Page 6 of 14 First ... 2345678910 ... Last
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Despite the intriguing title, there's nothing NSFW about this thread. Dumb Aussies.

Ees joke, ees nly joke! I read good than you think
    "Never trust a quote you read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Katriona1992 View Post
    I've been keeping my eye on that club coz I heard it was fab. Once I can convince my parents that my chances of being physically harmed walking from the gym to the train station at 9pm, I might go there for some trials.

If you don't mind, can you pm me the pricing and the number of female members etc etc?
    It's an excellent school - although this opinion is coming from someone who didn't practice any martial arts before hand, other than a couple of stints at the local PCYC for kickboxing and a little bit of poorly trained BJJ, so I have little to compare it to in regards to quality. Danno and Rikko probably have a better idea of it's quality compared to other schools, but I'll PM you the details regardless.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tao.jonez View Post
    Despite the intriguing title, there's nothing NSFW about this thread. Dumb Aussies.

Ees joke, ees nly joke! I read good than you think
    whats NSFW?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not Safe for Work.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by greatheight View Post
    Not Safe for Work.
    alright thanks and thanks for the PMs :)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Katriona,theres a bus stop 20 odd metres from the front door of spma that'll drop you at Burwood station,otherwise it's almost a 40min walk,which can really suck after class.
    Can't really compare gyms for you though,all of my prior experience was with various tma's.

As for the venue,are pcyc's considered government buildings?
    I have to carry 20million in liability insurance ( personal liability ) to work freelance in gov. buildings like the various entertainment centres,etc. ( 20mil is the government requirement )
    That sets me back between 1200 - 1400 dollars a year.
    I've always enjoyed telling asshole clients that I can blow up their **** & burn down the venue without even breaking my excess.

At present though I hate my insurance company.
    They are refusing to renew my personal wages insurance in september 'cause apparently I have had too many claims for injuries in the last 4 years. ( funny,about as long as I've been training MT & Bjj ).

For the last couple of years they were content to jack my premiums up big time,but now they claim that I'm too much of a risk due to my age & the fact that I continually ( & against doctors advice ) put myself in harms way,deliberately risking injury.
    Can't really argue with that...But what a pack of tossers!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickko View Post
    Katriona,theres a bus stop 20 odd metres from the front door of spma that'll drop you at Burwood station,otherwise it's almost a 40min walk,which can really suck after class.
    Okies...I found the number of that bus..thank you :)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Okay back on topic guys.

Is there anyone that has a friend with a studio or a martial arts school that might be willing to rent their gym out?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by edselaquino View Post
    Okay back on topic guys.

Is there anyone that has a friend with a studio or a martial arts school that might be willing to rent their gym out?
    I think your best bet will be at PCYCs (a type of police run community centre). If I remember correctly, the nearest PCYC to me in Burwood has a martial art hall which goes for around $50 per hour (http://www.pcycnsw.org/club_burwood_venue).

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Katriona1992 View Post
    I think your best bet will be at PCYCs (a type of police run community centre). If I remember correctly, the nearest PCYC to me in Burwood has a martial art hall which goes for around $50 per hour (http://www.pcycnsw.org/club_burwood_venue).
    Does that include insurance and stuffs?

Page 6 of 14 First ... 2345678910 ... Last