Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 891011 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/01/2011 5:09pm

Style: JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No it doesn't unfortunately. The last pcyc i rang up said they would lend out the hall for 35 an hour. But it did require our own insurance to be presented before they would consider lending us the venue.

Thats why i was enquiring if there was someone who might have a friend or trainer that might lend out their gym instead. But given the attitude of some school owners, they probably wouldn't like a bunch of strangers walking into their gym using their equipment and going.

In any case i agree, the pcyc is the way to go.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/06/2011 10:31am

Style: Kickboxing/BJJ/Wimp

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm looking to make some phone calls tomorrow regarding insurance, and possible alternative locations.

Katriona, your uni has a padded hall thang surely?

:)

Posted On:
    6/06/2011 11:42am

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Here you go Aussies. Sized to be a sigpic.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/07/2011 2:24am

Style: Boxing and No Gi BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by greatheight View Post
    I'm looking to make some phone calls tomorrow regarding insurance, and possible alternative locations.

Katriona, your uni has a padded hall thang surely?
    I think we do (I don't do judo at my uni as the lessons clash horribly with my timetable). I'll phone tomorrow and check :)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/12/2011 9:27am

Style: JKD / Systema

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Tell me where , when and how much and I'll be there.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/16/2011 5:03pm

Style: Boxing and No Gi BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Katriona1992 View Post
    I think we do (I don't do judo at my uni as the lessons clash horribly with my timetable). I'll phone tomorrow and check :)
    It cannot be used for anyn other events other than pure wrestling/judo matches sorry :(

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/22/2011 5:29am

Style: Muay Thai & Bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sorry I've been tardy guys,but I've been sidelined after two knee op's ( with a third to come next week as I returned to training too quickly & popped it in a boxing class of all things ).
    I spoke to my mate at Dragonfist earlier tonight,& unfortunatly he has been just as slack as me.He has been off with a broken foot,& has just blown his calf muscle overcompensating whilst teaching.
    I'm hoping to have an answer by Tuesday,but I am aiming for a date at the end of the year.
    Sorry guys,but since I won't be fit to play until september,I am trying to set up something for october onwards on a Sunday.
    Keep pushing your contacts for something earlier if thats what you guys want.I apologize for not letting you know sooner what the sitch is,but after blowing my knee yet again I went through A **** training mindset for a few weeks & I'm the kind of guy that if I can't do it,I'll be damned if I'm gonna talk about it.

Posted On:
    6/22/2011 6:53am

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It pisses me off majorly that we live in such a fucking nanny state.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/22/2011 10:35am

Style: Kickboxing/BJJ/Wimp

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickko View Post
    Sorry I've been tardy guys,but I've been sidelined after two knee op's ( with a third to come next week as I returned to training too quickly & popped it in a boxing class of all things ).
    I spoke to my mate at Dragonfist earlier tonight,& unfortunatly he has been just as slack as me.He has been off with a broken foot,& has just blown his calf muscle overcompensating whilst teaching.
    I'm hoping to have an answer by Tuesday,but I am aiming for a date at the end of the year.
    Sorry guys,but since I won't be fit to play until september,I am trying to set up something for october onwards on a Sunday.
    Keep pushing your contacts for something earlier if thats what you guys want.I apologize for not letting you know sooner what the sitch is,but after blowing my knee yet again I went through A **** training mindset for a few weeks & I'm the kind of guy that if I can't do it,I'll be damned if I'm gonna talk about it.
    I ain't found **** either. But I'll keep looking.

Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    It pisses me off majorly that we live in such a fucking nanny state.
    I know right? It seems anywhere else in the world you can just walk into some place and start sparring without much trouble.

Posted On:
    6/22/2011 6:39pm

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I tried looking for somewhere last year and it all came to nothing because everyone was **** scared of an insurance claim. I even suggested that everyone would sign an indemnity form releasing the venue of responsibility and they said no. I went as far as thinking we all get together at a park, lay down some jigsaw mats and do it that way, but then I remembered the police over here aren't chasing down criminals, they're chasing down violations that result in fines.
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 891011 ... LastLast