Heel Hook Hunter

Posted On:
    5/19/2011 2:29pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: Jiu Jitsu | Knife

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by David Koresh Jr. View Post
    I'm laughing to myself because I know what this looks like. BJJ guy saying he knows about leglocks but does classical ones etc. etc. In Houston I've trained with a bjj black belt and sambo trained guy under Lloyd Irvin, I use many types of leglocks. It's just since I compete in a lot of BJJ comps they don't let you "cross the knee" now so I practice mainly that one. I like the saddle style one as well.

Also I'm talking about in competition tapping browns and purples. I've yet to tap a black in competition, I'm hoping to remedy this soon.
    Good luck! Yeah I am not talking in competition. Mine was on the training mat after I am convinced he let me have the half guard sweep and I think I surprised him with it (Despite my ranks I tend to like to wear a white belt). I definately paid for that the rest of the round (still worth it).

Yeah, my bad didn't meen to lecture on leg locks, I am just surprised of how many BJJ purples I run into that never learn any leg locks. In fact like 6 month ago, a Pedro Sauer affliciate Purple Belt that was visiting my friend's school pulled me off the mat to teach him how to do a calf slicer.

Fasten your seat belts, and prepare for lift off

Posted On:
    5/19/2011 2:31pm

supporting member
     Style: Combat Cuddling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasma View Post
    Good luck! Yeah I am not talking in competition. Mine was on the training mat after I am convinced he let me have the half guard sweep and I think I surprised him with it. I definately paid for that the rest of the round (still worth it).

Yeah, my bad didn't meen to lecture on leg locks, I am just surprised of how many BJJ purples I run into that never learn any leg locks. In fact like 6 month ago, a Pedro Sauer affliciate Purple Belt that was visiting my friend's school pulled me off the mat to teach him how to do a calf slicer.
    It's cool. Yes it is quite sad, but great for me when it comes to competition. Easy winning.

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    5/19/2011 2:37pm

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't see why it's so weird. Your rules just do let them apply. It's about as weird as MT guys not knowing how to defend/throw a side kick.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/19/2011 2:55pm

Style: Stabbing the Face.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I watched that video again. I'm still not entirely sure what that guy was trying to do (besides lose?). Why is he trying to pull guard from that position? I've seen blind people with a better sense of positioning and timing.

Even if you didn't know anything about groundfighting, you could at least perform a crude sprawl to get your legs out of the way instead of voluntarily offering up your ankles for a leglock (I also notice he doesn't even try to pull his legs away when you reach for them).

It's possibly the worst display of groundfighting I have ever seen. (Not from you David, that was a pretty sweet leglock).

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/19/2011 3:02pm

Style: 10thP/BJJ/Wrestling/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirc View Post
    It's going to go the way 10th Planet goes when they go to any tournament. Badly. Everyone knows their gameplan, and will just destroy it.
    Right....you mean like how Sean Bollinger, John Botello, and Scott Epstein, to name a few, haven't accomplished anything at BJJ/Sub tournaments and how "everyone" destroyed their gameplans.

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    5/19/2011 5:59pm

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iainkelt View Post
    Right....you mean like how Sean Bollinger, John Botello, and Scott Epstein, to name a few, haven't accomplished anything at BJJ/Sub tournaments and how "everyone" destroyed their gameplans.
    4 or 5 guys out of the 1000 or so 10th planet guys doesn't make you correct, dipshit.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/20/2011 2:43am

Style: 10thP/BJJ/Wrestling/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    4 or 5 guys out of the 1000 or so 10th planet guys doesn't make you correct, dipshit.
    Actually it makes me entirely correct and you, as usual, looking like someone who is all talk with no knowledge or facts to back it up. So instead you try to shift the focus.

You made a broad sweeping generalization, I countered with verifiable facts that refuted your comments, and now you come back with "well....ok....maybe I'm wrong about my first pile of bullshit but now I'll move the goalposts and drop a second steaming load".

So first it was that all the 10th planet guys suck and "everybody" destroys them at tournaments....now it's that there are only 4 or 5 guys out of the 1000 or 10th planet guys that don't suck....but all of the rest them MUST....because you said so and I'm sure that's based on your vast knowledge of BJJ/Sub tournaments happening around the country and world....right?

Are there shitty 10th planet students/fans out there? Of course. Some because they just suck, some because they get caught up in flashy techniques instead of basics, some because they are beginners, some lack the physical tools, etc....just like students of any other system. Yes, that includes Judo, BJJ, Sambo, and every other style imaginable.

Heel Hook Hunter

Posted On:
    5/20/2011 8:24am

Style: Jiu Jitsu | Knife

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sirc by that logic no school is good. Most schools only have a handful of people that compete at the top level. Btw, I doubt 10th Planet has 1000 students when you include all their moons and hotboxs. And most of those people are White/Blue Belts.

Also for "Everyone destroys them because they know their gameplans" isn't really true. Everyone knows Marcelo Garcia's gameplan (X-guard, Arm Drag, Omoplata, Gullitione, North-South choke), Everyone knows Ryan Hall's gameplan (Deep Half Guard, 50/50 Guard, Inverted Heel Hook, Rolling Back Take) and both are extremely successful at the top levels. Knowing a gameplan and being able to stop it are two different things.
    Last edited by Plasma; 5/20/2011 8:31am at .

Ninja Fruit

Posted On:
    6/02/2011 11:50am

Style: JKD, Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No actual update, but it sounds like Bravo is continuing to train for this. He's working with Machado.

Jiu Jitsu Magazine Excerpt:
    JM- Give us your prediction on the fight.

EB- Predicting a win over someone who has been training Jiu-Jitsu his whole life under the grand master of BJJ would be a bit silly. Who knows what will happen, he is a legend with ultra-super solid Jiu-Jitsu skills but I know I can submit him again. Will it happen the next time we compete? Who knows, but I will do everything in my power to shift the odds in my favor for this match.

JM- Is there any changes that you need to do to your training before the big rematch against the Gracie?

EB- Yes, but I won’t talk about my training publicly. All I will say is that my master Jean Jacques Machado will be involved in my preparation.
    "Never trust a quote you read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    6/03/2011 2:01pm

Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Cobrinha trains at my gym sometimes! :)
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 1011 LastLast