LOLZ This Gkr karate **** are so funny
    they even put shorts on the English Giant

http://www.gkrkaratescam.com/bigtarget.html

LOLZ to the explanations you give for sucking so much

Extraordinarily Ordinary

Posted On:
    8/12/2012 11:39am

supporting member
     Style: TKD, CMA & American Kenpo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    I've seen multiple people freeze the first time they are actually hit. Yes, even in a controlled safe environment at less than 60% contact. Guess what you are going to do under pressure?
    I'm going to agree with the following quote and your assessment.
    'We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level of our training.'-Archilochus

Posted On:
    8/12/2012 3:49pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Aikido,Judo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    [QUOTE=agaton25;2713704.
    1.door to door sail - honestly, whats wrong about guys promoting sport knocking to ppl doors.ertising and promoting, same like adverts in your tv, no buddy likes them but every buddy have to watch it! or bilbord on the streets, spam... is just a way of getting a client and it is a very genue way. as many ppl do not know there is such a opoortuninty and they never would know if karate-man wont knock to there doors. Many ppl thanks us for doing what we do, for some childen that might be only oportuninty to have better start in life, to do something interesting....
    [/QUOTE]

The only thing wrong with pedaling this **** door to door is that you are going door to door to pedal that ****. I would invite you and all other door to door sales people to stay the **** off of my porch. You fuckers interrupt all the telemarketers who call me all the time trying to sell me **** I don't want.

Posted On:
    11/12/2012 7:10pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Japanese Ju Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Going back to your original comments about GKR being a scam,

I would firstly like to assure you that I agree whole heartedly and secondly would like to shed some further damaging light on the subject.

My fiancé did a broadcasting degree at Leeds University (UK) and part of her course was about libel and slander etc. There was a huge chunk of the course on the legalities of certain things like advertising and what not. The main focus for the section was GKR Karate as they had been sued (successfully) on at least one occasion for false advertising and "pressure selling". (this requires further research and could date back over a decade).

Additionally, we used to have a friend that worked for GKR as an instructor. He did infact already have a black belt in shotokan so he was a valid instructor, however.. the majority of his work consisted of knocking on doors (sometimes late at night) to literally bully people into signing up. Obviously our friend realised what was happening and quit the job, especially after he realised that he wouldnt actually be teaching, just selling.

I also now have an up to date location of their "instructor" training facilities. They use the studio hall at Xercise4Less on kirkstall road in Leeds. i train there myself everyday, for my own benefit and frequently have to stop myself pointing and laughing. Their "instructors" are all trainees with only one genuine black belt. They also use some office space to go over their "pitch" before they head out for a healthy Maccie Ds up the road... not to mention the half pack of fags I have seen them all puffing on.

they are a disgrace to real martial arts clubs.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast