Posted On:
    5/12/2011 4:40pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
    Have you seen their other stuff?
    I'm convinced that Christian martial arts are formed entirely by putting a bunch of martial arts uniforms and toys in a rec room and giving some authority to the oldest teenager.

You have to work the look.

Posted On:
    5/12/2011 5:37pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Expert village is a content farm. They basically check out what terms people are searching, and then get videos made on that. They don't particularly care about the quality, they just want to be at the top of the page when you type anything into google.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    5/12/2011 5:44pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CrackFox View Post
    Expert village is a content farm. They basically check out what terms people are searching, and then get videos made on that.
    Then how come there's not a collection of videos by Expert Village on how to be a sorority slut?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/12/2011 5:51pm

Style: BJJ, Boxing, Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    because sorority slut wannabe's don't actually use search engines on how to become them ?

They're born with cocks in their mouf

You have to work the look.

Posted On:
    5/12/2011 5:59pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    Then how come there's not a collection of videos by Expert Village on how to be a sorority slut?
    Remember, they just want to get easy hits on google - the market for sorority slut videos is saturated, and their competitors would all use high levels of search engine optimization.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/12/2011 6:46pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This might be a really dumb question but are you allowed to carry around swords in public (in the US)? I know there are concealed weapons licenses but if you don't conceal the sword would you be allowed to? I just quickly searched google and it looks like some of the results say it depends on the state, but some states don't seem to have laws against it.

Posted On:
    5/12/2011 7:15pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Disastorm View Post
    This might be a really dumb question but are you allowed to carry around swords in public (in the US)? I know there are concealed weapons licenses but if you don't conceal the sword would you be allowed to? I just quickly searched google and it looks like some of the results say it depends on the state, but some states don't seem to have laws against it.
    I could imagine that quickly becoming a case of disturbing the peace.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/12/2011 7:36pm

Style: JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Some states' CCW laws specifically prohibit weapons that are not handguns. Ohio is a good example. You can carry any pistol, but pistols in a non pistol caliber are a nono. Kentucky on the other hand allows knives and pretty much whatever the hell you want to carry if you have a CCW. So that is an option, if you want to be silly and carry a far less effective weapon.

From personal experience, I'd say the sword thing is a terrible idea. When I was a kid walking to karate class I got stopped and harassed by the police just for having a bo staff.

CCW = concealed carry weapon. I just realized not everyone would know that.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/13/2011 12:03am

Style: Hsing I, Bagua, Chi kung

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CrackFox View Post
    Expert village is a content farm. They basically check out what terms people are searching, and then get videos made on that. They don't particularly care about the quality, they just want to be at the top of the page when you type anything into google.
    That explains quite a bit. It's always bugged me as to whom the filtering is being done by. There simply isn't any.

Quote Originally Posted by Disastorm View Post
    Can't speak for states other than New Jersey and Arizona, which are antipodal as far as weapons laws.
    New Jersey bans everything, even violent thoughts.
    In Arizona, however, you can open carry a weapon like a sword as long as it is in a sheath/scabbard/holster. If you have a CCW, you can carry ANYTHING except nunchucks and explosives. Recently the law was changed to allow anyone to carry concealed firearms but reading the statute, I don't believe you can carry anything else unless you have the permit.
    Having seen people carry swords in public, I can tell you, it may be legal but it will get you LOTS of unwanted attention.

insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

Posted On:
    5/13/2011 12:17am

supporting member
     Style: (Hung Ga+BJJ+MT+JKD) ^ Qi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    Because those types of professionals get paid big money.

They sell their videos on DVD or online for a fee.

Quote Originally Posted by vaquero de las nalgas View Post
    New Jersey bans everything, even violent thoughts.
    Unless you are Governor Christie in which case you are allowed to have angry rants against anyone who displeases you, especially teachers.
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 5/13/2011 12:21am at .
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast