Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/18/2011 2:12am

Style: Aikido, Kajukembo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't know if this qualifies as a "Ki story". When I was a fish prison guard, I had an inmate come up and attempt to grab my badge, while I was supervising a chow hall. I applied a nikyo technique to his grabbing arm, and laid him face down across a table. I realized he was a K-cat which meant he was developmentally disabled. I decided to let him back up, and counsel him to his behavior. When I released the technique, he stayed laid out across the table, with his arm still in the same position as though he was still in the pin. I told him he could get up and he looked back at his arm and at me. He seemed surprised I had already let go of him.

I don't know if this would be considered a Ki experience. I make no claim to understand, or to be able to control or use Ki. Who knows, this experience could have more to do with the mental state of the inmate. I had released him, so wasn't trying to project any "force" to keep him pinned. Something appeared to have the inmate thinking I was still pinning him down on the table though.

LVL 99 Photomancer

Posted On:
    5/18/2011 4:50am

supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aikironin21 View Post
    I don't know if this qualifies as a "Ki story". When I was a fish prison guard, I had an inmate come up and attempt to grab my badge, while I was supervising a chow hall. I applied a nikyo technique to his grabbing arm, and laid him face down across a table. I realized he was a K-cat which meant he was developmentally disabled. I decided to let him back up, and counsel him to his behavior. When I released the technique, he stayed laid out across the table, with his arm still in the same position as though he was still in the pin. I told him he could get up and he looked back at his arm and at me. He seemed surprised I had already let go of him.

I don't know if this would be considered a Ki experience. I make no claim to understand, or to be able to control or use Ki. Who knows, this experience could have more to do with the mental state of the inmate. I had released him, so wasn't trying to project any "force" to keep him pinned. Something appeared to have the inmate thinking I was still pinning him down on the table though.
    my bet is suggestive hypnosis.

Posted On:
    5/18/2011 8:42am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kenkojuku Karate, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ignorami View Post
    He told me to turn back the same way as everyone else, over the seam again, "so that everyone's ki is flowing in the same direction".
    Well, you don't want to cross the streams.

Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    He's a JMAer he can keep it right here.
    Okay? Never asked for it to be moved. I suggested where he might get more replies next time.

(Maybe I was wrong, Ignorami's story was pretty good. Quality over quantity perhaps.)

Posted On:
    5/18/2011 8:54am

Style: Kendo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When I was 30, I had the chance to play Haga-sensei, who was 76 at the time. If any of you have seen "Kendo's Gruelling Challenge", he's the little old guy with glasses coaching the older candidate. Anyways, he asked me to practice taiatari men, which is a full cross-checking body clash followed up with a cut to the head backing up. Normally you don't do those with old guys but he insisted. I outweighed him by probably 50 lbs in addition to being over 4 decades younger. I've got a pretty solid taiatari, I can move guys back pretty good even if they're bigger than me. Felt like I was hitting a brick wall. He didn't move back an inch. I don't believe in ki, but it's a useful model for explaining something like that which is probably really just awesome biomechanics.

Sorry for the real thing rather than a funny story...

Silent Guardian

Posted On:
    5/18/2011 9:01am

Business Class Supporting Member
     Gladiators Academy Lafayette, LA Style: Judo, MMA, White Trash JJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When I was growing up I trained with an older Chinese guy. It was fun and he showed me the way to develop my chi in a way that was quite astonishing. After awhile he told me that in order to reach my full potential I should find is teacher and study under him for awhile.

I set out to do just so but kept running into obstacles. My families business was constantly harassed by this Japophile who taught he was a bad ass karate guy and him and his friends constantly were challenging me. He even came to the studio I was teaching at one afternoon and beat up some of my students.

I also meet this girl at the same time and was helping her out with some problems she was having with this guy who ran an arcade. She was very helpful.

When I finally found the old master he was working at some fortune cookie factory and the employees wouldn't let me see him. I snuck in using a disguise and finally meet the master. It really wasn't a guy but the computer that made the saying for the cookies. My old instructor was a bit of a character and always used strange methods to teach me. One time he made me get all.... well maybe that will come out later.

So now the Japophile guy and the arcade owner get together and kidnap the girl so instead of calling the police I get my students together and we go save her. This leads to me actually fighting the Japophile guy.

He was really powerful and I could actually see his chi manifest itself in his hands. I was getting beat up pretty bad and almost out when I realized that the power I needed was inside me and it was like turning on a light. I could feel my chi build in me and start to develop around my body. This was the turning point of the fight as I was able to smash the other guy. Then the arcade owner actually took a shot at me but since my chi was so high I caught the bullet and beat him up too.
    Judo is only gentle for the guy on top.

Posted On:
    5/18/2011 9:17am

Style: Aikido / FMA / Krotty

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Can't place it, but Stephen Chow should re-make it.

Have I missed out on something I should be ashamed not to have seen?

When life gives you lemons... BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!

"what's the best thing about aikido then?"
    "To be defeated by your enemies, to be driven by them from the field of battle, and to hear the lamentations of your women." ermghoti

Silent Guardian

Posted On:
    5/18/2011 9:17am

Business Class Supporting Member
     Gladiators Academy Lafayette, LA Style: Judo, MMA, White Trash JJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ignorami View Post
    Can't place it, but Stephen Chow should re-make it.

Have I missed out on something I should be ashamed not to have seen?

Sigh today's children
    Judo is only gentle for the guy on top.

Posted On:
    5/18/2011 9:55am

Style: Aikijujutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Today's Children? No I never heard of it, what's the Cantonese name?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/18/2011 10:00am

Style: Aikido, bits of jits

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aikironin21 View Post

This happened me once with a nikyo pin / hije osae.
    There have been other instances with my instructor where I've taken ukemi that made it look like ki tricks. His normal reaction is to ask me what the f*** I'm doing and get back to normal practise or to laugh.

Reflecting on the time I kept myself locked I think I was tensing up. You can give yourself the feeling of a muscle cramp on the inside of the forearm if you do this. This is an unusual feeling and can be mistaken for the feeling of being locked.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/18/2011 3:24pm

Style: Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Master Sho'Nuff!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast