222267 Bullies, 3346 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 61 to 70 of 138
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 891011 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. edselaquino is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Sydney NSW
    Posts
    119

    Posted On:
    6/01/2011 5:09pm


     Style: JKD

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No it doesn't unfortunately. The last pcyc i rang up said they would lend out the hall for 35 an hour. But it did require our own insurance to be presented before they would consider lending us the venue.

    Thats why i was enquiring if there was someone who might have a friend or trainer that might lend out their gym instead. But given the attitude of some school owners, they probably wouldn't like a bunch of strangers walking into their gym using their equipment and going.

    In any case i agree, the pcyc is the way to go.
  2. greatheight is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    217

    Posted On:
    6/06/2011 10:31am


     Style: Kickboxing/BJJ/Wimp

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm looking to make some phone calls tomorrow regarding insurance, and possible alternative locations.

    Katriona, your uni has a padded hall thang surely?
  3. bobyclumsyninja is offline
    bobyclumsyninja's Avatar

    :)

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Bahstun
    Posts
    7,038

    Posted On:
    6/06/2011 11:42am

    supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    Here you go Aussies. Sized to be a sigpic.
  4. Katriona1992 is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    422

    Posted On:
    6/07/2011 2:24am


     Style: Boxing and No Gi BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by greatheight View Post
    I'm looking to make some phone calls tomorrow regarding insurance, and possible alternative locations.

    Katriona, your uni has a padded hall thang surely?
    I think we do (I don't do judo at my uni as the lessons clash horribly with my timetable). I'll phone tomorrow and check :)
  5. Seedle Avenger is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Below the equator.
    Posts
    50

    Posted On:
    6/12/2011 9:27am


     Style: JKD / Systema

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Tell me where , when and how much and I'll be there.
  6. Katriona1992 is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    422

    Posted On:
    6/16/2011 5:03pm


     Style: Boxing and No Gi BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Katriona1992 View Post
    I think we do (I don't do judo at my uni as the lessons clash horribly with my timetable). I'll phone tomorrow and check :)
    It cannot be used for anyn other events other than pure wrestling/judo matches sorry :(
  7. Rickko is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    253

    Posted On:
    6/22/2011 5:29am


     Style: Muay Thai & Bjj

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sorry I've been tardy guys,but I've been sidelined after two knee op's ( with a third to come next week as I returned to training too quickly & popped it in a boxing class of all things ).
    I spoke to my mate at Dragonfist earlier tonight,& unfortunatly he has been just as slack as me.He has been off with a broken foot,& has just blown his calf muscle overcompensating whilst teaching.
    I'm hoping to have an answer by Tuesday,but I am aiming for a date at the end of the year.
    Sorry guys,but since I won't be fit to play until september,I am trying to set up something for october onwards on a Sunday.
    Keep pushing your contacts for something earlier if thats what you guys want.I apologize for not letting you know sooner what the sitch is,but after blowing my knee yet again I went through A **** training mindset for a few weeks & I'm the kind of guy that if I can't do it,I'll be damned if I'm gonna talk about it.
  8. battlefields is offline
    battlefields's Avatar

    Moderator

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Australia, Land of Oz
    Posts
    5,220

    Posted On:
    6/22/2011 6:53am

    forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It pisses me off majorly that we live in such a fucking nanny state.
  9. greatheight is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    217

    Posted On:
    6/22/2011 10:35am


     Style: Kickboxing/BJJ/Wimp

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickko View Post
    Sorry I've been tardy guys,but I've been sidelined after two knee op's ( with a third to come next week as I returned to training too quickly & popped it in a boxing class of all things ).
    I spoke to my mate at Dragonfist earlier tonight,& unfortunatly he has been just as slack as me.He has been off with a broken foot,& has just blown his calf muscle overcompensating whilst teaching.
    I'm hoping to have an answer by Tuesday,but I am aiming for a date at the end of the year.
    Sorry guys,but since I won't be fit to play until september,I am trying to set up something for october onwards on a Sunday.
    Keep pushing your contacts for something earlier if thats what you guys want.I apologize for not letting you know sooner what the sitch is,but after blowing my knee yet again I went through A **** training mindset for a few weeks & I'm the kind of guy that if I can't do it,I'll be damned if I'm gonna talk about it.
    I ain't found **** either. But I'll keep looking.

    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    It pisses me off majorly that we live in such a fucking nanny state.
    I know right? It seems anywhere else in the world you can just walk into some place and start sparring without much trouble.
  10. battlefields is offline
    battlefields's Avatar

    Moderator

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Australia, Land of Oz
    Posts
    5,220

    Posted On:
    6/22/2011 6:39pm

    forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I tried looking for somewhere last year and it all came to nothing because everyone was **** scared of an insurance claim. I even suggested that everyone would sign an indemnity form releasing the venue of responsibility and they said no. I went as far as thinking we all get together at a park, lay down some jigsaw mats and do it that way, but then I remembered the police over here aren't chasing down criminals, they're chasing down violations that result in fines.
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 891011 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.